“Excellent”
Review of Hotel Indigo

Hotel Indigo
Ranked #28 of 73 Hotels in Brooklyn
Reviewed March 28, 2013

Rooms were so modern and chic. Super Clean. Very friendly staff and valet parking man very helpful with direction. Beds and pillow very comfortable. Heard no noise in room. Free wifi. great location, shops right outside door. Shower pressure great. If ever in area again would love to stay. My 14 yr old daughter thought it was very cool. The rooms were not small. Just perfect. Great place to eat cafe meca on jay st. great home cooked food , big portions and great price.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank MLZS

Reviewed March 25, 2013

It was the first time I'd placed my accommodations in my son's hands and he made a very good decision in choosing Hotel Indigo, which is conveniently located near subways and strawberry cheesecake at Junior's. As a former Brooklynite, I enjoyed seeing the sunrise from my 17th floor room and even the view of traffic along Flatbush Ave. The staff were prompt, helpful and friendly, including the maintenance guy on one of my elevator rides who greeted me warmly. There was also quick resolution of the loose shower door handle reported on my way to lunch and resolved before my late evening return from Queens. The room was small, however, that was not as important as my feeling safe, in a clean bed and quiet room and a short walk from the subway, all of which this hotel provided. My two recommendations: the inclusion of a menu for the onsite restaurant and the correct locations of the ice machine listed under guest services in the room's information directory...contrary to what was noted, there's none on the 17th floor.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank Dee J
Reviewed March 18, 2013

The Hotel is located near main subway lines with good access to all parts of Manhattan. The room has a modern decor with a good sized HDTV. The size of the room is small with narrow access to the bed on both sides, I managed to hit my foot on the bed-frame on several occasions. No space for breakfast. Excellent WiFi access in the entire building. Bathroom has a reasonable size and I enjoyed the shower every morning. Staff were friendly and helpful at all times.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Olithal
Reviewed March 18, 2013

We had to go to Brooklyn for a wedding and were concerned about our lodging especially in view of some of the reviews that have appeared for this hotel. The hotel is in the european manner, the rooms are on the small side but very sufficient. Probably because we were on the 18th floor it was very quiet. The room was clean, the linens very comfortable and the decoration was very nice in excellent taste. Highly recomment.

Room Tip: Request room on higher floors for quiet.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank HarryR37
Reviewed March 15, 2013

My spouse and I stayed at the Indigo Brooklyn for one night in early March 2013. Our purpose in staying in Brooklyn was to dine at a nearby restaurant (Chef's Table at Brooklyn Fare). We reserved our room about 30 days in advance, and found that the cancellable rates for this hotel were on par with the non-cancellable rates at the two Starwood properties across the street (Sheraton and Aloft). (We had no intention of cancelling, except perhaps because of inclement weather that might prevent us from reaching the city.) In the week prior to our stay, the rates raised about $25 per night, so it was beneficial to us to book ahead.

This hotel does not have its own parking lot; however, both self-parking ($30) and valet parking ($39) are available from Vic's Parking, which is on the street parallel to Duffield (it may be called Albee Square). We had difficulty finding an open spot to temporarily park our car while we unloaded, even though there was a yellow line in front of the curb for the loading zone. It seemed much easier to valet park/unload at the Sheraton and Aloft across the street; those properties (being side-by-side) allot much more space for cars to pull in. No valet attendant is staffed on-site at the Indigo; the desk attendant calls someone to come over from the nearby parking lot, which is probably why the loading zone was filled when we tried to pull in.

There is a deli/market that sells drinks (alcoholic and non) and snacks at the corner of Duffield and Willoughby (away from the Fulton Street Mall), as well as a tiny market across Duffield Street that sells a few items. Planet Fitness is located right next door to the hotel, although the Indigo has its own small fitness center (about five machines). The Indigo will eventually have its own restaurant on the street level, with access from both the sidewalk and inside near the lobby. The restaurant (a brew pub) looks ready to open, but was not yet operating when we stayed there.

