“Clean, funky, attentive”

Hotel BPM Brooklyn
Ranked #44 of 74 Hotels in Brooklyn
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed July 13, 2013

Great design, friendly staff and most importantly hard wood floors (with carpets I always end up sneezing during the night). Convenient location. the management seem like good people and really have their heart invested in this place. Definitely want to come back here.

• Stayed: July 2013

Reviewed July 12, 2013

I recently stayed at this hotel for one night for my anniversary and cannot express how great my stay was. Checking in was actually fun, Mai was absolutely great and did not hesitate to let us know to call her if we needed anything at all. Like the rest of the staff she was kind hearted and made us feel welcomed.

The room looked great, just like the advertised pictures. For the price we received this hotel at it was great for the amount of services it provides. Loved the décor it’s self and the music once you walk into the lobby. Will be staying here in the future.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We won a 3 night stay here during the summer holiday weekend! Every detail was clean and modern. We loved the look of the inside and out.
Rooms were clean and I loved the water fall shower, the fog free lit up mirror and the fact that you could have music playing from out side of the room into the bathroom if you wanted to! The beds were extremely comfy and big. The windows in the JRs deluxe room were huge, with black out drapes. They also have keurig machines in each room, which for me good coffee in the morning at a hotel is a MUST!
At night they offered free sangria, margaritas or a few different brands of beer at the down stairs lounge. They have DJ's spinning on Friday and Saturday nights from 10-2 am. Great place to stop and socialize after a long day in the city!
The staff here are extremely welcoming and all of them were so sweet. They always asked how we were doing and if we were enjoying our stay!

Room Tip: High floors facing the street
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 8, 2013

I enjoyed this proprty very much. While it is not right in Manhattan, it is only a 20 minute subway ride from mid-town. The staff was great. From the engineer/Maintenance to the front desk, I felt like it nattered if I was comfortable. A special mention to Loraine who was a stand out! The room was confortable with about the expected size for New York and the bathroom was also quite nice with contemporary fixtures and designs. A recycling bucket of some sort is needed! Also, more shelf area for toiletries in the bathroom.
I will be back for sure.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed July 8, 2013

I enjoyed my time staying at this hotel. It is in a quieter side of Brooklyn that is also very close to downtown Manhattan. I stayed here for work, but if i ever had a chance to come back i would stay here again. The only negative that i had was that the walls seemed to be paper thin. You could hear everything that was going on in the rooms around you.

The coolest part was the sounds system in the room was connected to the TV. I had never seen that and i really used that at all times.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed July 5, 2013

I absolutely loved every part of my stay in New York, but the best part was the hotel!!!!. In fact I'm so glad that I chose here and don't imagine myself staying anywhere else on future trips. It was really cool to hear about the ethos and uniqueness of the hotel - particularly since it's owned by a DJ who based the hotel on his previous stays at other hotels. For someone in their late 20's, I felt that it was well very well tailored to people like myself.

Breakfast: Breakfast was nice and the kitchen staff very attentive and friendly. There was a mixture of hot food and a continental mix which was also helpful. I believe that breakfast was served between 7am and 10am? for late starters like myself, this was great!!

Room: The room that I was in was a spacious enough place for me and possibly two people. I'm not sure what the family rooms are like. It was really well decorated and there was no noise from outside when the windows were closed. I only opened them when I accidentally cut the circuit to the AC during the night, but the next day, reception had a maintenance worker up in minutes... very impressive. The shower worked brilliantly, AND there were complimentary toiletries and a hairdryer too!!.

Area: The area was ok and almost all of the locals were very friendly. The taxi's (ordered via the hotel - they can give you their card too) were relatively inexpensive compared to the yellow taxi's. Time Square, Macy's and all the other big Manhatten attractions were about a 20 minute taxi ride away as was Kings Plaza (for those onto the shopping spree's) It was also about 40mins away from JFK. The subway was around a 5 minute walk away, though I didn't use it, the rail staff were very friendly and offer a guide if you need one There's not much to do close to the hotel, but there are a few fast food shops around i.e. KFC, Chinese, pizza and burger joints etc. There may have been more further up.

Staff: The staff were extremely friendly and helpful to me, particularly as a lone traveler and guest. Rebecca and her other colleague ( i forgot her name) were very polite and informative. David and Kevin were JUST THE BEST; from their hospitality to their jokes, service and advice. David in particular was very good at informing all guests of the mini club in the basement on Fridays and Saturdays. I also received a complimentary pair of BPM shades!!! whoop whoop

Like I said above, I don't see myself staying anywhere else again when visiting New York, I've told all my friends and family about the best place to stay in Brooklyn, and certainly hope to be a guest again VERY SOON :)
Ciao x RM - London x

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed July 3, 2013 via mobile

I was fortunate enough to spend 5 nights at this hotel recently and I loved it. It's clean, welcoming and friendly. The lift broke down shortly after we arrived and we had to trek up and down the stairs for a while but we were compensated with a refund of a nights stay so we promptly booked another night!

It's a great location, 5 minutes from 36th Street subway. We got the train from and to the airport and wheeled our cases from the subway with no problem. Talking of subway, Subway is on the corner of 33rd Street if you fancy a quick snack and if you like pizza you MUST try SOS Pizzeria 3917 4th Avenue. You won't be disappointed with a slice of Grandma pie.

Breakfast at the hotel consisted of a variety of bagels each day, which you toast yourself and that's great as long as its not too busy as this can cause a queue. There's fruit (a couple of days we had water melon, another day honey dew melon. There's also cereal, tea, coffee and delicious fresh orange juice. Hot food is made to order - French toast and bacon, omelette and bacon or omelette and sausage.

Then there's the Friday and Saturday night complimentary cocktails and beer served between 9pm and 1am in the breakfast room while a great DJ plays great tunes.

The beds are super comfy and the Keurig coffee maker and Dunkin Donuts coffee in the room is a bonus.

Met Paul the Manager, he's a larger than life character, professional and friendly.

My one bug bear as with all hotels (bar one), that I visited on this trip....There are 3 of us and this is made clear at time of reservation and obviously at check in however, there was only ever enough towels, cups, glasses, tea and coffee for 2 people. I understand that some rooms can't be allocated before check in, in which case housekeeping should be informed and the extras brought to the room.

Anyhow that's just a small gripe, I really recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013