“Great Foot Great times”
Review of SOCO

SOCO
Reserve with OpenTable
SOCO is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #257 of 5,552 Restaurants in Brooklyn
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Ryerson & Grand
Description: Southern Fused Cuisine
Reviewed October 27, 2013

My wife and sister took me to Soco for a birthday dinner, we reserved in advance and had to wait about 15 Minutes when we arrived. The food was really good we ordered a bunch of appetizers to start with and I really really loved the white cheddar grits. We almost stuffed ourselves on the Mac and cheese prior to our meal arriving this is why we actually came and the Mac and cheese did not disappoint, very cheesy and hot with a unique taste and a nice crust. The entrees were also delicious I really enjoyed my pork chop and yams, the only negative I had all night was the lemonade was very very tart but this is a minor issue. The food was great and I had a great time and would recommend to anybody.

Reviewed October 21, 2013

Good food, great drinks, nice mix of people, awesome for people watching. Went with two friends and sat at the bar, great, friendly service. Place gets packed on fri nites so there may be a wait.

Reviewed October 13, 2013

Atmosphere, charm, and service win over this local eatery in the Clinton Hill section of Brooklyn. Located directly across the street from Pratt, this restaurant boasts impeccable design and a flair for modern finishings. Make reservations if going on weekends as this place is always packed! The menu is a fusion of southern comfort food and modern delicacies. I had the Seafood Jambalaya and it was amazing! My friends had the Blackened Salmon and loved it! None of us dared to try the Chicken with Red Velvet waffle, but many tables around us did and it looked amazing. Halfway through our meal, a man with a violin began to accompany the background music composed of R&B/neo-soul contemporary tunes, which added to the ambience. Still, it was still quiet enough to engage in conversation and enjoy our meal. Wasn't too thrilled with the mac'n cheese, but I did try their Strawberry Shortcake for dessert and it was nothing short of heaven! Cool place for friends or a date.

Reviewed October 5, 2013

I absolutely love this place!! The food is delicious. I had the Shrimp/Lobster and Grits and shared the Mac and Cheese, which is a must have if you visit. For drinks I had the Dirty South Side Car. Also, my waiter was very attentive! Thank you Sam!!!!!

Reviewed October 2, 2013

Lucklily, I made a reservation, and reservations were seated first in a long line of patrons waiting for the place to open. Very attentive staff! Started with sweet teas (the peach was amazing, the hibiscus...not so much!). Ordered the 'famous' fried chicken and red velvet waffle...and wasn't really impressed. It seems like the chicken was dipped in hot sauce before it was fried, which didn't work that well for me. The waffle was decent enough. Decided against a mimosa, which I'd heard so much about, and passed on dessert as well. Cute place, great location, but I think I expected more in the food.

Been to SOCO? Share your experiences!