“A Foodies' 'must see'!”

$79.00*
Brooklyn Waterfront Bike Tour
Ranked #13 of 235 things to do in Brooklyn
Reviewed October 15, 2012

I don't even know how i went for so long without ever checking it out. I finally made it last weekend (one stop of the L from Manhattan and a quick walk to the water). I'm definitely going to have to go back before Nov. 17th when it apparently goes away for the winter. My biggest issue there being... too many delicious choices. I'd recommend going with a group of friends so you can try a few things and share and enjoy the SmorgasBar. Whether you are a savory fan or have a sweet tooth, you'll find items to satisfy everyone. If you have out-of-towners, this is also a great spot as you get fantastic Manhattan view.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,391)

Reviewed October 12, 2012

Went to Williamsburg last Saturday for brunch. Had been recommended a place to go to but couldn't find it, so ended up in the Two Door Tavern - great place and lovely food, would recommend it.

Williamsburg itself is full of 20-30 somethings all trying to look hip and cool. If this is your thing, along with paying silly prices for food and drink, then you'll love it. I didn't however, and headed back to Bed-Stuy, where even if it's a bit scruffy, at least it's keeping it real.

1  Thank MallorcaLover
Reviewed October 11, 2012

After seeing Mario Batalli visit Smorgasburg as shown on "The Chew", I was hooked! I immediately planned a trip to New York. It was worth the insane driving habits I encountered trying to get around. There were over 50 food vendors. Need I say more? We sampled an array of savory and sweet items throughout the event. My absolute favorite was seeing the Porchetta tent which immediately took me back to my great food finds in Rome. The views are spectacular!!!! So grab an arepa, or empanada, or barbeque ribs, or noodles, or whatever your heart desires.....take a seat with a great view of Manhattan.....and just hang out. I would be there every Saturday if I lived in New York!!! However, I hope you are using public transportation!!!!

Reviewed October 6, 2012

We visited Williamsburg in August 2012, ostensibly to vsist the fleamarket on a sunday morning.What a great place! The fleamarket was fabulous; loads to see, do, eat & buy - the watermelon shaved ice was especially delicious. Fantastic views over to NYC too. Loads of small cafes to stop off at for coffee (& to people watch), some great independent shops and a really nice peaceful vibe. LOVED it. A wonderful place in which to spend a day wandering about.

1  Thank MrsRavi
Reviewed September 26, 2012

We were led to the Smorgasburg by a bike tour operator. We stopped for lunch, having no idea what the place was. We walked into a large open area with about 50 food vendors, cooking their food in thier tented areas. Wonderful smells from food from many nations wafted through the air. We had freshly made and cooked Thai springs rolls, then we had freshly cooked schnitzel burgers with a spicy wasabi sauce. I wanted to go for dessert (smores, cupcakes,icecream) but couldnt fit it in.
There is a spectacular choice of food from all over the world. Enterprising people of Brooklyn who are sharing their food passions with everyone. Just a lovely way to spend an hour or two. We grabbed the food and sat down on benches overlooking Manhattan.
It was one of the highights of our trip to New York.
If you are there on a Saturday, make the effort, you will not be disappointed,
(Hint: there is a website with the food vendors on it, if you would like to check it out before deciding whether to go)

2  Thank TracyLT