$247
Priceline
$206
Cancelon
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsbrewhouse restaurantdowntown brooklynnew yorkrooms are smallfront desk staffconstruction noisehigh floorbarclays centergreat showermini fridgeeasy access to manhattansubway linebagelslamarnycblocktrain
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Our family of four needed a hotel with reasonable rates and queen size beds (husband and two sons over 6' 3") in Brooklyn for a weekend visit with relatives there. After much searching, Hotel Indigo was our choice. It's fairly near subway stops and has some decent restaurant choices nearby. Our room was on the backside of the hotel and was very quiet. More importantly it has a business center on the second floor so we could print some needed documents as well as free wi-fi (compared to the costly wi-fi charges in DC a few days before). We also ate at the Brooklyn Brewhouse connected to the hotel and found it reasonable as well as tasty. After our stay on double beds in DC the two days before, the beds at the Hotel Indigo seemed luxurious. We had to find alternate lodging due to the big water main break along the National Harbor area that sent many scrambling at the last minute to find vacant rooms. I highly recommend this hotel for any searching for nice accommodations in Brooklyn that won't break the bank.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank madmom53
888JasonD, Social Media Intern at Hotel Indigo, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2013

Dear valued guest,

Thank you for writing us such positive feedback. We are more than glad to serve you and we appreciate that you enjoyed your stay with us. Our location is perfect for enjoying the area of the city.

We look forward to serving you again in the near future.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

Stayed for 3 night on a work trip so my room doubled as my office for part of each day, and had a room on 11th Floor.

Great service in reception, smooth check-in, ordered cars for me (don't expect a yellow cab in Brooklyn, but prices are comparable) and check-out at 4am, including making sure I had a car waiting ready for the airport run.

Ideal if you're exploring Brooklyn, as I was, however there are stations within 5 to 15 minute walks in either direction. Jay St Metro Tech is a big one just around the corner with lines into Manhattan.

Rooms are compact but have everything you need with a decent size bathroom, walk-in shower, Aveda cosmetics and comfy bed/pillows. A fridge would have been useful to store bottled water. Aircon and free wifi was ideal, and there is a bar/restaurant off of reception which was open from breakfast onwards and was reasonably priced for decent 'pub' food. Two hotels opposite in case you fancy a change, I had breakfast in the Sheraton and it was much of a much-ness. There is also a Starbucks directly opposite although it's the only one in the world I've known to close at 4pm!

As other reviewers have said there is some construction going on right outside. It wasn't too disruptive, more so was the garbage van clattering around at 3am. That said I'm staying here again when I return later in the year for work, so would recommend for either business in Brooklyn or a leisure trip (bearing in mind you'll need to put in some time on the subway if you're sightseeing!).

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Dear valued guest,

Thank you for your time to share us your experience staying in Hotel Indigo Brooklyn. We are glad that you love our hotel and we appreciate that you enjoyed your accommodations.

We look forward to serving you again in the future.

Reviewed July 12, 2013

This hotel is good for the area and price but both nights I was at the hotel the fire alarm went off between 1 am and 2 am. The first night I literally jumped out of my bed! I couldn't go back to sleep for hours. Not good when you have to work! The second night same thing but I didn't jump because I new what the sound was.

Location Great, very close to my work.
Smaller rooms then the other two hotels on block but cheaper.
Good bar and grill next door . Everyone had a Irish accent.
Good beds.

Room Tip: get a high room lots of construction around! don't plan on sleeping much!
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
888JasonD, General Manager at Hotel Indigo, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2013

Greetings,

Please allow me to introduce myself as the General Manager of the Hotel Indigo. I personally was here during those three nights referenced.

I am truly sorry for the distraction posed by our false alarm. With our guest in mind, please feel free to contact me direct.

Jason D'Agostino- General Manager

Reviewed July 12, 2013

The hotel is new (or still new), but everything is small..even the street in front of the hotel "Duffield". We stayed there 3 nights in a two - queen bed room. Although the room is small, it's manageable. We still could move around. The mattress is still firm and pillows are soft, so we had a good sleep there. Their inroom coffee is nice and drinkable as well compare to other chain hotels. During our stay, housekeeping came in the fill amenities and change towels everyday, but they'd never vacuumed the floor or cleaned the shower area.

Complementary inroom wifi is included in the room rate.

In term of location, it's quite convenient. Subway station (station name "Hoyt") is just around the corner. We took train 2 (red line) to Manhattan everyday. Duane Reade (Walgreens) is 4 blocks down the street.

Parking - on street in front of the hotel during 7pm and 9pm is free except some nights when there is street cleaning. Or US$30 a day at Vic's, a parking lot behind the hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank I_am_Fira

Dear valued guest,

Thank you for taking the time from your busy schedules to share your travels with others. At Hotel Indigo Brooklyn, we take much pride in our brand, service, location, and taking care of people.

Jason D'Agostino- General Manager

Reviewed July 10, 2013

Saturday night stay in perhaps the smallest hotel room I have ever experienced (other than at Club Quarters, that is!). Neighborhood is clearly "in transition" and is definitely dirty and gritty enough to make some visitors uncomfortable. Our room was on the 16th floor facing the street, and the street was quite noisy until around 4AM because of crowds waiting to get in to the dance club across the street. On the positive side the staff members were friendly and helpful, the property was clean and well maintained, and the location (close to several subway stops) made getting around easy.

Room Tip: Ask for a large room at the back of the hotel.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Danversite
888JasonD, Social Media Intern at Hotel Indigo, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2013

Dear valued guest,

Thank you for your time to write us a review. We apologize for any disturbance during your stay and we appreciate you staying with us.

We look forward to serving you again.