“The perfect visit!” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersSilver level
New York City, New York
“The perfect visit!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2014

My boyfriend and I went for our anniversary in April. It was perfect. We loved it so much that we wanted to stay an ADDITIONAL night and the concierge -- wish we had gotten her name -- made it happen and wouldn't accept gratuity. She also sent us a bottle of wine at the bar for our anniversary. Hoping to come back for another anniversary soon. Convenient rooms. Huge, comfy beds. Hip feel. Clearly awesome customer service. As avid music / concert-goers, the music channel was a lovely plus. Also, Netflix in the rooms and free Wifi? Just so many wins all around.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Lady L
Rebecca R, Manager at Hotel BPM Brooklyn, responded to this review, May 9, 2014
I remember you! It was a pleasure getting to meet you two and thank you for choosing us as your anniversary destination. We are passionate about customer service and I am glad I was able to offer great service. Please come see us again :)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
Sleepy Hollow, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2014 via mobile

Our NYC offices are within walking distance so I stay here at least bi-weekly. The staff are exceptionally friendly. The rooms are a deal in the NYC market for the level of service. The modern and hip vibe of the hotel is a huge plus. The neighborhood is very safe and super convenient to the subway and easy to travel to Park Slope, Downtown Brooklyn as well as into Manhattan.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Rebecca R, Manager at Hotel BPM Brooklyn, responded to this review, May 8, 2014
Informative and straight to the point! Thank you for taking the time to write a review, as a frequent guest of ours we truly value you’re honestly. It is so important that our guests take full advantage of what Brooklyn has to offer and not just settle with what New York is commonly known for. It is our pleasure to continuously provide nothing less than what you deserve. We thank you again.

Ontario, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2014

My daughter and I really enjoyed our stay at BPM in April 2014. Nice, modern hotel, very clean room, nice bathroom, very comfortable beds.
Front desk Staff were very friendly, helpful. Other staff the same, very good customer service.
Hotel was better than I expected as I wasn't sure if the geographic location would work out having never been to Brooklyn before. Access to subway was amazing as it is a five minute walk.
It took about 30 minutes into Penn Station. It was a little further out than we wanted however it was also nice to get to a quieter neighbourhood after the noise and lights of midtown Manhattan.
Loved my trip to New York, great city, friendly, safe. Highlight was walking the Brooklyn Bridge to Manhattan.
Audrey, Barrie, Ontario, Canada

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Rebecca R, Manager at Hotel BPM Brooklyn, responded to this review, May 7, 2014
Thank you so much for the wonderful review Audrey! Your personal and amazing feedback has motivated us to continue in a productive direction. Aside from your stay we are so glad that we were able to make your overall trip to the Big Apple one to remember. We hope to see you again.

Montreal, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2014

we got a good deal for 2 nights, for a king size bedroom: 256$can
dont pay more its not worth it!
yes its a new hotel, nice and simple decor, Yes they have a nice bathroom, smart tv, a continental breakfast, the staff at breakfast was kind.Its near the subway( 3 short blocks) the beds are comfortable. The cleanliness is average.
But its a tiny room, tiny and slow elevator, not enough space to seat everyone for the continental breakfast, if you go too late you wont find any
bananas!!
its just a okay hotel, near the subway.
I will go back only for the same fare 256$ not more!!!

• Stayed April 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Rebecca R, Manager at Hotel BPM Brooklyn, responded to this review, May 4, 2014
Thank you for taking out the time to write a review tam17_10. I am sorry the rooms were too small for you they are typical to what New York has to offer in terms of size. New York is known for its tight spaces, you may have booked for one of our standard or single rooms I suggest trying our superior or deluxe rooms which offer more wiggle room. We are working on fixing our elevator and we will make sure to order more fruit so that we have plenty for everyone. We always have great deals for our rooms so I hope we will be seeing you again :)

Seattle, Washington
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2014

First off the good, the beds were wonderful, the rooms were clean, the staff was very nice. It's also in a decent location. The subway is 3 blocks away. I never felt uneasy walking around by myself in the neighborhood.

