“best dim sum in new york”

East Harbor Seafood Palace
Ranked #798 of 5,604 Restaurants in Brooklyn
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed May 27, 2012

Chinatown, step aside! This place has the freshest, tastiest dim sum new york has to offer! You can tell by the 2-hour wait on weekends and holidays. But if you get there before 10am, you get to sit down right away. We always overeat at this place. But it's so worth it because everything is just so fresh. The place looks clean compared to many other dim sum places, and the servers are actually quite friendly and attentive. Most importantly, it's cheap. Our favorites are: turnip cake, beef ribs, steamed roast pork buns, chicken feet, chow-zhou dumplings, shrimp dumplings and the stir-fried vegetables.

Reviewed May 10, 2012

Great dim sum place deep in Brooklyn. Make sure to be there at noon and dine with hundreds of locals at the same time. Food is pretty decent, not so cheap but definitely an amazing experience..! Totally worth the trip.

Reviewed April 23, 2012

Not sure this was worth the train ride to Brooklyn. Let me say though that the place was packed and even so, they had carts coming every minute or two. It was hard to keep up. Unfortunately only about half of it was hot. The chicken feet and stuffed jalapenos were the highlights. The three kinds of dumplings we had were only okay. Probably would have been much better if they weren't room temp.

Reviewed April 23, 2012

I'm the first one to be the pioneer and venture into places outside of my normal palate cravings. Dim sum is not one of my favorite foods, but I had a request from relatives visiting to find some great NYC authentic dim sum. This restaurant is rated "off the hook" by most of the reviews and I suppose if you are rating based on food, then it might be deserving. Driving up to the place it is easy to see that this place has gained incredible popularity based on the number of cars in line for parking and the crowd of waiting patrons flowing out of the door. We entered with our party and were overwhelmed with a packed crowd of people pushing past each other and the echo of a bustling crowd of diners in what seemed to be a gymnasium sized room. This is NOT the place to bring kids if you are looking for a venue for a family outing. Our son was being pushing and bumped and shoved as more and more patrons piled through the front doors to get their "number". We moved with our party into the hallway by the bathrooms to get out of the fray, but then it was hard to hear the man calling numbers (in Chinese) like a bingo caller in a packed school hall. We expected a wait based on the other reviews and after 45 minutes and whining from a hungry group I asked the man how much longer based on our number. He suggested another 45-60 minutes. We were only a party of 4. Waiting up to 2 hours to eat dim sum in a stressful packed environment didn't suit our fancy on this particular day, so we decided to leave and seek a calmer environment. I suppose if you are looking for an authentic Chinese dim sum place with a homeland China-like crowd of what does seem like a billion people when you are inside then this place is spot on. Arrive as soon as they open and you might have a shot at sitting quickly. Do not bring children as it is hard to keep a young one standing in a pushing crowd very happy for very long. I will come back to satisfy my curious nature, but I won't be coming with my child.

Reviewed April 9, 2012

We visited family at Staten Island and we got invited for dinner at the East Harbor Seafood Palace in Brooklyn, NY. We came a bit early so the place was not packed yet but after a few minutes, it was overflowing with customers. I had a good feeling that the food here would satisfy my palate and I was right.

We started with the seafood with mouth of fish soup. It reminded me of the birds' nest soup that's now so expensive and unaffordable. I had to ask for the name since I plan to go back and order it again in my next visit to New York. We also had their lobster which seemed to be in every table. We had chicken and duck and noodles and all were very good and very fresh ingredients. But it was the soup that will make me come back here. Just awesome...especially on a rainy day!

1  Thank Parisbreakfast