1,372 results
All reviews grand central station mr singh shuttle service vernon jackson new york loft suite full kitchen green point free car service mile radius long island city sofa bed the east river ferry times square laundry room across the bridge high ceilings
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I arrived last night for a week-long work trip. After checking into my room I was told the WiFi was down. 24 hours later, it’s still not working and they don’t know when it'll be back in service.
To add insult to injury, my room is looking out over a busy warehouse loading zone and there were trucks loading and unloading all night long.
I tried speaking to the front desk, but was told nothing could be done to help me. I asked to speak to the manager, but they can’t seem to find her and told me to try back in the morning! I’m shocked at their lack of customer service.
I’ll no doubt be cutting my trip short.
Avoid at all costs.

Trip type: Traveled on business
2  Thank Alex G
BoxHouseHotel, Manager at The Box House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Dear Alex,

I understand that not having internet service is very frustrating. We have gone to lengths to make sure all of our rooms have a strong signal and fast connection. Unfortunately we had a very rare outage during your stay. We are working with the provider to ensure this doesn’t happen again. Regarding your room, our staff would certainly have moved you to another room had one been available at that moment and since there was not one available at that moment the front desk agent asked you to come back in the morning so we could work through a solution for the rest of your stay. I am so sorry that you felt that we were in anyway not doing everything we possibly could to serve you as our guests needs and comfort our our top priority.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

They rent out their rooftop to weddings every weekend. So I returned to the hotel to hear a live band playing directly over my room. You could hear every word the singer was singing and a relentless beat since you can't really turn down a drum set. I talked to the staff and they said there was nothing they could do. Band ended at 12:30AM and then the breakdown / moving of furniture began! This lasted for 2+ hours with the roof of my room shaking at times and with noise until almost 3AM. I talked to the manager the next morning and he told me there was nothing he could do. All of this was ironic given that they force you to sign "guest conduct" rules that state you will be kicked out of the hotel with no refund if you get 2 noise complaints. The beautiful irony! So if you want to stay below a live band and a dancing crowd, this is your spot! Otherwise, avoid this dumpster fire.

2  Thank hjhjhjhjhjk

Dear Guest,

We at The Box House apologize that you were disturbed by the wedding event taking place during your stay. As you have noted we make sure all events end at 12:30am which we felt is a reasonable time to end on the weekend. We do apologize that you were disturbed after the end of the event by clean up crew and our working on new policies so this will not be the case in the future. We are also working on additional soundproofing to minimize any disturbance. The problem seems to only effect the 4th floor rooms so in the future these rooms will be assigned to guests of the event.
Again, we do apologize and hope we can make it up to you in the future.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Lovely room and hotel but the loud music and pounding drum from the band at the rooftop wedding reception totally disrupted our relaxation and we could not sleep. Complained to front desk but nothing happened. Really disappointed because the room was very expensive. Will not be back.

Room tip: Ask if there is an event planned on the rooftop before you book.
3  Thank Susan L

Dear Susan,

I am very sorry that you were disturbed by the wedding taking pace at our rooftop venue. All weddings end at 12:30am and only take place on weekends as we do not want to disturb our other guests who are not attending the event. We will continue to address ways to minimize any disturbance in the future. Please reach out to us directly as would love the opportunity to have you back and make it up to you.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

From the front desk service to the restaurant to our drivers that took us places, they were helpful and accommodating. Felix, our driver had recommendations and filled us so much useful information. I love this place and all it’s eclectic artwork and great service. Definitely worth a stop and stay here in Brooklyn.

Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Scenic649890
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Truly enjoyed my stay at Box House! The staff was always kind and courteous. I was in town to visit my daughter and the shuttle service took me right to her door & picked me up to bring me back. Shuttle drivers David & Felix were outstanding.

1  Thank karoll64