“Great BBQ”

Cuisines: Barbecue
Brooklyn, New York
“Great BBQ”
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Great local BBQ place with nice outdoor seating. Be sure to try the Hot Mess and the Red Neck Taco. This place never disappoints.

• Visited September 2013

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Maybe I don't get it...”
Reviewed July 1, 2013

The place is really nice. Quite intimate with a laid back, rustic feel to it.
A small place, with mostly outdoor seating, and the rest indoors around their bar, which is the center of service. From orders, to drinks, to billing. The bartender did a great job at juggling all her responsibilities.
The food looks really good, served on a paper lined tray, really nice and informal. We went there just to get some beer while waiting for a table at a nearby place, and once we say the first tray of food go by, we decided to skip the other place, and eat here.
What I think I don't get is that the food isn't really great or new. I just couldn't seem to find something that I would say was new on the flavors or preparation, or even anything that would make me want to come back or recommend.
The BBQ Chicken was ok. The Brisket was ok. The Pulled Pork was good, but on the very greasy side and, again, no highlights there. Mac & Cheese, ok.The one thing that was very good was the Cole Slaw. It is not your regular shredded cole slaw, but more of a rustic cut purple cole slaw, with apple, and a really nice home-made sweet -but not too much- dressing. That I did enjoy.
I have been giving a lot of thought to this review, because the place has something I really like, that I can't put my finger on... but, at least today, it was definitely not the food. They have the looks and the feel, but they do need to rethink their recipes and combinations.

• Visited July 2013
New York
“Excellent food and great catering”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Every time I go here I forget to write a review and I am ashamed. Fort Reno catered a party for us last summer. Jacques arrived on the modified smoker bicycle with pounds of pulled pork in the drum on the front. We supplemented with cactus tacos from the sister restaurant across the street for the vegetarians among us and the adventurers mixed the two. The reviews from the crowd were outstanding. Try it, you'll like it.

• Visited March 2013
Borgomanero, Italy
“The BBQ @Brooklyn”
Reviewed January 14, 2013

the place is not big, just 5 tables and 30 chairs. the menu is on the blackboard but if you want BBQ you will find all you need. food is really good, with excellent mix of flavors on each kind of meat. it's definitely worth the walk to get there.

• Visited January 2013
Brooklyn NY
“Best BBQ this side of the East River”
Reviewed October 15, 2012

It's hard to find good BBQ in New York. So travel to Brooklyn for some of the best in New York! Pulled pork, brisket, bbq chicken, and even sliders all served on a paper covered tray with your choice of sides. Prices are fair for the amount of food you get, bar is good too for local and artesianal libations. So good, i go almost every week!

Visited August 2012