“Great Stay, Extraordinary Staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Hotel Indigo

Hotel Indigo
Ranked #23 of 72 Hotels in Brooklyn
Portsmouth, New Hampshire
“Great Stay, Extraordinary Staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2013

Clean, modern rooms. I thought the size was fine for NYC. On my way out to get some dinner, I asked the gentleman at the front desk for a recommendation, and he directed me to a local restaurant. As I was walking to the restaurant, a man came running behind me yelling, "Sir! Sir". I finally turned around to see the front desk clerk running towards me. As he approached, he apologized for giving me the wrong directions and noted that the street I wanted to turn on was actually one street before the one he had told me! I was really blown away that he actually RAN to come find me and correct the error! I wish I could remember the gentleman's name to give him proper recognition - I rarely write reviews, but his attitude and commitment to service (combined with the fact that I thought the hotel was in general a great place to stay) necessitated a great review. Stay was on March 6, 2013.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
4 Thank Joseph Y

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (133)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2013

I checked into the hotel on Friday March 1 I was coming in town to attend a fashion show. After a long exhuasting trip almost being mugged on the subway I was greeted at the front desk by the nice front desk Reps and the manager Matt( Who was awesome). They had my resv down as one bed but they were able to upgrade me to two beds. I am a ihg Employee so I was very impressed with their service I had been to other IHG hotels but this one has been the BEST!. The location was awesome, accomdations were awesome, the service was awesome as well. the room was very cute made me feel like I was at home alittle. Only thing is I wish there was a medicine machine inside the hotel I woke up with my head hurting and had to drive to the store. I will be retruin to this hotel hands down I came back to harrisburg and told everyone about my wonderful stay and they are defintely lookin into staying at your hotel!! until next time

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank jasmine s
Karl B, Regional Director of Operations at Hotel Indigo, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Dear jasmine s,

Thank you so much for the chance to service you at our wonderful property, the Hotel Indigo Brooklyn. I really appreciate your positive comments. It’s great to hear that our Manager, Matt, was able to change your reservation and accommodate your needs.

It is always great to hear that you were able to enjoy the fantastic sites of NYC as well as the property’s amenities. If your travels bring you back to Brooklyn, we welcome the chance to provide an exceptional stay again.

Best,
Ljubljana, Slovenia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2013

GENERAL:
This hotel was a pleasant surprise on our trip – good location, not too pricey and very clean. If (when) we return to NY, we will also be returning to this hotel.

LOCATION:
Right next to the subway station, next to the Fulton Mall – if you are OK with staying out of Manhattan, but want to get there regularly with the subway, this hotel has an excellent location.

The immediate surrounding of the hotel does look a bit beaten up, but it didn’t present any problem regarding safety. Currently there is a lot of construction going on around, but it didn’t really interfere with our stay.

ROOM:
Rooms are, as it is the habit in the NY, small. A bed, a bathroom, a closet, and… That is it. If you came to visit NY, this is enough, but if you came to reside in the room – it will not be enough. Bottom line: For spending the nights the room is big enough.

But be sure to try to get the room on a high floor. You get great view and bigger distance from the morning commotion on the street in front of the hotel.

BREAKFAST:
Hotel doesn’t offer breakfast on the premise, which is a setback. However, you can get a breakfast in hotel across the street, but we used the nice breakfast places in vicinity, which turned out to be a better experience.

SPECIAL WARNING for travelers from different time zones:
When we arrived to the hotel, we were unpleasantly surprised, when the front desk manager told us, that they have given the room away to somebody else and that they are fully booked. Hotel’s policy is to check the credit cards of the arriving guests in the morning. And as I was on the different continent at that time using it (you know, travel), the credit card was refused. Front desk tried the credit card just once, gave room to somebody else and left us to hang dry. Regardless of the fact that I called 2 times in advance to confirm our stay. Stuff tried really hard and got us a room in a hotel across the street for the night, but the magic was gone (and the comfort).

