“Good Mexican Food in a Symmetric Atmosphere”
Review of Nuevo Mexico

Nuevo Mexico
Ranked #2,211 of 5,486 Restaurants in Brooklyn
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed May 12, 2013

The interior of this place is very neat and symmetric, with small banners hanging down from the celing in rows and bells along the walls, each with a framed black and white photo beneath it. There are two deer heads on opposite sides of the room staring at each other. The seats against the walls are cushioned and comfortable.

For lunch, I ordered the “Enchiladas Regulare” (you get three) that come with refried beans and rice, all for $10.50. I chose to have the enchiladas with chicken and red sauce. (Mole is one dollar extra.) I was told that they don’t have any beer on tap, so I ordered a bottle of Corona Light ($5.25).

The portions were generous. The enchiladas were good in an average kind of way. I was not impressed by the refried beans.

Overall, I had a good lunch experience here but it was nothing to get exited about.

Reviewed October 13, 2012

We were staying in Brooklyn for a show at the Barclays Center and wanted to find some Mexican food within walking distance of our hotel. At first glance we weren't sure if the restaurant was open due to construction next door. Don't let that discourage you - they are open. There were a number of interesting specials as well as an extensive menu. I had the Nuevo Mexico Combo special, and my husband had the Pechuga Enchilada. Both were outstanding, as were the complimentary chips and salsa. They also provide a variety of condiments that you can spice up your meal with. They included fresh guacamole and a garlic, jalapeno and lime combination that were both delicious. Service was friendly and attentive, and happy hour runs from 12:00 to 8:00 with many drink specials.

1  Thank Lori C
Reviewed January 5, 2012

Went here with son & new guy friend. We ordered the small pitcher of margaritas (12 bucks)
and with their small margarita glasses the guys had 2 and I had 1. We 3 thought they were
delicious! Son loves tamales, very difficult to find in NJ, and he loves this place's tamales.
Friend got a carne asada steak as I recall with spices and he liked it alot. Myself, I had the
enchilada special with REAL Mexican string cheese, very delish and some to take home too. The chips were fresh and HOT, the pico de gallo was very good. A nice, clean place with
great food and low prices!

1  Thank jansjourneys
Reviewed May 20, 2010

Yummy family-style Mexican food. Have pechuga enchilada, mojado burrito, veggie taco, and their seafood specials.

1  Thank JasperHoliday