“Wednesday is 1/2 price wine night”

scottadito osteria toscana
Reserve with OpenTable
scottadito osteria toscana is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #480 of 5,383 Restaurants in Brooklyn
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 6th & 7th Avenue
Transit: Trains - B,Q,R,F,G,2,3
Description: neighborhood is park slope
Goshen, Connecticut
“Wednesday is 1/2 price wine night”
Reviewed October 22, 2012

I pick this place after looking at the menu and seeing that all the options looked so good. We started with the house wine and pizzetta. This is large enough for three people easily. It was tasty and the sauce was nice but I did prefer the foccicia in the basket on the table. That was soft warm and a bit savory. My husband went with the special, turkey lasagna. It was a good choice with it's ground turkey, tiny bits of carrots and layers of thin noodles in a delicate sauce. The portion was very generous and would have been best shared. I had the salmone scottadito which was also very good. Presentation alone was worth it. We shared apple crostata for dessert with espresso and a cappuccino. All was worth the calories.

• Visited October 2012

Miami Beach, Florida
“A fine Tuscan in Park Slope”
Reviewed October 14, 2012

My daughter recently move to Brooklyn to a neighborhood on the other side of Park Slope. I came to visit armed with several restaurant recommendations and this was one of them. It was a hot night - gin and tonic weather - but unfortunately, like a lot of Italian restaurants, their license only allows beer and wine. Our waiter suggested Sangria and although it is not my favorite libation, they did a good job of making it. We actually never made it to the wine - just stayed with the Sangria. The food was great, not the best Italian I have had but well prepared and enough interesting combinations to make things interesting. I had the gnocchi for my main course and this is usually a test - Scottaditto passed with flying colors. Not too gummy and a good balance with the sauce. We never made it to the meat dishes, just stayed with the delicious pastas and salad (i especially enjoyed the kale, beet and goat cheese) but seeing those main courses going by to other tables, I would not hesitate to return and savor.

• Visited October 2012
Clarks Summit, Pennsylvania
“OK Experience Overall”
Reviewed October 10, 2012

The food was good, but I expected a more NY italian dining experience. I suppose the restaurant is trying to be different and offer a more modern approach to traditional cooking, but the experience was good overall.

The bar was difficult as it is in the middle of the restaurant and does not offer with comfort, the oppertunity to have a pre-dinner/post-dinner cocktail.

Overall good experience though.

Visited September 2012
Sydney, Australia
“What a find!”
Reviewed August 27, 2012 via mobile

We chose this restaurant based on Tripadvisor reviews. The olive starter using imported Italian olives was so delicious (and not too salty) and home made pasta dishes we chose were exceptional - one with prosciutto (?) arugula and truffle oil, and the other, the special with crab meat. For our 5 weeks in New York City this is the only restaurant we plan to go back to. We have booked again for this Saturday. Our waiter was really friendly and helpful.

Miami Beach, Florida
“Delizioso”
Reviewed May 28, 2012

Great little cosy authentic italian restaurant. The owner Rafael who is in love with food, personaaly made some special dishes for us. Definitely try the eggplant, awesome. Great little place to go with friends, family or romantically. Reasonable price. And don't forget his tiramisu!! Ancora delizioso!!!

• Visited May 2012