All reviewsbrewhouse restaurantdowntown brooklynnew yorkrooms are smallfront desk staffconstruction noisefulton streethigh floorbarclays centergreat showermini fridgeeasy access to manhattansubway linebagelslamarnycblock
Reviewed September 23, 2017

This hotel is in a great location for visiting NYC. The area was clean and safe, and is very close to metro stations. Staff was very friendly and accommodating. Our room was small but comfortable and surprisingly quiet. We would definitely stay again!

• Stayed: September 2017, traveled as a couple
Sue K, Manager at Hotel Indigo, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2017

Hello SES11,

Thank you for the kind review. The staff appreciate your sentiments, and send their appreciation. Hope to see you soon. Again, Thank you.

Reviewed September 6, 2017

I am a big fan of the new trendy compact hotels that are mushrooming in dense urban areas from chains like Accor and IHG. They provide a very acceptable and reasonably priced accommodations in pricey cities. However, the iHG chain with its Holiday Inn and Indigo are taking things to an extreme. I recently stayed at the Holiday Inn Financial Center in Manhattan and now here. The bathrooms are compact but very functional, except for the toilet bowls. They are kid size. It is impossible to sit on them either in the squatting position or the Western position without spilling stuff around or running a serious risk of catching UTI. I am tall but not an overly big person but even an average sized person would find it difficult to sit comfortably. Not many guests would even complain about thiss or include it in the review. I have.
There is a lot of construction going on all around including next to the hotel. This is all part of the gentrification of downtown Brooklyn. There are new hotels galore and almost every chain is now represented in this compact area. It is a good alternative to pricey Manhattan yet very accessible to all parts of NYC with numerous subway lines all around.
Further, as a reflection of the typical American arrogance of doing things just their way, there are no multi prong outlets in the room to accommodate international sockets and plugs, not even USB outlets. This is 2017! Wake up America. And don't tell me that the front desk may have international adapters. That is not the answer.

Stayed: August 2017
Sue K, Manager at Hotel Indigo, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2017

Hi ZenHealer7,

Thank you for staying with us. Thank you also for taking the time out to write this review. We value your comments and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed August 30, 2017

I stayed in the Hotel Indigo in August of 2017 on a business trip. I was only booked in for two nights as it was to be a short trip, but the Indigo was a very comfortable place to roost for the stay.

The hotel is located in downtown Brooklyn, within a block of two different subway stations. As appears to be the case in New York City, there was a good amount of construction around the location, so there were some construction detours on the sidewalk and some noise, but neither of those could be attributed to the hotel. Just what it's like in New York. There is a 24 hour deli a block from the hotel, and another one a block further. Several little shops and restaurants are within an easy walk, as is a shopping center with a Target, a Trader Joe's, and other shopping. The hotel is adjacent to a brewhouse/restaurant which provides the on site breakfast as well, but I did not sample its wares. A nice touch I appreciated was that the elevator will not go up to any floor without a room key. It's probably a universal aspect of NY hotels, but it was nice to know that only a guest could access the guest floors.

The lobby is nicely decorated and feels somehow "New Yorky," which may be subjective but I think you'll agree if you stay here. Staff were friendly and professional and very helpful, including explaining where to find a subway stop and even how to navigate the train system! One nice touch I appreciated was that

I had a room on the 10th floor, which the floors are fairly compact (it being a tall rather than a sprawling building), with six or eight rooms per floor. The room was, as other reviews have noted, not as large as some hotels in the IHG brand. That said, it's a tall skinny building in New York. The space available is well used. The room was perfectly comfortable.

I was (by request) in a two bed room though single bed rooms are available on the property. A small desk overlooked a view of the aforementioned construction site, but the skyline is also visible. Windows are floor to ceiling with thick curtains for blocking out the light. A closet contains an iron/ironing board, as well as a programmable safe and a fridge. No microwave appeared to be available, but for my short stay I didn't look into whether one could be had.

The bathroom is well appointed with a roomy stand up shower (no tub). Water pressure was great and temperature went from cold to hotter than I needed almost instantly.

The beds are comfortable though the pillows fall prey to a common issue in hotels: they are huge and puffy but are mostly air. I needed three stacked up to defeat them collapsing to flat. Sheets seemed new and were crisp and clean. I did not encounter any of the cleanliness issues reported in other reviews, so if there was a problem it had been corrected in my room at the very least.

The wall mounted TV had Spectrum cable service and was in good repair. It didn't get a lot of use, though!

Hotel Indigo is part of the IHG chain, a brand under that umbrella I had never stayed in before. This property is well maintained and run by a good group of people. I enjoyed every interaction with staff that I had, and had no problems. I would stay here again anytime, and hope I get the chance to soon!

Room Tip: The higher floors will have better views. Be sure to ask if any complimentary upgrades are available!
  • Stayed: August 2017, traveled on business
Reviewed August 25, 2017 via mobile

My husband and I came to Brooklyn for the weekend to attend the Iron Maiden concert at Barclay's Centre. This hotel was about a 15 min walk from it, so we booked it. This is the fourth time I have visited NYC, so I know not to expect huge rooms and scenic views (unless you like city scape with lots of skyscrapers).
Anyways, we don't have anything to complain about. This hotel is right in the centre of everything. Lots of shopping around, as Fulton Mall is around the corner, subway is a 30 second walk, lots of restaurants in the area. The area is always busy with pedestrians, so I never felt unsafe at any time.
The hotel staff were nice, gave great service at anytime. They offered us champagne on our arrival, but we declined. They did have free bottles of water at the front desk, which was nice because NYC was under a heatwave that weekend. There is a roof-top lounge that we never took advantage of. Room was a bit cramped, but that's expected in NYC. The bedding was comfortable, air con worked well, shower was nice, toiletries were decent. We were in the 16th floor, and our view was of the roof of the hotel next door.
Also, attached to the hotel is a restaurant, which I did have breakfast at, and it was good.
The only somewhat inconvenient thing was there was only 1 ice machine, and it was on the 8th floor (not that big of a deal though).
All in all, I'd recommend this hotel for someone who likes to be in the heart of it all.

Stayed: July 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lisa D
Sue K, Manager at Hotel Indigo, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2017

Hello Lisa D,

Thank you letting us be your host on your recent visit to Brooklyn. We are glad to hear that you had nothing to complain about, and felt safe on property as well as the surrounding neighborhood. The entire staff send their appreciation as well to you and your family.
Thank you for pointing out the ice machine issue. We are currently installing another ice machine on the 15th, and looking to install more.

Again, thank you for letting us be your host while in Brooklyn.

Reviewed August 18, 2017

I stayed one night at the Hotel Indigo. It was my first time at this IHG brand. The hotel is easy to find, and is only 2 blocks from the nearest subway station, making it pretty convenient. It's not quite in the tourist areas, but there's plenty of good food nearby, and I was able to get around without any difficulty.

The rooms are somewhat trendy, though starting to show just a little bit of wear. There is construction next door, as there is in much of Brooklyn, but it wasn't a problem outside of the daytime hours. My room on one of the upper floors was quiet enough overnight. I found the hotel to be clean and comfortable.

The real positive of the hotel is the staff. All of my interactions with the front desk were positive, including calling with questions prior to my trip, and a very warm welcome from Lynn.

• Stayed: August 2017, traveled solo
1  Thank jd1234567
Sue K, Front Office Manager at Hotel Indigo, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay in Hotel Indigo Brooklyn! It was truly a pleasure being your host. We appreciate you letting us know about the little bit of wear in our rooms. Rest assured that we are working on getting this fixed. Lynn and the front desk said hello and we hope you return to our property soon!

Warmest regards,