“Innovative and Trendy”

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Brooklyn, New York
“Innovative and Trendy”
Reviewed July 13, 2013

The food was a wonderful fusion of cuisines. The fois gras donut appetizer was amazing, with a good combination of salty and sweet. The "pork and beans" was one of the best pork meals I have had - especially with the kimchi. The mahi mahi dinner, was however a miss. Definitely trendy and innovative cuisine. FYI- no longer cash only. Take all cards except AMEX

• Visited July 2013

London
“A lot of hype, but it's okay”
Reviewed July 1, 2013

I am from east London where we have a similar cultural movement to Brooklyn, so I'd heard a lot about Do or Dine before I got to NYC. When I arrived the staff were friendly and it was very relaxed. I ordered the fois gras donut, the lamb and the frogs' legs. The food was okay, but nothing out of this world. The place is interesting, and it's nice to see exciting food on the menu, but it's all just a bit too cool for school for me. From the surly staff to the pre-designed graffiti on the toilet walls. Maybe better if you're in a big group.

Visited May 2013
2 Thank Sophie_RT
“Wow!!”
Reviewed June 5, 2013

On a friend's recommendation we headed to Do or Dine. My husband was a little apprehensive about the menu but all fears were allayed once he had his first mouthful!! Do or Dine offers the most interesting food combos ever and the dishes are as tasty as they are creative. The foie gras doughnuts are a must as the duck and pork larger plates. Staff are super helpful and there's a great vibe in the restaurant. It's also incredible value and has a beautiful wine selection. I can't recommend enough!

• Visited June 2013
Brooklyn, New York
“Do or Dine Bed Sty - Rocks the hood !”
Reviewed April 29, 2013

Do ! oH yeah.. they certainly did!
what a funk alicious place! The store front is a "front" this is not Indian food.
just look above the door for the name and go right in!
The menu is crazy!
Frogs legs in spicy sweet sauce, Foie Gras donut ... really!
Really good. A salad with oyster dressing and little butter milk biscuits. Duck breast pastrami !
.. smoked with wood that Justin got at Home Depot out back ! oh yes more please! A grilled squid that was spicy and tender. This is the kind of place you know you have been looking for !
Wacky meet Happy!

• Visited April 2013
San Francisco, California
“Wacky yumminess!”
Reviewed March 19, 2013

I was visiting my daughter in BedSty and was looking forward to trying out Do or Dine. It did not disappoint! We shared the FawnTons (venison-filled fried wontons), the Frogs Legs in spicy Dr. Pepper sauce, a salad with oyster dressing and scallops on crispy kale. Everything was delicious! My daughter, a recovering vegetarian, even liked the frog's legs! I'm kicking myself for not getting the foie gras donuts that I've since read so much about. I'm sure they would be excellent. The scene is hipster, yet welcoming. There's a cool disco ball and hip-hop music adding to the ambiance. The service was very good, efficient and friendly. On top of all that, we were able to immediately get a table a little after 7PM on a Friday! The final piece de resistance was the bill, very reasonably priced, I'd even say it's a bargain! If you're in Brooklyn, or even if you're in Manhattan, it's worth a trip over to Bedford Ave to have a tasty, fun dinner!

• Visited March 2013