“Great location for exploring Brooklyn and Manhattan”
Review of Hotel Indigo

Hotel Indigo
Ranked #26 of 72 Hotels in Brooklyn
Boston
“Great location for exploring Brooklyn and Manhattan”
Reviewed April 21, 2013

This hotel is situated in downtown Brooklyn, which is experiencing a lot of development (there is a new Sheraton and a new Aloft hotel across the street from the Indigo). From the hotel, you are within walking distance to Brooklyn Heights, Carroll Gardens, and Fort Greene, all of which have a lot to offer, and within a short subway ride to Manhattan (or you can walk across the Brooklyn Bridge) or other parts of Brooklyn, such as Park Slope, the Brooklyn Botanical Gardens, Prospect Park and the Brooklyn Museum. The hotel has a small lobby and is very simple in its design, but a lot of thought went into the furnishings and finishes, and everything looks and feels new. The room was very thoughtfully laid out, and had a lot of light. The staff is very friendly and helpful. It was under $200 a night, which was very reasonable for such a nice hotel in NYC.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
888JasonD, General Manager at Hotel Indigo, responded to this review, April 28, 2013
Dear valued guest,

Thank you for choosing Hotel Indigo Brooklyn. Our location is perfect for enjoying all that Brooklyn has to offer, and just minutes away from Manhattan.

Feel free to contact me directly for future accommodations.

Yours in hospitality,

Jason D’Agostino- General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (136)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Arlington, Virginia
Reviewed April 19, 2013

Opened in August 2012. Small rooms, but well appointed. Room was clean and quiet. Queen bed was comfortable. Friendly, helpful staff. Emerging neighborhood, but safe walking at night. Easy walk to good restaurants on on Smith Street. Easy walk Borough Hall MTA stop for access to Manhattan or other parts of Long Island.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Frank T
888JasonD, General Manager at Hotel Indigo, responded to this review, April 21, 2013
Dear valued guest,

I appreciate the time you have taken to share your experience at Hotel Indigo Brooklyn. I will share your feedback with our team, as they will be delighted to hear this from you.

Please feel free to contact me direct for future accommodations.

Huntsville, Alabama
Reviewed April 18, 2013

Stayed in the two bedroom and loved every minute of it! Staff was outstanding and very helpful. Close to a subway stop and even closer to Junior's Cheesecake. I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again in the future.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear valued guest,

We at the Hotel Indigo appreciate your feedback. Our convenient location offers spectacular views which you have noted.

Feel free to contact me direct for future reservations.

Reviewed April 13, 2013

Hotel was easy to find and within walking distance of my meeting near Barclay's Center. I had some trouble getting the rate I requested at booking, because the front desk staff at checkin and checkout were not authorized to change the reservation and there was no manager on duty. When I finally got in touch with a manager she was extremely attentive and handled the situation impeccably. I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed March 2013
888JasonD, General Manager at Hotel Indigo, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Dear valued guest,

Thank you for taking time from your busy schedule to share your great experiences here at the Hotel Indigo Brooklyn.

Feel free to contact us directly for future reservations.

Alpharetta, Georgia
Reviewed April 9, 2013 via mobile

I was thoroughly impressed with the staff from check in until check out. They were very professional and nothing like the ore negative reviews stated. The rooms were quite tiny compared to other hotels I've stayed in, in the past; however the cleanliness and chic-ness of Asian styled rooms impressed me and my daughter alot!! The shower was fabulous and the only complaint I had was I could not comfortably stand at the sink and brush my teeth, I had to stand sideways, but I was still able too. I like the fact that there is a restaurant and bar onsite so you can have breakfast, lunch and dinner if you choose not to eat out. The food is SCRUMPTIOUS and so are the libations!! You should stay here as it is a wonderful experience and the construction was not as horrible as reviewers stated (and I am a very light sleeper!)

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear valued guest,

Our team and I truly appreciate you sharing your experiences here at the Hotel Indigo Brooklyn.
Feel free to contact us directly for future reservations.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Great location for meetings at Brooklyn Tabernacle. Loved the decor, friendly helpful staff. Room was miniature but had everything we needed. Not a 5 because the maid "missed" our room and we had to ask for clean linens.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Dear valued guest,

As the new General Manager of the Hotel Indigo Brooklyn, I want to thank you for staying with us.

I have reviewed your comment regarding Housekeeping and will look into this personally.

Please contact me direct for any other questions or future reservations.

West Sand Lake, New York
Reviewed April 5, 2013

Neighborhood: This Hotel Indigo is in a busy, bussling, eclectic location. There is lots of stores for shopping, including a Macy's just a block away. There are many places to eat, including chain restaurants, small specialty food shops and a Brooklyn favorite, Juniors-which is known for their delicious cheesecakes is two blocks away. There is some construction going on but just ask staff to put you on the other side of the building where you can't hear it, I'm sure they would be more than happy to honor your request. This hotel is also walking distance from the Brooklyn Bridge. You can walk over the bridge to the Manhattan side if you wanted exercise or just to see the great views. The hotel is also close to most main subway stations. The closest is the 3 and 2 train, which can have you in Manhattan in just two stops.

Staff and Hotel Common Areas: When I arrived at the hotel the Guest Services Manager, Ms. Christol Keane was standing at the front desk greeting guest at they arrived. She was very nice and recognized my Platinum membership immediately, which I thought was awesome! The young lady that checked me in was also very nice as well, I was upgraded and put in one of the King suites on the 19th floor. Before I talk about the room, I must state that the check-in area was very chic and well designed. The color scheme was very nice, with a couple of big chairs for folks that were waiting. They even had Sparkling Cider and glasses for guests to help themselves-a very nice touch! They also have a bar called the Brewhouse, they are open til 4 am on weekends and 2 am during the week. I went there and the bartender and other staff was great, including the food.

Room: I absolutely loved my room! The color scheme was black/ white/grey and red-very romantic. I had a king bed (everything was plush and comfy) and the room could be sectioned off from the living room. The couch had a pullout bed, which my father used and thought was comfortable. The bathroom was very large and impeccably clean. There was even a small kitchen and desk area for doing work. There was two televisions, one in the bedroom and another in the living room. Down the hall from my room was the terrace, there was tables and chairs and if the weather were better I would have definitely taken advantage of it. It would be a perfect place for having a drink and gazing at the amazing skyline.

From my review I think you can I loved this hotel. It's very close to Manhattan and easy to get to, so people from out of town won't feel like staying there is out of the way to all the major tourist locations. last but not least a small detail that I thought was nice, right next door to the hotel was the Planet Fitness Gym, it is open very late and the bright lights totally illuminate the street, so when returning from a late night out you don't feel like you are walking down a creepy dark street.

Room Tip: The higher the better. Try to request a room on the opposite side of Duffield Street, where there is...