“Do a Brooklyn tour with Reva Cooper (she's the best).”

The Heart of New York Culture
Ranked #20 of 66 Tours in Brooklyn
More attraction details
Owner description: Discover the magnificent and richly historic Brownstone Brooklyn (or Greenwich Village or midtown Manhattan). I'm a New York City licensed tour guide (I'm on the Dept. of Consumer Affairs list with a star) who conducts private tours of NYC culture and history, and the current scene. My tours also incorporate my 30+ years of experience promoting the arts in New York: Broadway, music, dance, films and visual arts, with many "insider" stories.
Reviewed November 6, 2013

Wanting to explore another borough apart from Manhattan, we booked a tour with a Brooklyn native last Oct 11, 2013. Reva Cooper did not disappoint. She took us deep into the heartland of Brooklyn, on foot well beyond 2 hours! We thoroughly explored the very picturesque brown belt district, among others. It rained, but this did not dampen her passion one bit. Regretfully, due to my 74 y/o mom's health issues, we could only muster enough strength past the Brooklyn Heights Esplanade. The Brooklyn outing far exceeded our expectations. Mom & I are more than pleased to have met Reva, who we now consider as our gold standard of what a tour guide should be. I knew I should've booked one other Manhattan tour with her.

1  Thank 36Tess

Reviewed April 21, 2013

I met Reva Cooper last Friday morning (4/12/13 in Brooklyn. Despite the rain, her enthusiasm never wavered as we made our rounds. Reva was a wealth of information. Not only did I learn a lot about the history of Brooklyn, numerous anecdotes were also told about famous people and places which made all I was experiencing even more fun. I wanted to learn more about Brooklyn and its various areas and I did. Reva was very knowledgeable: she explained architecture, people, places, events and put them all in a time line that was easy to understand. I came away from the tour, (it was just the two of us) feeling like I had made a new friend in Brooklyn and I will certainly consult her for another tour next time I am in the area or if I have any questions. It was a most pleasant experience; one I am anxious to repeat.

3  Thank Cynthia K
Reviewed April 10, 2013

This tour hosted by Fred and Jimmy was outstanding. We were met by our guides in Brooklyn at the Barclay Center and then boarded a van driven by a driver so Fred and Jimmy could narrate and point out all historic and interesting sites. I felt our guides were not only very knowledgeable but quite entertaining and humorous as well. It was a hop on and off to see the many neighborhoods and attractions of Brooklyn including Williamsburg, Red Hook, Brooklyn Heights, Greenwood Cemetery, the Carousel at the park under the bridge just to mention just a few of the highlights. Fred and Jimmy also recommended a couple of delicious restaurants in NYC that weren't pricey at all. I plan to take this tour again when I come into the city with my husband! Thank you Fred and Jimmy for a wonderful day.

1  Thank JoAnnL656
Reviewed December 29, 2012

My wife and I enjoyed a private tour of the Brooklyn brownstone neighborhoods lead by Reva a few days before Christmas. Not only did we see these beautiful homes as we walked through the neighborhoods, we were treated to a lively discussion of the history, culture, and people of this remarkable area. Reva was well informed and easily answered any questions we had. During the over 3 hours we were together, Reva provided a personalized tour that included meeting us at our hotel and then riding with us on the subway into Brooklyn. I highly recommend this tour and look forward to taking the Greenwich Village Tour on our next visit to New York. We have taken many walking tours of New York and this one ranks at the top.

Reviewed November 8, 2012

History, architecture, culture and the grit and glamour of New York presented by a passionate native New Yorker. Reva was easy to work with and flexible. With a sly sense of humor and a great love for the big city, we had a very pleasant tour.