There is a small terrace off the fitness center, and another terrace on the 19th floor of the hotel. The 19th floor terrace is minimally landscaped and has two small tables, each with four chairs surrounding it (made of that all-weather wicker material), and smoking and drinking are permitted. (A sign states that the terrace is not open between the hours of 9:00 pm and 7:00 am.) Rooms on the third floor have their own balcony, and one 2-bedroom suite on the 18th floor has a large skylight (which you can see from the 19th floor terrace). The second floor (besides housing the fitness center) has a small lounge with a computer for guest use, as well as a bar for guests. A meeting room and treatment room (for a massage, we assume) are also on the second floor. Had we realized that there was a small bar, we might have had a drink there before going to dinner. In the lobby is a refrigerator holding cold drinks and a few meals such as sandwiches and salads - a refreshing change from the usual packaged frozen dinners that most hotels sell in their pantries. (There is a large microwave on the bar in the second-floor lounge for guest use.)

We had room 401; according to the evacuation map on the back of our door (and we assume most floors followed the same layout), rooms ending in 01 and 08 are the largest on the floor. (It appears that the hotel has eight rooms per floor, except for the 19th floor, which only has two rooms.) Our room and bathroom were a great size, but again, according to the map on the door, most other rooms on the floor looked a lot smaller. We had a handicapped room, which sometimes has its own issues - modified shower head, roll-in shower, and so on. We had a mini-refrigerator and safe in our room, as well as a Keurig coffee maker. Disappointingly, despite the size of our room, there was no lounge chair and ottoman; the only place to sit to watch TV other than on the bed was on the modern-looking (and not-so-comfortable) desk chair. We realize that most rooms on most floors do not have the space to permit a lounge chair, but our room was surprisingly spacious and would have benefitted from it. The ceilings are covered with a wallpaper mural of a chandelier, which is a cheeky touch. Ceilings are high, and floors are covered with a Pergo-like wood flooring; bathrooms were tiled with slate-looking floors. Decent toiletries were provided (shampoo, conditioner, lotion), and there were plenty of fluffy towels, toilet paper, and tissues on hand in case you ran out. We had some trouble with both water pressure and water temperature, particularly in the bathroom sink.

We enjoyed our stay at the Indigo, and should we find ourselves in Brooklyn again, we would consider staying here, although we might instead try the Sheraton or the Aloft across the street.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank fluffnfold
Reviewed March 11, 2013

Clean, modern rooms. I thought the size was fine for NYC. On my way out to get some dinner, I asked the gentleman at the front desk for a recommendation, and he directed me to a local restaurant. As I was walking to the restaurant, a man came running behind me yelling, "Sir! Sir". I finally turned around to see the front desk clerk running towards me. As he approached, he apologized for giving me the wrong directions and noted that the street I wanted to turn on was actually one street before the one he had told me! I was really blown away that he actually RAN to come find me and correct the error! I wish I could remember the gentleman's name to give him proper recognition - I rarely write reviews, but his attitude and commitment to service (combined with the fact that I thought the hotel was in general a great place to stay) necessitated a great review. Stay was on March 6, 2013.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
4  Thank Joseph Y
Reviewed March 9, 2013

I checked into the hotel on Friday March 1 I was coming in town to attend a fashion show. After a long exhuasting trip almost being mugged on the subway I was greeted at the front desk by the nice front desk Reps and the manager Matt( Who was awesome). They had my resv down as one bed but they were able to upgrade me to two beds. I am a ihg Employee so I was very impressed with their service I had been to other IHG hotels but this one has been the BEST!. The location was awesome, accomdations were awesome, the service was awesome as well. the room was very cute made me feel like I was at home alittle. Only thing is I wish there was a medicine machine inside the hotel I woke up with my head hurting and had to drive to the store. I will be retruin to this hotel hands down I came back to harrisburg and told everyone about my wonderful stay and they are defintely lookin into staying at your hotel!! until next time

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank jasmine s
Karl B, Regional Director of Operations at Hotel Indigo, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2013

Dear jasmine s,

Thank you so much for the chance to service you at our wonderful property, the Hotel Indigo Brooklyn. I really appreciate your positive comments. It’s great to hear that our Manager, Matt, was able to change your reservation and accommodate your needs.

It is always great to hear that you were able to enjoy the fantastic sites of NYC as well as the property’s amenities. If your travels bring you back to Brooklyn, we welcome the chance to provide an exceptional stay again.

Best,