“A memorable experience”

scottadito osteria toscana
Reserve with OpenTable
scottadito osteria toscana is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #591 of 5,552 Restaurants in Brooklyn
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 6th & 7th Avenue
Transit: Trains - B,Q,R,F,G,2,3
Description: Neighborhood Is Park Slope
Reviewed March 17, 2013

My wife and I have eaten many times at Scottoditto in Brooklyn and it is a most unusual Italian restaurant. Unlike the Sicilian and Neapolitan cuisine we are used to Scottoditto features a mid-Italy cuisine in a Tuscan farmhouse setting. They many organic dishes in place of the good old pasta and meatballs. Their mushroom pappardelle is superb and I have enjoyed rabbit and lambs head dishes which we true Italians know as cappozelle. Their chef Rafaele is from Italy and has been featured on TV. I am a life long New York Italian of 74 years but have retired and friends of my wife feted us at Scottoditto last Sunday to an incredible farewll dinner. Not just vendor fare but Sausages from Espositos and Lard Bread from Carusos on Court Street. Broccoli Rabe, mushroom pappadelle, reserve wines from Puglia and pastries from Monteleone also on Court Street. The real deal for we Italian-Americans and a evening not to be forgotten.

Reviewed February 15, 2013 via mobile

We started by making an 8:45 reservation and we weren't seated until 9:10. They were polite and apologized but not that crowded and clearly didn't have a table ready for us. Strike One.
Then the waiter was rather slow and not very efficient, we had to ask for the bread basket after being seated for 20 minutes and once we finally placed our order it took awhile to get our food. Strike2 long wait. Then there was tremendous confusion with the bill and took another 15 minutes to situate. Strike 3.
It's really quite unfortunate because the food was good, but we won't be back.
Everyone is allowed to make mistakes but this service was poor.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

The menu was not extensive and did not offer much in the way of traditional new york italian dishes. They had mostly creative dishes that was not ethically italian. The food was okay. Not at all what I was looking forward to so I'm disappointed. Also, some of the items we ordered they were out of very early on in the evening and we had to correct our waitress/waiter a couple of times regarding our order but I must say they did try and were very attentive albeit absent minded. The restaurant itself is nice but our table was wobbly (sp?) but we didn't bother pointing it out. We travelled a good 40 minutes to try this place and we won't go back. Note: very pricey.

Reviewed October 22, 2012

I pick this place after looking at the menu and seeing that all the options looked so good. We started with the house wine and pizzetta. This is large enough for three people easily. It was tasty and the sauce was nice but I did prefer the foccicia in the basket on the table. That was soft warm and a bit savory. My husband went with the special, turkey lasagna. It was a good choice with it's ground turkey, tiny bits of carrots and layers of thin noodles in a delicate sauce. The portion was very generous and would have been best shared. I had the salmone scottadito which was also very good. Presentation alone was worth it. We shared apple crostata for dessert with espresso and a cappuccino. All was worth the calories.

Reviewed October 14, 2012

My daughter recently move to Brooklyn to a neighborhood on the other side of Park Slope. I came to visit armed with several restaurant recommendations and this was one of them. It was a hot night - gin and tonic weather - but unfortunately, like a lot of Italian restaurants, their license only allows beer and wine. Our waiter suggested Sangria and although it is not my favorite libation, they did a good job of making it. We actually never made it to the wine - just stayed with the Sangria. The food was great, not the best Italian I have had but well prepared and enough interesting combinations to make things interesting. I had the gnocchi for my main course and this is usually a test - Scottaditto passed with flying colors. Not too gummy and a good balance with the sauce. We never made it to the meat dishes, just stayed with the delicious pastas and salad (i especially enjoyed the kale, beet and goat cheese) but seeing those main courses going by to other tables, I would not hesitate to return and savor.