“An enjoyable stay”
Review of Hotel Indigo

Hotel Indigo
Ranked #27 of 72 Hotels in Brooklyn
Reviewed June 13, 2013

I stayed for four nights in Indigo Hotel, on 292 Duffield st. I checked on March 30th,2013. I was given a choice of low or high level room so, i chose the 17th floor for a good view of the city. My room was ready and Sue not only took care of me but carried my heavy luggage to the room. The room was small but had everything I needed and more. The space was used efficiently to include a safe (a huge one that can accommodate even your laptop),an iron along with ironing board, fridge (and not those mini ones). I loved the spa inspired bathroom with the glass door shower,the Aveda beauty products, the full length mirror. The towels were not only clean but very white and new. Bathroom also had a hair drier and a make up mirror. The bed was extra comfortable with crisp clean sheets and a cozy comforter. The room had plenty of lighting and reading lights on both sides of the bed. The huge flat screen TV makes you want to devour the free pizza (yes they have packages that include free daily pizza with the choice of your drinks) watch TV instead of going to the movies. The room was also quite, no noise at all. It was beautifully decorated with a modern touch. The iPod dock,radio alarm is one other great thing. In addition to the great modern (not old and rusty) coffee maker. Hotel also offers luggage storage. The business lounge has large screen computers where you can print for free. There is also a microwave and a huge kitchen. The hotel restaurant and bar offers a wide selection of appetizers, salads and entrees. Upon check out, The general manager treated me to lunch at the Brewhouse (how generous is that!!). Allen took great care of me at the Brewhouse restaurant, he was so kind and friendly. I loved his music selection which made me feel right in NY....with Frank Sinatra and Tony Bennett. I wish I knew all of the staff names, they were so friendly and helpful. They gave me restaurant recommendations, subway and bus directions. They even walked with me outside the Hotel to point out the streets to me. Overall, I had a great experience and an enjoyable stay. One last thing about this great hotel is that it is a participant in Green Engage program which lowers carbon footprint. Which make you feel at ease and not guilty.
Also, special thanks to the cleaning staff, and James.
And special thanks to Sue, Yelitza,, Keith, Allen. and James for carrying all of my heavy luggage .....everybody else...sorry I don't remember all the names.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
888JasonD, Social Media Intern at Hotel Indigo, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2013

Dear valued guest,

Thank you for taking your time to share such positive feedback. We have shared your words with

our staff and we really appreciate that you enjoyed your accommodations.

We look forward to serving you in the near future.

There are newer reviews for Hotel Indigo

Reviewed June 11, 2013

After staying in a horrible chain hotel in the middle of nowhere, finding Hotel Indigo was like an Oasis of style and charm.

I was traveling alone, so the teeny room wasn't a problem. The bed was really comfortable and there was a big high def screen TV...so all was good.

The design is so great and the front desk clerks were great.

I opted to park the next block over and the car guys were great too. I think you could do valet, but it wasn't presented to me as an option.

The best part was the restaurant/bar on the first floor...a real beer lovers dream...great servers and delicious food.

I did have a hard time finding it because my GPS was being a little sketchy, but I guess it's in downtown Brooklyn, for what that is worth.

Room Tip: Ask if there are different sized rooms, mine was tiny, but I loved it.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Dear valued guest,

Thank you for your time to write us a review. Although our room space may be small for you, we

appreciate you staying with us.

We look forward to serving you again in the future.

Reviewed June 9, 2013

Really enjoyed our stay here - got a great rate and Crystal at the front took great care of us. Gave us a run down of the local area, found a charger for my iphone when I lost mine, and made a big effort to make us feel really comfortable.

We took the pizza and room package - the pizza wasn't some horrible domino's crap - it was thin and gourmet - and with the total rate this made it really good.

Yes the room is small but it's nicely decorated at the bed is super comfortable.

Room Tip: There was a bit of construction work going on outside whcih was my only comment.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Dear valued guest,

Thank you for taking time to write us a review. We apologize for the construction noise made

during your stay. However, we appreciate that you enjoyed your stay with us.

We look forward to serving you again.

