“Too cool for NYC”

and 1 more site!
Wythe Hotel
Ranked #15 of 72 Hotels in Brooklyn
Reviewed June 20, 2012

Just kidding but wow what a great hotel. Stumbled on it as I was planning a spontaneous trip to Manhattan. Across the river from Manhattan in Williamsburg, Brooklyn. Great Hotel!!!! Kept so much of the industry feel of the old building but added perfect luxury. Even the hotel sign seems to be made of recycled metal signs. It just opened in May. WE got the south 8th Loft. I hesitate even telling anyone about this place for fear it will get harder to make a reservation but then again it is too good not to give a great review to. The loft is so big I couldn't believe it. 650 square feet. Plus a wood stairway in our room that led to a private rooftop deck that looked out on a huge portion of Manhattan. From the Williamsburg Bridge all the way past the Queensboro bridge. The whole city basically lay out before us to watch whenever we wanted. It was fun to watch the bikers and people in Brooklyn, the boater on the East River, helicopters flying over the river and then the skyline as a backdrop. The Empire State Building was straight across from us. Sunset was spectacular. I rarely stay very long in a hotel room but this one was too nice to leave. WE went and got coffee and hung out on the deck all morning talking with family. They have a speaker system all throughout the room and onto the deck so you just plug in your iPhone and music everywhere to enjoy. There was an amazing leather couch that was very large, beautiful lighting, great dining area and a beautiful bathroom with a wonderful tub for soaking and a glassed in shower. The best part was the floor to ceiling windows on two walls. As we fell asleep we could see the whole city lit up and we woke to sun and the city. Oh and did I mention the cement floors are heated to take the chill out. The only thing I saw missing were robes but heck, who cares with all the extras I felt we had. A towel was just fine. So I have already book another night in the loft next door for July. I can't wait!!!!!!!! I have probably stayed in over 40 hotels in Manhattan and Brooklyn and this is my favorite hands down!! It is also a quick trip to Manhattan on the L train and on street parking is pretty easy to find in Brooklyn(though we got a ticket because of street cleaning on Tuesday morning but 45.00 is still cheaper than valet) They also have a great restaurant. We never got to the bar. Staff is super helpful. Thank you for creating such a wonderful hotel!!!!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank picozoz

Reviewed June 16, 2012

At last, a hotel option in Williamsburg. Overall it's been exactly what we'd hoped.

The good: the staff is warm and friendly. Relaxed but efficient, no Williamsburg "attitude." Love the room and would love it even more if there was a place to put my clothes (tough to live out of a suitcase). Great, great job on the building conversion. It retains an industrial feel but feels coolly luxurious. And I want to buy some of that wallpaper, too.

Breakfast in the restaurant was perfect. Lattes as perfect as I've come to expect in this neighborhood. Wish they had Marlow & Son's butter/jam biscuit on the menu.

Could really use improvement: housekeeping. We're currently on night 4 of a 5 night stay. The first night, our daughter spilled a little orange juice on the fitted sheet. It is very obvious, but the sheets have not been changed. Big dust bunnies are starting to grow under the desk but do not get swept or vacuumed. The shampoo and conditioner (Goldie's) are awful-- had to hit Duane Reade my second day to buy replacement.

But these things are minor and can be fixed. I am thrilled to have the Wythe in Williamsburg. A big thank you to the staff here for making our stay wonderful.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank kamaainagirl
Reviewed June 9, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for three nights as we were in Brooklyn for a wedding.

The staff were all great. Really friendly and helpful.

Room was lovely - quite minimalist. Large TV with lots of channels, very comfortable bed, nice toiletries etc. There were a couple of teething problems with the room - I think on account of the hotel being so new, but they were dealt with quickly and we were given a discount off our bill as an apology which was not necessary but appreciated.

The rooftop bar was excellent, with super cocktails and a great view of Manhattan although a shame it didn't open until 7p.m.

Bar downstairs had excellent service and the food I had there for breakfast was very good.

We had an excellent stay and would definnitely recommend this hotel.

1  Thank michelehughes
Reviewed June 1, 2012

We stayed at the Wythe on a Saturday night. Amidst the busy-ness of the evening, the staff were incredibly relaxed, welcoming and accommodating. An historic King room with terrace must be hard to beat, especially when the morning sun beckons for a coffee and delicious butter croissant. A gorgeous room that seemed to blend the best of New York loft living and European rustic taste.
A more comfortable bed will be hard to find, although you won't want to retire too early whilst evening cocktails on the terrace seduce.
A great hotel. If you must stay the week in central Manhattan, this is a great place to come for the last night or two before heading home.

Room Tip: A Manhattan view is really worth getting.
2  Thank Kevmelb12
Reviewed June 1, 2012

My family and I recently had the chance to eat and sleep at the Wythe Hotel. The food, service and atmosphere was amazing. The hotel room was great. Thank you for such an amazing stay!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank NatashaMast
Reviewed May 31, 2012

Opening on May 1, 2012, the Wythe Hotel was a last-minute discovery for my wife and I as our daughter had rented out her spare bedroom due to a miscommunication about our arrival dates. But this turned out for the best, as the newly opened Wythe Hotel and staff provided a very good hotel room for us in an excellent location in Williamsburg area of Brooklyn. The hotel is only a few blocks from the Bedford exit on the "L" train (with excellent access into Manhattan) and nearby Bedford and Driggs streets have an excellent grocery story = Chin market and good places to eat). The hotel had a few minor things to correct, given its recent opening, but its 6th floor bar has an outstanding view of Manhattan and its first floor restaurant/bar provide an upscale on-site eating option. Given the recent positive publicity in the NY Times and the favorable reception by the area residents, I predict this hotel and bar will be a very popular place very quickly. This hotel also reflects the rapid pace of urban renewal on this edge of the Williamsburg area of Brooklyn.

Room Tip: If you want to pay for a sunset view of Manhattan, it's available. Otherwise, you look N/E/S ove...
Reviewed May 29, 2012

Probably only open a week or two. Minor shortcomings on staff training which I wrote off to being new. Major success on making an old factory into a very nice hotel. Queen room was very comfortable. The music system in the room is separate from the TV and excellent. Hit a NYC hot spell, the air conditioning was quiet and comfortable. The restaurant in house is not offering hotel food. Good meal, gracious service. There are a lot of dining options in Williamsburg, this hotel should be always considered one of them,

Room Tip: Queen room on Bklyn side was great. If you want the NYC skyline view pay the extra for river view.