“Loved it”

Pedro's Spanish American Restaurant
Ranked #3,357 of 5,459 Restaurants in Brooklyn
Cuisines: Spanish
Reviewed December 27, 2013

Took a walk over from Manhattan and decided to stop for drinks and some food. It doesn't look promising from the outside but the inside has a great laid back, simple atmosphere. The margarita's were good, and the food was delicious. I had a Cuban, my son has a steak sandwich and we shared a quesadilla which came with an excellent spicy sauce.

There are newer reviews for Pedro's Spanish American Restaurant

Reviewed December 14, 2013

My friends had burritos for the first time and they loved them. Unfortunately in an increasingly healthy market they still have the old fashioned "not healthy" items. I´m mexican and I love tacos!!! But I don´t eat them fried or wheat tortillas, I only eat grilled nixtamal corn tortillas and obviously I don´t eat refried beans with meat, my rice is always boiled and even for mexican rice I use brown or wild rice. As a good tex-mex spot they don´t carry salads!! Here I just could order black beans with mexican rice and I am not sure but I think it was fried ( the rice), the server was not very happy to hear me changing options if something was fried or had wheat tortillas. Even though I always get sick with fried stuff I had to skip my fried food free diet for that day since it was -3C ( 27 F), I was starving, and the exercise was going to be exhausting beacause I was showing my friends the Brooklyn Bridge and walking to the Manhattan train station on the blue line, far away from the finish line of the bridge. This is a legend in the area!!! Pedro´s. I was there in 2001- 2004 when I was living in Brooklyn, Red Hook and I was not healthy at all ;) I was extremely young and had just arrived to NYC so I was in loved of burritos, and everything greasy ;) a big meal for the day!!! I remember I loved the ambiance at Pedro´s, specially at dinner time and afterhours!! The lights the people, the outdoor tables. Everything is there!! and haven´t changed a bit!!! I have to go back in night time or after hours to check it out!. Was the local spot for Brooklynites to reunite!!. I went there to remember my old hood and even though the food was not amazing for my healthy standards I was very glad to see this place still exist!!! In one of the most gentrified areas in Brooklyn, DUMBO, is a miracle they survived to all the extreme changes in the area! Congratulations for that! But please add few salads or healthy items! On the other hand, my friends are eastern europeans new to the city and we were a party of 5 so they added the gratuity!! I am a New Yorker, been there since 2000, have worked in the industry so I was going to leave 30 percent depending on the kindness of our sever!! He was not very kind actually so he would have been tipped only 20% anyways but sometimes doing racial/ tourist profile is not the best idea on tipping!!! I understand they must receive now lots of tourist that don´t tip at all. If you are a tourist and go with a group they would do this for your convenience!!! Remember if your server is nice in New York you can tip him/her 30% and they will love you forever. Specially in cheap food like this one, 30% is really nothing but means a lot to great servers, if he/she is outstanding don´t hesitate to give 40%. If your burrito is only 7 bucks and a soda 3 or 4 you can do the math. My friend forgot his purse, it was there when we went back. NIce crew, they were joking about it and my friend was very happy to find it!! All my friends had a blast I had only beans to eat but seeing this place one more time after 9 years still there was worth the travel back to Brooklyn Bridge and to the District Under the Manhattan Bridge Overpass!!!

Reviewed August 12, 2013

We had a dinner here after the whole day strolling in Manhattan. Finally we decided to see the night skyline and we visited Brooklyn Bridge Park and we found out Pedro.
We love mexican food and we found here a fantastic fajita and a quick and nice service. most of all, it has outdoor tables so we were not obligated to have dinner with a 0°C air conditioning...
The only issue is the metro train that passes on Manhattan Bridge that is very noisy, but you can easily live with it. Go there!

1  Thank Valerio G
Reviewed July 11, 2013 via mobile

Great food,great service,the coconut mojito that i take was wonderful!!!The atmosphere was perfect.It has tables outside but it's worth to sit inside.

Reviewed April 12, 2013 via mobile

They don't "do" a bowl or cup of chilli! But don't let that, or the external/internal appearance put you off. Enjoy the jars of potent Margerittas and a cold beer and whatever on the menu takes your fancy. Outstanding casual eats and drinks.