As management is reading these posts it could, instead of answering with the PR statements, revise their credit card checking policy. It is not fun to start your visit after 9 hours of flight with the message that you don’t have a room…

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
6 Thank gg_293
Dear gg_293,

First I would like to thank you for taking the time to complete a review on your most recent trip to the Hotel Indigo in Brooklyn. We're gald you took the time to write a review. You pointed out a great fact that our hotel is located very centrally and right down the street from the subway station with three stops into Manhattan.

I would like to let you know that our restaurant is opening very soon and will be able to accommodate all for Breakfast, Lunch and DInner. I do apologize for it not being open during your visit. We are a new hotel and just now getting the restaurant open.

We hope that for your next trip back to Brooklyn or NYC, you'll be a guest of ours again.

Edison
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2013

I had the opportunity to stay at this property about a month ago and I was extremely pleased with what I experienced. I must say that the staff was great and very accommodating. Upon check-in I was greeted with a warm and friendly smile which goes along way in the hospitality business. My room was very spacious and clean with a trendy decor and modern look like being at a Manhattan boutique property. I recommend this Gem in Brooklyn to everyone. I can't wait to go back to the Hotel Indigo in Brooklyn.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank JerseyBoyAC
Karl B, Regional Director of Operations at Hotel Indigo, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Dear JerseyBoyAC,

I wanted to reach out to you and thank you for such a nice review of our Hotel Indigo here in Brooklyn. It's always great to read positive comments such as yours and I will be sharing these with the staff as well.

I hope while you were here you were able to experience the neighborhood and all that Brooklyn has to offer. It's become such an amazing place now to visit. Thank you for staying with us JerseyBoyAC, we really do appreciate your business and hope you'll return to our hotel soon.

Madison, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2013

This was the best hotel stay experience I ever had...I am from NJ and enjoy coming to the city to visit friends and family. Upon arriving here at the hotel, I was greeted by the staff team..everything was perfect...not a flaw at all. It was the best choice I ever made. The front desk agent was friendly and had great customer service. She help me with parking and recommended some good restaurants to me. I truly had a pleasant stay from the minute I walked in to the time I left. They made me like a family here.
Will definitely come back without a heartbeat....I just made another reservation for April.
Don't listen to those bad reviews. Its not true.

Room Tip: If you want a little more space, book the corner Kings.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Ryana L
Dear RyanaL,

What a great review and thank you so much for all your positive comments. When I receive tripadvisor coments, I always share the good, the bad and the ugly with the staff as we learn from our mistakes. From your review, it truely sounds like you enjoyed your stay and the agent checking you in was able to assist you to your satisfaction. I will be sharing your comments with the staff as I know thye will get a great kick out of such an amazing review.

Thank you so much for your business too. I hope that when it comes time for you to take another break and visit your friends here, you'll make our Hotel Indigo your choice of a place to stay.

New York City, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2013

they charge me 3 time for the room and when i ask for help - 4 days later- the hotel 'manager' chistina was rude, disrespectful and a total #*$&$.

i'm a repeat visitor to the hotel, and i was shocked to see how rude and disrespectful the manager behave after i request to help resolve the billing issue.

this was a very nice hotel 2 months ago, and now they are dropping their pants to get customer...price is down to $75 per night from $200

the problem is not with the hotel, it is with the STAFF! the manager is very RUDE, and i only hope the really get rid of this 'manager' and provide more friendly service

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Natasha S
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
Dear Natasha S,

First of all, thank you very much for your recent stay at our hotel. I am so sorry to see you did not enjoy your overall experience with us. We’d like to obtain some additional detail regarding your experience so we have sent you a private message. I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Duluth, Minnesota
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

The room small, staff rude for the most part, and when I found out I to move in twenty-four hour notice they wanted to charge me for two more days because I did not give them 48 hour notice. DO NOT STAY.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank haboo2
Karl B, Regional Director of Operations at Hotel Indigo, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Dear haboo2,

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to write a review on your recent stay with us here at the Hotel Indigo Brooklyn. I wanted to reach out and apologize for the issues you mentioned about your stay. I'm not clear on the circumstances and what prompted your move. We do have a cancellation policy in place and stated when a room is booked. If there was an emergency I'm hoping you brought this to the attention of the Manager on duty.

Again, I truly apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced, If your travels do take you back to this area we hope you would consider giving our hotel another try.