“Pho a Good Time . . .”

An Nhau
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Between N. 7th and N. 8th
Transit: Train: L Train to Bedford Ave.
Reviewed March 11, 2013

We were touristing through Williamsburg, stopped here for a light weekend lunch and were delighted. Both the pho itself and the pho sandwich were terrific; some of the best I've had anywhere. Pulled pork sandwich was also excellent, and the spring and summer rolls were very good. The garden area in back is charming and a nice getaway from urban Brooklyn. Based on lunch, we'd come back and enjoy a full dinner in a heartbeat.

There are newer reviews for An Nhau

Reviewed January 2, 2013

I brought a serious craving for some good Vietnamese noodles to An Nhau. Unfortunately, I left craving good Vietnamese noodles. There were no noodles, at all, on the very limited menu. I can't figure out this place. The decor is very attractive and the staff friendly, but what makes this a Vietnamese Restaurant? I ordered the Summer Roll appetizer and a bowl of Pho. I'm talking basic Vietnamese stuff...nothing exotic, no mysterious culinary secret here. Great Summer Rolls and Pho can be found in Vietnamese households anywhere. Not at An Nhau. Food was OK, I suppose, but not authentic and not what I was hoping for.

Reviewed December 3, 2012

This is an unpretentious place with lots of charming atmosphere and a helpful, considerate wait staff. In the right season, the garden area will make you forget that you are dining in Brooklyn and, instead, transport you to a tropical city. I have been here twice with a dear friend, and we always leave feeling satisfied and with pleasant memories. All that we have tried has been very good to excellent. Highly recommended for a late dinner. The Pho (chicken or beef) is great!

1  Thank RalphH42
Reviewed September 12, 2012

Popped in here for a few cocktails one saturday night. Welcomed in by one of the friendly family owners. Got a great seat at the front hear the window, very friendly and helpful. Terrific cocktails served by a very charming and smiley young woman.

Would recommend it for a nice relaxing drink.

Cool 80s music playing too!!!

Reviewed May 29, 2012

I'm not some great Vietnamese food expert, but I have been to Vietnam and eat Vietnamese food regularly in America. So I think I know what I'm talking about when I say that An Nhau didn't impress me as all that authentic. It's more like pan-Asian, with some Vietnamese influences. Or maybe they took Vietnamese food and made it more like Thai because they know Americans get Thai food. I asked about some of my favorite Vietnamese dishes, and they didn't seem to know what I was talking about. (I don't think any of the waitstaff were Vietnamese even.) The food was good, and the atmosphere is very nice (especially the garden out back), but don't go expecting authentic Vietnamese food.