Hotel Indigo
$359
Marriott Hotels
  • Restaurant
Sheraton Brooklyn New York Hotel(Brooklyn)(Great Value!)
$155
$149
NU Hotel(Brooklyn)(Great Value!)
$224
$136
$127
HIExpress.com
  • Breakfast included
Aloft New York Brooklyn(Brooklyn)(Great Value!)
$202
$169
  • Pool
Best Western Plus Brooklyn Bay Hotel(Brooklyn)(Great Value!)
$207
$201
BestWestern.com
$232
$195
  • Pool
Hotel Le Jolie(Brooklyn)(Great Value!)
$145
$138
Priceline
Hotel BPM Brooklyn(Brooklyn)(Great Value!)
$157
$144
Agoda.com
The Condor Hotel(Brooklyn)(Great Value!)
$179
$168
Priceline
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsbrewhouse restaurantdowntown brooklynnew yorkrooms are smallfront desk staffhotel roomdouble roomhigh floorstreet noisebarclays centersubway stopcar servicebagelslamarnycblocktrain
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 18, 2013

The Hotel Indigo chain is pretty reliable for budget-conscious travelers. This new location in downtown Brooklyn earns five stars for location, service, appointments, value, and decor. The only drawback was the size of the room, which barely accommodated the bed. There was no place to conveniently put our suitcases, and no place to conveniently work on a laptop. (Wireless, however, was fast and free--something rare in the world of NYC hotels.)

If you don't know your partner well at the beginning of your stay, you will by the end. This can be a good thing, or then again ...

Room Tip: It's worth it to find out if some rooms are bigger than others.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 6, 2013

I only stayed for a night but this was an excellent find. We had a fantastic deal which made it a real bargain. We were then upgraded to a great suite on the 18th floor. Great bed, view, bathroom and space. Perfect for visiting friends in Brooklyn.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 6, 2013

Went to NYC for a weekend. Purpose of trip was a concert; pure leisure. As budgeted conscious travelers we decided to book the Indigo in Brooklyn and we would definitely come back. Very good access to Manhattan (there are two different subway lines that go directly to Manhattan). Clean and cool feel. Rooms and halls are narrow and small; not sure if I would stay there with my 2 kids. A bit sketchy at night, however, during the day you can walk the entire neighborhood. We enjoyed the restaurant-bar, good food. I recommend it as a value property.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 30, 2013

Hotel located in downtown brooklyn, don't be put off the "roughness" of the surrounding area.

Fast check in, room was on the top floor, great views of Brooklyn (although not much to see).

No on site restaurant but there is a sports bar connected to the hotel, food was really good but a little pricey.

Top tip would be to walk down the dumbo area as this is full of nice boutiques and restaurants. Ten minute walk from hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2013

Dear SimonRoss,

Thank you for staying with us and providing us with your valuable feedback. Your satisfaction is important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding experience at our hotel. My apologies we were not able to exceed your expectations. We have taken note and wish to thank you for all your valuable comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually.

Karen C
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed October 28, 2013

I stayed 6 nights at this hotel in "downtown" brooklyn. It was less than a block from the Fulton Mall. The hotel is atypical of a NYC Hotel, VERY small rooms. However, the room was clean, comfortable and quiet. Check in was great. On the 2nd floor was a great casual bar, fitness room and a "business" center. The best place, however, was the roof top. No great view of Manhattan, but it was just a lovely a place. The neighborhoods around this hotel were excellent. NYU was a block away with several good restaurants. My fav. was Au Bon Pain. About 2 blocks away was the Shake Shack. Never understood the hype, but gave it a go. The real treat is Montague street. So typical Brooklyn with great brownstones and really nice people. By accident I found the end of the street to offer an outstanding view of Manhattan. Well worth the short walk. A great place to shop was Key Foods. I got all my water, milk and juices for my tiny room in one place. Another great plus, many subways stops to JFK and Manhattan. I travelled from the airport to the hotel to midtown manhattan in under an hour. Couldn't ask for a better location.

My only complain had to do with the housekeeping. Four days I went with the same glass and coffee cup. Didn't have a problem washing them out in the bathroom sink, but expected better.

I would stay at this hotel again any day.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo