“Overall, very happy”

Hotel BPM Brooklyn
Ranked #40 of 72 Hotels in Brooklyn
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed October 12, 2013

I really enjoyed my stay at Hotel BPM. Although the hotel is not in an ideal location for travellers wanting to explore downtown Manhattan every day, it has easy access to the subway system (D, R and N lines) so downtown is only 20 minutes away. The breakfast was very efficient and the hours are very generous so I never had to rush to get to breakfast in the morning. Housekeeping was efficient yet thorough. The biggest selling point for me, and one of the convincing reasons that I would stay at Hotel BPM again, was the technological set up in the rooms. It was great to have Netflix and fast, free wifi at our finger tips. Thanks Hotel BPM.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed October 11, 2013

Wow, judging from some of the reviews here you'd think this place was lousy - let me tell you, that is not the case!

My fiance and I had an amazing 3 night stay at Hotel BPM. Very few minor things which I'll address, but overall awesome.

Staff - absolutely top notch. They were friendly and accomodating. There were free cocktails in the lounge on Friday & Saturday nights (from 10PM-2AM!) and my friend and I took advantage of this on Friday. Our bartender was TT and she was so great. We ended up staying about 2 hours because it was so fun talking to her and one of the other employees (I didn't catch her name). I highly recommend the Sangria! (don't forget to tip your waitstaff!)

Room service/in-room food - this was on the high end of so-so. We didn't have to wait long at all - maybe 20 minutes. The food was pretty good, but nothing stood out like WOW. I had the Monte Cristo one night (it was french toast with turkey, ham, and swiss inside) served with sweet potato fries. Another night we had grilled cheese and fried chicken. The grilled cheese was the best out of everything. The room itself is PACKED with snacks and drinks that are SO good. And they aren't the normal mini bar prices of $9 for a Diet Coke. Everything was very reasonable and the chocolate bars were delicious.

Room - the size of the room didn't bother me at all (a little small). And really, having such a huge bed was worth the compromise in size - I swear it felt bigger than a King size. The bed itself was firm, but very comfortable. Linens were high quality. The TV was great - you can watch Netflix from your own account (It's a "smart tv") and I love that you can hear the tv in the bathroom through the special speakers - with independent volume control. The AC was on point! It was unusually hot for October in Brooklyn and it cooled us down quick! The decor is beautiful and simple. Just like pictured on the website.

Bathroom - awesome, but could be better.. It was big, beautiful and clean. We happened to book an ADA compliant room, so it may have been bigger than the standard. The shower is a rain shower + handheld showerhead. Very comfortable. On the downside, the shampoo/conditioner was lousy - it smelled and felt like the soap. Bring your own toiletries. Also there were no hooks so you had to put clothes and towels on the floor. Not a big deal, but worth noting. The ventilation wasn't great, but nothing fogged up - just sort of a weak fan. Also, no counter space! This made it difficult to use my curling iron and do makeup, but I made it work.

Noise level - I could hear almost everything in the hallway. I guess I don't get bothered easily because this didn't irritate me at all. Our room (412 - which I would recommend) is near the elevator, so you will hear people if they're talking in the hallway. Again, didn't bother me at all but might for some people.

Honestly, I had such a great time here I will definitely come back on our next NY trip. We booked early and got a great deal. It certainly exceeded my expectations.

Room Tip: Room 412 - a little loud but possibly bigger because it's an ADA room.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 9, 2013

Stayed here for four nights during a work trip where we needed parking so Manhattan not an option. Staff are very helpful, rooms are nice and clean and there is breakfast available.

Apparently there are cocktails but when I asked about this one night they said thats only on weekends.

Not any major downsides, I didnt enjoy the brand of room coffee much but there is a mini bar stocked with a range of interesting drinks and they provide snacks.

The area is alright, you wont be savouring a stroll around sightseeing, but its a busy part of working Brooklyn that feels safe enough, and the hotel is only about 5 minutes walk from the metro. It is a bit of a journey to Manhattan (its not that many stops but they are quite far apart) it should be noted so bear that in mind depending on what you want to do and when comparing prices with Manhattan hotels.

AC unit was a bit noisy but no real noise from the street as the hotel is tucked down a side alley.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 8, 2013

The BPM is a great place for a stay when visiting or on business in NYC . Close to subway to Manhattan and close to the hipster parts of Brooklyn. The staff is very friendly and helpful. Modern rooms with ample space( compared to closet like rooms I have stayed in NYC before)- great bathroom with rain shower.
A plus is the breakfast , which gives the day a good start.
The hotel is located on the border of trendy Brooklyn in a mix of industrial and residential area. So don't expect a TIMES Square location, but the subway lines drop you off in no time( 20 min) in Manhattan.

Room Tip: this is in the middle of a city, so there will always be noise- I slept well in my 3rd floor room
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 8, 2013

This hotel far exceeded my expectations. First, I booked this hotel via Groupon. The price was SO right. I booked the hotel far in advance because I was coming to see Kaskade at Barclays so I figured it would fill up fast. I've never spent time in NY or Brooklyn-- and I drove from Richmond, VA. This hotel is conveniently located right off of 278. I arrived 1 hour and 30 minutes before official check-in- Rebecca at the front desk was so friendly and let us check in early with no problem. She even handed us our complimentary bottle of wine right away (I was expecting this part to be forgotten!) Since I booked on a groupon, I was able to park for only $10 a night. The parking lot was small but it worked! The room itself was great- clean, the bed was so comfortable, the blackout shade option, netflix, the speaker in the bathroom... I loved it all! We ordered room service for dinner- the food was delicious and fast. We took the Subway to Barclays which was so convenient! When we got back to our hotel, my boyfriend took advantage of free cocktails in the lounge. That was a great touch. The only minor complaint I had was that during the night, there is a lot of noise that comes into the rooms. If the A/C is running, it takes care of that problem. We had complimentary breakfast in the mornning and checked out around 11:30. Overall amazing experience and I can't wait to go back- the staff was just incredible. It has been fun too interacting with Hotel BPM on social media- that is what caught my attention in the first place!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 7, 2013

I highly recommend this hotel towards adults 21-30, looking for a fun place to hang and relax in Brooklyn- this is definitely the place. The room was very nice and clean- as the shower was wonderful as well. The staff went ABOVE and BEYOND to our needs and I highly thank them for that. Complimentary open bar 10pm-2am was something not commonly seen, but was highly enjoyed! If you are coming from out of town to go see a show/concerts at Barclays Center, make sure Hotel BPM is where you end your night!

-MG

Room Tip: Grab a room with a street view- the window sill is very relax to sit and look out onto the busy broo...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 7, 2013

My girlfriend and I were in New York for one night only, and we wanted to find an affordable, but nice hotel. I scoured all of the major travel sites, and during our visit I couldn't find anything less than $350/night. Fortunately, however, I found Hotel BPM on Groupon. I had no problems booking the hotel with my Groupon voucher.

I found the hotel to be clean, fairly well-located (3 blocks from a subway station), and really hip/swanky. It was a great find! The hotel offers complimentary breakfast. To be honest, it was just okay, but free breakfast is always a nice touch. Wifi is also free.

The staff were really friendly and available to provide dining and other recommendations upon our request.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends