“The Haden Triplets at The Bell House”
Review of The Bell House

The Bell House
Ranked #88 of 228 things to do in Brooklyn
Reviewed August 2, 2014

This is a very cool venue. I can see that it will become a trendy, go-to spot in Brooklyn. Very intimate venue to see a band. Unfortunately, the crowd at the bar was very loud and in my opinion, rude to the act on stage. Eventually, someone standing in the floor area (the viewing area) shouted for them to shut up, they did. So, it's not the venue that has my one complaint, it was the patrons. The main room has some great acoustics. The opening band, All Girl/All Boy was terrific!! As was the main act, The Haden Triplets. Both bands sound filled the room in a good way. Not overpowering but just perfectly. I know the venue has been open since 2008 and I see great things ahead. It's a cool, up and coming artsy area (Gowanus....it's a little stinky in some spots if you are walking....just a note!!). Very nice venue all in all!!

1  Thank Cindy S

Reviewed July 22, 2014

I've been to The Bell House four times since 2011, and I think it's a great venue for music acts. It's easy to get very close to the stage, and I find the sound quality to be very good.

My experience is that the bartenders there are both friendly and efficient, and the beer prices are fair.

It's also quite easy to get to The Bell House from Manhattan via the subway.

Reviewed June 12, 2014 via mobile

This was the first time my wife and I visited this venue. I can say that the place is not organized, especially with stating where the entrance is if u wish to wait online before a show.
All u see are roll down gates when u are in front.
When you finally get inside it is just a bar and then there are another set of doors that won't open until two hours later. It was great to see people just cut in front of you once they got into the bar after you where waiting outside for over two hours in order to get a good spot by the stage.
I will not return to this venue.
Only good thing was Dave Hause was great. I hope he goes back to the knitting factory on the other side of Brooklyn

2  Thank Mark S
Reviewed April 12, 2014

I went here in June of last year to see 60's Garage Rock band The Remains with the A-Bones opening for them. Good sound system and nice size stage and you can't beat paying $20 and being able to stand right by the stage, it's an experience you can't get at an arena or stadium no matter what you pay. Another thing I like about this particular place is there is plenty of street parking, it's in a secluded section of the city and you won't have to circle the block 10 times hoping to find a space. They have a bar to the left of the stadium which is actually pretty big in size. Overall a great place to see a music act !

Reviewed March 31, 2014

I went for a show. The room in the back was large and had it's own bathroom. The sound was good and the bar well stocked.