“They were all a "Blessing" to me!”
Review of Hotel BPM Brooklyn

Hotel BPM Brooklyn
Ranked #40 of 72 Hotels in Brooklyn
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed September 8, 2013

Location, clean rooms, clean bathrooms, and a cozy bed are very important when choosing a hotel and although the above statement is true, I believe there is noting more important then building strong and heart felt rapport with cliental which each of the staff members did at Hotel BPM in Brooklyn that I had the blessing to encounter. Service is more then just a "hello," a "smile," a "welcome," and a "thank you." If you want individuals to return and re-experience an experience, there must be a personal connection of some sort that draws an individual to remember a "sincere" and "heart felt" connection with the staff which is exactly what I experienced at Hotel BPM. Although I cannot remember the young ladies name at the front desk, I will never forget how she took the time to ask me how my trip was and I was able to share how my trip really was. Thank you again and I will always remember and appreciate the listening ear you provided me that day! Hotel BPM of Brooklyn is not only a professional, clean, and exceptional place to stay while you are on a short trip or vacation but it is a place that you can call a "Home away from Home" because of the staff that works there. Thank you again and I Highly Recommend This Awesome Hotel to Anyone and Everyone!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed September 7, 2013

The hotel is OK but what is really lacking is adequate amount of staff. During peak times the employees are overwhelmed. This really showed up during breakfast. We ended up going to a neighborhood restaurant. The "Black" female employee that was working in the hospitality and breakfast area was excellent. She made our experience much, much better.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed September 6, 2013

Me and my sister visiting from Miami came to jersey for a wedding. We wanted to spend at least one night in New York and what better borough to pick than broooooklyn!! So I was on groupon looking for hotels at a great discounted price and there goes hotel BPM. Right away I'm intrigued at the discount and also the fact that it is owned by. DJ! Music is my love my passion so I was excited. Anyways we show up and the staff treated us with great respect!! The hotel is very hip modern looking. Love the shower and the fact we got a cool Vizio flat screen to watch Netflix on! As soon as I got there I took a power nap in that nice plush bed!! Very dreamy. I plan to be back to hotel BPM VERY SOON!! Mark my words

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed September 6, 2013

The BPM is a perfectly adequate hotel. The room was small, but the bed was great and the furnishings overall were very sleek and modern. The front desk staff were exceptionally nice. But the hipster hotel is in an industrial corner of Brooklyn with no good restaurants, clubs, or shopping such as you might find in Brooklyn Heights or Williamsburg. The really nice desk chick suggested we go to Target for shopping. The complementary breakfast was a nice touch, but it seemed like microwave airplane food. Maybe that's what Mr. Everywhere, the hotel's owner, digs. It was easy enough to get to other parts of the city, but it took a long time--maybe 30-40 minutes to get into Manhattan. Overall, given the deal we got on Jetsetter, it was a good bargain. But we'd be unlikely to stay at BPM again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Hotel BPM is the BEST hotel I've stayed at in all of NY. Its very close to subway stations with easy connections to all NY. The rooms are modern, fresh and CLEAN. The beds are super comfy and the showerhead is great! The staff is awesome & super friendly. I travel frequently to NY and I've been very disappointed with hospitality and cleanliness of other hotels. I am very happy to have found Hotel BPM, I won't stay anywhere else but here and I strongly recommend this hotel to anyone whether you're traveling with family or for business. I've found that this hotel has the best rates, free WIFI (rare in other hotels) and an awesome breakfast included! The French toast is the BEST!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Jen S
Reviewed September 3, 2013

The room was small, but comfortable as are all NYC hotel rooms. However, the parking was in an adjacent uncovered lot for $25 or street parking. I chose the later and my vehicle was fine, however we were located in a commercial area with little in terms of local restaurants or bars. There was absolutely no nightlife. The hotel did not have a DJ available, although there was a small lounge in the basement level that did offer complimentary pre-mixed drinks after 10pm. I tried a fruity juice and rum concoction that wasn't bad, but the atmosphere was really no different than many hotels welcome cocktails, but with less scenery. In the morning we had a small selection of complimentary breakfast items which was nice, but to be honest it all tasted like microwave frozen breakfasts; I can't recommend. All in all, the location was unattractive and inconvenient to all of the most interesting parts of the city, and the amenities did seem a bit overstated, but the room was clean, comfortable and modern and made for a good home base in which to visit other areas of the city.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Paul R, General Manager at Hotel BPM Brooklyn, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2013

Dear Baltimorejones,

Thanks for taking time to review our property. However, I will tell you that I take umbrage in the content of it. First, a little backstory. I attended St. Mary's University in Twickenham and had the distinction of being one of the first "Yanks" to be a member of St. Mary’s Rugby Club. I had the occasion to visit the Cambia region and Ulverston while doing my "rugby research". Ulverston is a cute, quaint little town indeed. Known for little festivals, quaint B&B's and holds the distinction of being the birthplace of Stan Laurel. What surprised me was that of the two lodging reviews on your profile you ranked our Hotel as a "Pretty Average Experience" while rating your Ulverston experience (the 14th ranked B&B out of 21) higher than ours.

I'm the last person to deny anyone of their opinion(s) or to say yours in wrong or right...I mean it's only an opinion and I am aware…apples & oranges. Being an analytical type however I do like to breakdown reviews we receive as we use them as opportunities to better our performance and strive toward creating a better guest experience.

Here is my breakdown:

It speaks tomes of our "hood" that indeed you can park on the street safely and find street parking readily available. We actually encourage our guests to save the $20 (not $25) by availing themselves to the abundance of safe, street parking. If they chose though they can park secure in our private, 24hr observed and patrolled parking lot behind our Hotel. Not bad considering the alternatives in the city where overnight parking averages $40.00.

The area we are located in deserves comment as well. The Sunset Park neighborhood of Brooklyn is one of the newest areas undergoing an aggressive gentrification. Hotel BPM is proud to be one of the leaders in that movement. There is a namesake city park within the neighborhood, located between 41st and 44th Streets (7 blocks away). The "main drag" of the neighborhood is 5th Avenue (1 block away). The area is also home to the Jackie Gleason Bus Terminal perhaps as relevant to the area as the Stan Laurel Birthplace is to Ulverston.

Sunset Park's most recent incarnation was its emergence as the first Brooklyn Chinatown, which is located along 8th Avenue from 42nd Street (12 blocks away) and has rapidly attracted many Chinese immigrants. Eighth Avenue is lined with Chinese businesses, including grocery stores, restaurants, Buddhist temples, video stores, bakeries, and community organizations, and even Hong Kong Supermarket.

Less than three short blocks from the Hotel our guest can select one of three trains that will deliver them to Little Italy (12 minutes), Time Square (24 minutes), Coney Island (27 minutes) or the World Trade Center Memorial (29 minutes). Voted the Most Desirable Neighborhood to Live in NYC (all 5 boroughs), Park Slope is a 6 minute train ride from Hotel BPM that drops you off in front of the #1 ranked venue in the U.S for ticket sales, the new Barclays Center. Some guests actually prefer the 20-30 minute walk or will spring for the $7.00 fare of our car service.

“The hotel did not have a DJ available…” is a good one. Between our owner (DJ Bijal) and the visiting DJs that spin here and stay here while performing at other venues in the City we come close to having a DJ on premise 24 hours a day - 7 days a week. Of course I understand your comment but rest assured that the music you were treated to the evening you enjoyed complimentary cocktails in our lounge was mixed and prepared by our own DJ Bijal for your listening enjoyment. Every week as his schedule allows he is on site at his studio mixing not just the music for our web site or for our in-room/ in-house music selection but also for his satellite radio show. You make reference of “many hotels welcome cocktails”. If you get a chance send me a list of those…I love to travel and I love complimentary drinks…it’s just not an amenity that I find very often.

Perhaps what encouraged me to give you such a detailed answer was your comment about our breakfast in which you stated; “…it all tasted like microwave frozen breakfasts; I can’t recommend.” Our Director of Food & Beverage, Mr. De Jesus takes an inordinate amount of pride in the creation and preparation of our complimentary breakfast. Most properties that make that offering take a leap in their respective definitions of Breakfast…we do not. Let’s see…you certainly aren’t referring to our fresh fruit delivered daily or our bagels and baked goods that arrive each morning at 5am from our local Brooklyn bakery’s ovens. Our farm fresh eggs that go into our omelets, strattas and frittatas as well as our Cinnamon French Toast come fresh out of our state-of-the-art convection oven.

Now from a health standpoint our F&B Director discovered that bacon cooked in a microwave compared to a skillet had the formation of N-nitrosamines (NNAs). So in an effort to circumvent any health concerns we purchase Hormel precooked bacon that we heat in a microwave avoiding the formation of those potentially hazardous NNAs. Other than heating up an occasional item at the request of a guest the microwave is not in our kitchen repertoire of food preparation. I’m just saying...

I’m sorry that you found our location “unattractive and inconvenient”. As my tailor used to say…want a blue suit…stand under the blue light. I couldn’t help but admire the photo you posted of your “testing” of our Sound Sleeper Mattress. Here’s a link that might come in handy when perfecting your art. http://www.wikihow.com/Do-a-Toe-Touch-Jump

Feel free to reach out to me personally at GM@HotelBPMBrooklyn.com if I can help with anything or perhaps you’ll give us another opportunity to change your mind about us.

Cheers,
Paul

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Was staying at Hotel BPM with the family for 5 days. The rooms are very nice and quiet. The breakfast was included and very good, and there was free wifi. The staff was very friendly and service minded. The subway station is just 3 blocks away, and have good connections to all over NY. The surrounding neighbourhood could looks a bit "rough", specially if you plan to hang out very late at night in the dark. There is not much to do for eating or shopping close to the hotel (except for some fast food), you have to get on the sub to go elsewhere.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Dear Stein_Myrseth,

Thank you for taking the time from your schedule to write a review for us. We enjoyed your visit and hopefully will see you again on your next sojourn to the States.

You’re not the first that thought the neighborhood looked a bit “rough” but I assure you it is safe.

We’ll leave the music on for you.

Trygge reiser,