Reviewed June 8, 2013 via mobile

So
This is my second time here
I am paying the AHEM senior rate of 105.00 per night getting my points credit.
I like the simple clean concept of indigo.
My room yes is small But no smaller than a euro room however it has All the USA comforts compacted into a thought out space
I'm in room 1707. I like the tap your key in the elevator security.
I like the clean wood composite floors
It has a safe, a fridge, a I phone dock , wall mounted flat screen tv a SMALl but adequate desk- so pretty in red, a clean white walled environment this touches if red and their famous themed mural on the ceiling.
The bed is a platform bed with drawers beneath
There's an iron & small board in the petit closet with a best pocket door - nice touch! The lighting is ample
There's a keurig coffee maker and
Aveda shampoo conditioner and moisture
Free Internet
Alas now the down sides:
No shower gel
OnlyONE bar of soap =
No body wash amenity YUCK!!!!
Funny there's a great wire soap dish in the shower
But NO soap!!
NO shower cap
No sewing kit or stuff like that
So my friends
Bring you OWN
Also bring slippers and a robe
The area at night warrants a sharp toothed dog so unless you are trained in self defense prepare for a taxi

STILL
For 105.00
This is glorious
For a peaceful get away
For someone who likes clean value close to manhattan
As with most things in life
There are ups and downs
For the value and cleanliness and comfy bed
This is thumbs UP
Management
Please correct whats missing!
Thanks :)

• Stayed: June 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo, responded to this reviewResponded June 29, 2013

Dear thegetawaygurl,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our property. We aim to provide the best possible service and experience and it is always great to know from our guests on how we are doing. I am sorry that this visit was less than satisfactory due to the lack of amenities in your room. Rest assured that this will be given attention. We will use your comments to improve on our efforts.

We are hoping that you give us the pleasure of hosting your next stay in the area.

Kind Regards,

Pam G

Reviewed June 4, 2013

I know a lot of people complain on how small the room is ...and yes, its small. But everything you need is right at your fingertips. The room was beautiful and extremely clean. The staff was very friendly. Downstairs adjacent to the hotel is a bar that stays open til 4am. On one corner you of the street you have tons of stores to go shopping at and on the other corner of the street you have a grocery store that I believe stays open very very late. Just a few blocks of the hotel you have train stations that after a few stops you will find yourself in the city. If you would like to walk, then I suggest walking over to the Dumbo area and take in the beautiful sight of the bridges and most definitely walk over the Brooklyn Bridge. This hotel is in a perfect location. I will definitely stay there again and again everytime I go to NY.

• Stayed: May 2013

Dear valued guest,

We truly appreciate you sharing your experience here at the Hotel Indigo Brooklyn. Our location

is perfect for enjoying the area of Brooklyn.

We look forward to serving you again soon.

Reviewed June 3, 2013

We stayed for one night at the Hotel Indigo to visit a friend celebrating his birthday in Brooklyn. This also happened to the night of a Nets game, so perhaps the hotel inventory was tight. That said, we paid $300+ for a room that barely fit the bed.

Having lived in New York for a long time, I've come to expect this kind of room. It was expensive for what it was though.

The positives - very friendly hotel staff, a comfy bed, nice TVs, clean, convenient.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2013

Dear walkaboutnyc,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review regarding your recent stay with us. We're so glad you liked the friendliness of our staff and the cleanliness of your room. We apologize you were not satisfied with the rates during your stay. Prices vary depending on the dates and are competitive withing the area. We take all comments into consideration and welcome any opportunity to improve. If there is anything you need next time you stay with us, please do not hesitate to let us know. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to serve you again should your travels bring you back to Brooklyn, NY.

Anthony M

Reviewed May 30, 2013

Newly renovated Hotel Indigo on Duffield Street feels bright and clean. Reception area and rooms are small (we stayed in room with king-sized bed). Service was pleasant but inconsistent at both the front desk and housekeeping. No room service. Next door restaurant, Brooklyn Brewhouse, is not yet connected to hotel- so don't expect to charge food to room. Front desk very accommodating in holding luggage and calling taxis. Be aware that cabbies don't like Brooklyn, so may be challenging to find ride back. Shopping is in walking distance, as is Brooklyn Bridge, as isJuniors Famous cheesecake and nearby Fort Greene area.

• Stayed: May 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo, responded to this reviewResponded June 22, 2013

Dear FamilySherpa61,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. Please allow us to apologize for the service you received that was less than satisfactory and any inconvenience you may have experienced during your stay. We also apologize for the room accommodations you had which did not live up to your expectations. We appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Anthony M