“Had a great hotel stay. Outstanding hospitality! Was very impressed with the quality and service and eccentricity.”
Review of Hotel BPM Brooklyn

Hotel BPM Brooklyn
Ranked #40 of 72 Hotels in Brooklyn
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed January 27, 2014

I had a great stay here last week. In addition to it being close to the train, it was a great experience. The lady at the front desk made me feel very welcome when I arrived from the freezing bitter cold! Calling up to the room to make sure I was happy with the accomodations. I requested a robe, iron and ironing board by brought up and they each item appeared almost magically. Upon arrival it was cool to hear the hotels private music channel playing in the room (and cool bathroom) as I came in. The pricing for room service was surprisingly reasonable and the food and service was excellent. I did, however, note and take into consideration the $5 service charge.

The best part about the whole experience was one staff member's hospitality. After coming back very late from working a concert in the city, starving from working super hard and super cold from walking from the train, I realized that I didn't have my hotel card. Ty, at the front desk was very helpful and friendly and cheerfully put up with all of my questions. I asked if there was a microwave and Ty said he would have my food warmed for me and after I retrieved my food from my room, they came back with my sandwich on a dinner plate piping hot and looking nothing like the left overs I had stuffed in the tiny fridge hours before. I was excited.

Ty answered each of my questions at 2:30 am with enthusiasm and great customer service. He even recommended a great cab company to my tired brain and instead of costing $35 dollars my ride cost $24 to Penn Station. I also really appreciated that Ty thought enough about my day to schedule two wake up calls for me, which he delivered very promptly and professionally. He even had the cab waiting to take me in ample time...

In fact, if it wasn't for Ty's great hospitality, I would have surely missed my train and been stranded for a day in NY, operating on less than 3 hours of sleep. :/

Overall, my Hotel BPM experience rocked my face off and I would stay there again in a heart beat per minute...

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
HotelBPM, General Manager at Hotel BPM Brooklyn, responded to this reviewResponded April 14, 2014

Hey Bobbiette,
Thanks for taking time out to write us such a great review. We like to work hard to ensure each guest hotel experience is a great as their visit to New York. Things don't appear magically its our super power here to bring meet guest requests at lighting speed. We do charge a $5 service charge for room service but unlike many hotels we don't force our guests to pay 18% gratuity as many other do. I am glad to hear you enjoyed our "Bee Kind" soaps which can be purchase on our website and each sale of Bee Kind goes toward pollination research. We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed January 25, 2014

Loved the theme of this hotel and the music that played as soon as you walked in, the rooms were pretty small but the decor was nice. Staff was so helpful even at 2 a.m when I was starving, they know the area. Even though small, its brooklyn and good for the price. Would stay here again

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
Rebecca R, Manager at Hotel BPM Brooklyn, responded to this reviewResponded January 27, 2014

I am very happy to hear about your great stay will us! Each employee here takes pride in their work and in this building. New York City is known for its tight spaces and we are no exception, however we hope that our cozy environment continues to offer you comfortable and relaxing stays. I am not sure which room you stayed in but our Superior or Deluxe king room would suit you better on your next visit; these rooms offer more space.

Reviewed January 15, 2014

Nice hotel not too far from anything 15 minutes into Manhattan soho etc ... Rode train to Barclays center it was one stop away. Staff was nice .. Limited parking .. Room service prices are reasonable mini bar as well. Over all I would recommend for the price

• Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank LadyJabree
Reviewed January 9, 2014

First of all, let's start with the basics: Very comfortable and very well priced. We got a deal from Hotels.com for about $99 a night and couldn't be more happy. It was a last minute booking (flight was cancelled, twice) and needed to stay 3 more days. They got us set up in minutes and had a great stay. The staff was very nice and professional. I see some other reviews about this hotel and I sometimes wonder if they are just negative and looking for something wrong with everything. I found everything right with them and had a pleasurable stay.
I think people may be turned off by the neighborhood. Yeah, there is no skyline or view, no major department stores or "5 star" restaurants nearby. To the untrained eye, it may appear "sketchy" but there are plenty of nice people and families walking around doing just fine and many "mom and pop" establishments within a few blocks to purchase a good meal or necessities. The subway is 3 blocks away and you are in Manhattan in about 15 minutes. If you are looking to visit New York and want to save some money but stay at nice hotel, get a room here, buy yourself a metro card and explore. Honestly, you won't find a better deal anywhere.

Room Tip: We were on the 3rd floor. Had no problems.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed January 9, 2014

The room was small which is expected I guess. Did not look very clean - dirt on the floors. We didn't have towels in our room and it took about a half hour to get them. No where really to get food - a small room service menu. We have stayed in many hotels around the world and this was not a 4 star and not worth the money. And we were in a Deluxe room!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Tlavallee
Reviewed January 8, 2014

My friend and I stayed here for 4 nights while on vacation to celebrate New Year's Eve on Manhattan Island and would recommend this hotel. The room was clean and extremely comfortable. Crisp linens and piles of the comfiest pillows you'll ever find. They have a really interesting selection of natural snacks and non-alcoholic beverages available in room. Our room was on the fifth floor and we could only hear the people next door when they were talking in the hallway outside our room. The room was quiet otherwise and neither of us noticed any noise or rumbling from the subway. The staff were all super nice and very accommodating and knowledgeable of the subway routes to get to where we needed to be on the island. The lighting in the washroom is beautiful, but I would have liked to have seen a counter by the sink for our toiletries, etc. It wasn't a big deal for me, though, because there is a large and easily accessible mirror on either side of the bed with a shelf (bed stand) under each.

Some comments have been made about the neighborhood. Being that this was our first trip to NYC we were cautious and didn't know what to expect. The neighborhood looks a little rough around the edges, but we never ever felt unsafe during the day or at night on trips to the local restaurants or the subway station that is located a short three blocks away. I found the neighborhood interesting, vibrant, and charming and the impression I got from the locals was they were genuine, honest, hard working people.

It was extremely easy to get to and from Manhattan Island from the hotel using the subways, which made for an enjoyable trip for my friend and I that is only filled with very good memories of warm and friendly people wherever we went.

I would for sure stay here again and would wholeheartedly recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank edmfan
Reviewed January 3, 2014

I liked the hotel itself fine. I have no problem with the neighborhood. I never felt threatened or anything like that walking too and from the train.

the hotel itself is fine. only fine, but I'll explain that later. It was NYE and they had a party downstairs. also offer breakfast. We didn't participate in either of those things. It's no slight on BPM, we just don't like people or waking up before 11am.

Our problem was with how thin the walls seem. It would be like 3 or 4 am and doors would be slamming, we'd hear people talking in the hallway. That puts a serious cramp in your ability to sleep in until 11 or 12 and still be fully rested. pack earplugs or stop by Duane Reed to get some.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

I am very sorry for your poor stay, NYE was a busy night for the hotel, we had many groups staying with us so a lot of celebrating was going on. I sincerely apologize for the noisy stay. Hopefully you can come visit us again I am sure the stay will be much quieter.