New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #15 of 68 Hotels in Brooklyn
New York City, New York
“So Swanky and So Loud”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

I have to say, the Wythe Hotel in Williamsburg is one of the swankiest hotels I have ever stayed in. The rooms are beautifully appointed and the Loft Suites are just downright spectacular. South 7 Loft, the room we were in, had the most breathtaking views of Manhattan I think I have ever seen.

The service was also pleasant, despite being asked everytime I walked into the hotel whether I needed to get in line for the rooftop bar, and attentive.

The two downsides to this property:
1) No room service! The restaurant is AWESOME and I just love it. But not even being able to grab takeout? A bit silly if you ask me. This is mostly made up for fairly quick restaurant delivery from local spots (Pies n Thighs - you saved me).

2) If you're facing the street, on a weekend night, you will hear until 4am, the thumping beat of the nearby clubs. It is obnoxious, constant, and quite frankly, insane to me. Ear plugs and a good dose of exhaustion finally did it for me at 3am.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Justine C

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

I was in NYC for one night in June for a friend's book launch party. The events were in Brooklyn and I had eaten at the restaurant on a prior trip, so I decided to check out the hotel. I could not have been happier. The rooms are exquisite- roomy, impeccably clean, basic but luxurious. The room décor was perfectly minimalistic. I especially loved the mini bar options- which supported local and organic vendors.

Room Tip: Since we were in town for just one night, we opted for the Brooklyn side queen room. We were on a lo...
1 Thank Make-Time-2-Travel
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

Nice cocktails, great people and a stunning view to Manhattan and Williamsburg. Even when crowded, mostly on Saturday nights, it is still pleasant to be on the roof. Laid back environment, as it should be; after all, this is the People's Republic of Brooklyn ;-)

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
San Luis Obispo, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

This hotel has a very attentive front door staff. They need it because on a summer night the bar on the roof is very busy. There was a line about 30 people long when we arrived on a Thursday night. Guests don't have to wait in the line, but they do have to maneuver around it to be let in. It would be a good idea if the hotel would consider using another door as a guest entrance.

The noise from the hotel upstairs bar isn't disruptive, it's the dance club next door - Output. Output is the home of electronic dance music (or “EDM”) renaissance in Williamsburg. At night we were lulled to sleep by the constant beat of the EDM next door. Ear plugs helped. We stayed here five nights and heard this each night. It's not real loud, but it is there.

The restaurant on property (Reynard) is very good, has a decent wine list with interesting wines and a friendly, knowledgeable staff. We had a delicious late night dinner here and breakfast one morning. Both experiences were good.

In spite of the EDM beat into the late hours and the crowd out front at night, we didn't have a bad time here, but it certainly could have been better. Especially for the price.

• 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank villachar
Halifax, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

We arrived here and I thought, oh no another cool hotel all flash and no substance, at this stage I should share that I am over 60 and managed luxury hotels as my career. So the good, the rooms are minimalist but good high quality linens, guest supplies, mini bar ( which wasn't outrageously priced) and the staff were without exception well trained and courteous and good at what they do.
The restauranr, Renard is also competent with cleverly crafted plates and great wine selection. There is what is apparently one of the coolest roof bars in town, we were there, I felt old. So to the point if your over 50 you may well be more comfortable elsewhere, but this is a well managed, extremely competent COOL hotel, if your under 40 this is the place to be, great bars, cafés ,nightlife, if your over 40 you won't be sorry you stayed here

Room Tip: Upgrade to a king with manhattan views, higher floors are quieter, my kids rooms on 3and4were A lot...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank OGO3782
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Wythe to celebrate his birthday weekend. Prior to our trip, I coordinated our stay with Mary and Erin, who were both phenomenal. Upon our arrival, Mario was pleasantly surprised to find a birthday card on the nightstand which was such a nice touch. Though the nightly rate was slightly pricey, interior design of the building was beautiful, and the in- room surround sound speakers were great so we could listen to music while getting ready. We couldn’t say more about the location; the hotel is right across from the Brooklyn Brewery, within walking distance to top- notch restaurants and shops, and taxi cabs were readily available for trips into the city.

Glendale, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

Loved this hotel! I had a manhattan view and it was probably one of the sexiest rooms I have ever stayed in. The views of NY are spectacular. The staff were helpful, the front desk staff really are excellent and went above and beyond. It's well located, only a few blocks from the subway. The bar is fun, great views of NY. I can't fault this hotel, I thoroughly enjoyed my stay