“Still talking about it”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed June 9, 2013

We had dinner On Friday night and the food was crazy so good. We had three appetizers and the short ribs and swordfish. The short ribs were tasty but the winners was the swordfish. Best I have ever had. The meals and the great attitude of the staff earns many more visits.

There are newer reviews for AlMar

Reviewed June 6, 2013

This cafe had a very cool vibe - low lighting, lots of wood and cement floors. The staff knew their stuff and were relaxed and lovely.

The best thing was the food! We loved the beetroot and goats cheese salad. The best goats cheese I have ever tasted (and thats a big call!) and three different kinds of beets - yum! Most of the produce is farmer fresh or organic. We also shared the calamari in tomato sauce - light and just spicy enough.

Also, we were able to get a real macchiato!

Reviewed May 28, 2013

When we first entered the place felt,,,,grungy. You know, low lighting, rugged floors. It was however humming and smelt good. We were quickly shown to a table, and the service was swift and friendly.
The wine list is very Italian so I had little idea of what to order. Prices were fair and the wine, adequate. The food however was amazing. I had braised rabbit. Simply brilliant. Marlene had the bass. It too was exceptional.
It was so good that we went back for breakfast. Obviously the staff had changed and so we found the breakfast just ok and felt that our waitress would rather do anything else. We will though go back for dinner.

Reviewed May 27, 2013

My daughter and I stopped here for dinner after strolling in the "hip" section of Brooklyn. The food was wonderful and unique. I had a vegetarian pesto pasta. It was very good and it wasn't overly flavored with the pesto sauce. The vegetables were fresh and tasty. My daughter ordered the meatloaf, which was the stuffed type. I tried some and it was one of the best meatloaves that I had in a long long time. The only issue that I had was that it didn't take credit cards, cash only. I would definitely go back again if I am in the area.

Reviewed May 27, 2013

We went here because the lonely planet was very enthusiastic about this place, and ended up having lunch and diner. It's a great place, with great food. Only thing is (but i think it's a culturally thing): they give you your check without asking if we wanted something else. Service is a bit to fast for us Europeans...

1  Thank Riana S