The not so good, the 'hot breakfast' could only be considered 'hot' b/c coffee and hot water were available. There was no toaster for the bagels which seemed odd. I asked the lady working in the breakfast area about a toaster and she told me that they didn't have one due to renovations. So maybe in the future there will be one? Other than the 'hot' part not being overly true, the breakfast isn't bad. Bagels, muffins, fruit, it was alright.

The elevator broke the day before I was going to leave. I was told it'd be fixed by the time I checked out at 3:30AM the following day, it was not. Since I couldn't get the phone in my room to work to call someone to help me lug my luggage down 4 flights of stairs, I got an unexpected work out at 3:00AM.

As for the in-room phone, there is some special trick to get it to work. It's not punching the buttons for front desk or any of the other buttons. That just gets one a busy signal. I don't remember what the secret is, but if you go, make sure to ask, otherwise, the in-room phone is useless.

The really bad, I was charged twice for my stay. I overall did enjoy the hotel, but not to be charged double. Right now their accounting department should be reviewing my account and fixing that problem. In 5-7 days, I'll hopefully have a refund for the second charge.

All and all, it's not a bad place to stay, but keep on top of charges to one's credit cards and don't expect a hot breakfast. Also, if you're disabled, you may want to stay at a place that is known for elevator service or at least known for getting broken elevators fixed ASAP.

Room Tip: Try not to get a room by the stairwell. If the elevator doesn't work, when people use the stair...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank Stef1234562014
Rebecca R, Manager at Hotel BPM Brooklyn, responded to this review, April 29, 2014
Thank you for the informative review; we really appreciate detailed reviews like yours so we can really look into how to improve specific issues. I will first address the neighborhood, it is understandable that someone would feel uneasy when first getting to our neighborhood if they are unfamiliar with Sunset Park. We are located in a family oriented, working class neighborhood and although it is very safe it doesn’t have the typical traffic that New York is known for.
I sincerely apologize about the hot breakfast we have had to put it on hold because we are having renovations done in the kitchen. The renovations are going to allow us to be able to serve not only a full hot breakfast but lunch, brunch and dinner. The elevator unfortunately has been giving us some unexpected issues and we have been calling our elevator company around the clock to take care of it. These things happen and it is out of our hands but we have been working diligently to fix it. I am sorry for the unexpected work out.
The phones in the room just require the number 0 to be hit to speak to front desk while outgoing calls require a 9 to be hit first. I will inform all Front Desk staff to mention this to every guest so that it does not continue to confuse anyone. When it comes to your second charge as I mentioned when I personally emailed you that unfortunately does take a few days but the refund has definitely been processed, I apologize for any inconvenience it may have caused you.
My staff and I will be working together to make sure that these issues are addressed as quickly as possible, thank you again for your honest and helpful review.

Aarhus
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2014

Had a pleasant stay in this hotel. The employees were smiling and helpful.
Near Sub (36rd street) an 15 min away from Manhattan.
There is several small stores in the neighborhood and even some small restaurants.

Room Tip: Some noise from the garages on the other side of the street
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for the review Sparre! We are so happy to have offered you a great stay, the restaurants out here are small and offer fantastic authentic cuisine from many different Latin countries. Please come see us again!

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2014

I spent two days at the hotel last week and the staff here is great! I was able to hang out in the bar area and work on my laptop and the staff asked if I wanted a glass of water. I asked the guy at the front desk to call me a cab, before I can finish packing up my laptop a black suv was already up front waiting for me. The internet is faster than what I have at home which was really nice for getting work done. The room has a great rainfall shower and snack tray was loaded with snacks I think not much more than if I went out to buy them. Very affordable no $8 snickers like other places. The area is a mix of family homes and businesses. Was a but odd to see families with strollers which I did not expect but was told there are 3 schools in the area. The area is very safe and used the subway a lot to do site seeing in Manhattan and spent a day in Prospect Park which is really nice. They have a small zoo inside which was a surprise. I will be back next time I am in town. Also thank you to the front desk for lending me their phone charger to use.

Room Tip: Single King is perfect if you do not plan to spend to much time in your room.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Rebecca R, Manager at Hotel BPM Brooklyn, responded to this review, April 21, 2014
Thank you for the wonderful comment! Delivering great customer service is a core value at Hotel BPM and comments like yours make it all worth it. Please come see us again!