“Excellent BBQ, real authentic.”
Review of Fort Reno Provisions - CLOSED

Fort Reno Provisions
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed November 24, 2013

This small interior space is complemented by some nice outdoor seating in the warmer weather. We had the St. Louis ribs and they were sensational; charred almost black on the outside but hiding the luscious fat-infused pork meat on the inside. They should have been served hotter but it was still very good. We had the burnt ends beans and cole slaw sides, both very good as well. They've got some delicious artisinal beers on tap and they helped sate the thirst from the ribs. There's a big bottle of house sauce on the table and we used it liberally. Service was friendly and helpful.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

Great local BBQ place with nice outdoor seating. Be sure to try the Hot Mess and the Red Neck Taco. This place never disappoints.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

The place is really nice. Quite intimate with a laid back, rustic feel to it.
A small place, with mostly outdoor seating, and the rest indoors around their bar, which is the center of service. From orders, to drinks, to billing. The bartender did a great job at juggling all her responsibilities.
The food looks really good, served on a paper lined tray, really nice and informal. We went there just to get some beer while waiting for a table at a nearby place, and once we say the first tray of food go by, we decided to skip the other place, and eat here.
What I think I don't get is that the food isn't really great or new. I just couldn't seem to find something that I would say was new on the flavors or preparation, or even anything that would make me want to come back or recommend.
The BBQ Chicken was ok. The Brisket was ok. The Pulled Pork was good, but on the very greasy side and, again, no highlights there. Mac & Cheese, ok.The one thing that was very good was the Cole Slaw. It is not your regular shredded cole slaw, but more of a rustic cut purple cole slaw, with apple, and a really nice home-made sweet -but not too much- dressing. That I did enjoy.
I have been giving a lot of thought to this review, because the place has something I really like, that I can't put my finger on... but, at least today, it was definitely not the food. They have the looks and the feel, but they do need to rethink their recipes and combinations.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Every time I go here I forget to write a review and I am ashamed. Fort Reno catered a party for us last summer. Jacques arrived on the modified smoker bicycle with pounds of pulled pork in the drum on the front. We supplemented with cactus tacos from the sister restaurant across the street for the vegetarians among us and the adventurers mixed the two. The reviews from the crowd were outstanding. Try it, you'll like it.

Reviewed January 14, 2013

the place is not big, just 5 tables and 30 chairs. the menu is on the blackboard but if you want BBQ you will find all you need. food is really good, with excellent mix of flavors on each kind of meat. it's definitely worth the walk to get there.