“Stunning stay at the Wythe!”
Review of Wythe Hotel

Wythe Hotel
Ranked #14 of 73 Hotels in Brooklyn
Reviewed October 20, 2012

I was looking for a hotel with the extra "wow factor" for the night of our engagement last Thursday, and we certainly found it at the Wythe Hotel! Our 7th story loft room was exquisite, jam packed with little details which I loved. The staff were delightful and shared in our big day as we were one of the Wythe family. Food and drink were excellent (as you'd expect from the owners). The rooftop bar being an obvious highlight with a unique view of the Manhattan skyline. We absolutely loved our stay at the Wythe and waking up to the view from our room is something I will never forget.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed October 12, 2012

We stayed in a Queen Bed room at the Wythe in early September. Room was perfect, plenty of space and with an amazing terrace. Pillows at the Wythe are incredible. Well located in Williamsburg. Only negative was the very stuck up girl on the desk at Reynard's, the restaurant. Staff otherwise friendly and helpful though. Would stay again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Katie H
Reviewed October 10, 2012

Everyone told me I was a Manhattan girl, that was until I discovered the WYTHE hotel in Brooklyn. I found a very stylish and flawless space that made me feel at home in what can be a very daunting city. The Wythe hotel is light, spacicous and only a $20 cab ride to midtown! Aside from what can be argued as the best views of NYC across the river, for me its all about the details at the Wythe. A minibar that is everything I would want including home made icecream, floor to ceiling windows (that open! GASP!!), the roof top bar for after work socialising, the divine REYNARDS to dine in downstairs, the old school in room telephone, the exposed wood beams, and my favorite space: a cinema in the basement of the hotel! Oh and did I mention how affordable this is? At this price I could live in NYC for two weeks a year and not even flinch! Lets discuss the feeling the hotel left me with. Every inch of the hotel has been thought about and you can sense this immediately. Its been built with love and designed with the hotel guest in mind. If you dont notice this from the moment you walk in then the Wythe is not for you, and it can be all the more for me. In a sentence: Everything good about NYC in Brooklyn. In a word: Mine (for two weeks every year).

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank notkansasanymore
Reviewed October 9, 2012

Williamsburg, Brooklyn, is a world reknowned hipster hotspot. We are not hipsters and nevertheless decided to experience the Wythe Hotel that opened earlier this year. We knew we were plunging into an encapsulated social realm but still were taken aback by the phenom. The Wythe Hotel appears to have become a hot spot within a hot spot. Pure hipster concentration.

What did we think of it? I unfortunately must conclude we weren't exalted. The warehouse building conversion is magnificent and worth the detour. The hotel is located adjacent to the Brooklyn Bowl and the Brooklyn Brewery, two thrilling and stalwart icons of the area. This is all candy for guests. But overall we didn't appreciate the inconvenience created by all the hype: lines of young adults waiting in the lobby to access the rooftop lounge through the hotel elevators, a wedding which monopolized hotel resources (our room was not cleaned by 5:00 PM) and the general rowdiness of the area at night. To our taste, the core element at the Wythe is also flawed: room design subordinated comfort and coziness to cool. Cool white. Cool cement floors. Cool but not our cup of tea.

Of course, our appreciation would have been different had we subscribed to the hotel's buzz factor and had we an enjoyable room.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 8, 2012

A wedding brought my husband and I to Brooklyn, the convenience of location led us to zero in on the Wythe.
The hotel is a quick walk to several shops, restaurants, and bars. Despite a majority of our time occupied by the wedding, we were able to experience the neighborhood around us. The building itself was beautifully decorated. We reserved a historic corner king and our room was comfortably spacious. The only complaints about the room are the flooring and noise. They seem to be made out of a concrete/granite material. On a chilly fall day a cold surprise to your feet. The hotel has radiant floor heating, which we turned on as soon as we entered the room, but the floors remained quite cool to the touch. Slippers would have been a nice touch to counteract the floors. At night the noise level was absurd. We were on the 4th floor and all the partying noise seeped in. Definitely worth it to ask for quieter room.
The restaurant downstairs has delicious fare and does not provide room service. We were surprised to discover you also CANNOT get take out from their restaurant to enjoy in your room. The front desk does provide menus for delivery.

Please note **parking needs to be reserved in advance.** This inormation is not listed anywhere on their website.

Overall pleasant staff, clean room, great location. I would return to explore the neighborhood, but would ask for a quieter room and pack a pair of slippers and some granola bars for late night snacking.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 29, 2012

At the end of my trip, I left several packages for FedEx to pick up. I made a mistake filling out the airbills, and the staff re-created them and saw my parcels off without my having to intervene. I very much appreciated their attentiveness, even though I had already checked out. I just love the location (near everywhere you'd want to go in W-burg) and the decor. I would be happy to stay here again and would choose this over many LES hotels when the Bedford train is just one more stop away. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: If you want a view, you will want a higher floor so you are not facing the adjacent building's a...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed September 25, 2012

Spent 2 nights in September. Manhattan view king room was sleek, trendy, reclaimed wood, slightly minimalist, made awesome by floor to ceiling window. Organic toiletries, specialist mini bar. Open shower was a bit splashy. A 7 min walk to subway but you won't need to use it as your surroundings are littered with hip bars, restaurants, and vintage clothing stores. Their own restaurant & rooftop bar are great but not the cheapest. Cool place for a young couple. Stored our bags on last day.

• Stayed: September 2012