“Great Hotel”

Hotel BPM Brooklyn
Ranked #40 of 72 Hotels in Brooklyn
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed October 30, 2012

I got a deal on Living Social to stay at this hotel. My boyfriend and I stayed here when we went to a concert in Brooklyn. Since we both DJ, it seemed like the ideal place for us to stay. We loved that they have turntables in the lobby! The staff was super friendly and very helpful. We enjoyed the great amenities, such as being able to listen to music in your room, free Wifi, complimentary breakfast and the Keurig coffee maker in the room. Our room was trendy and modern, the only thing was that the chair for the desk seemed a little large for the room size. We both loved the pillows they picked, super comfy. We were only short walk away from the metro station, which we took to our concert. We will definitely be staying here again, next time we come to Brooklyn.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Kimberly C
There are newer reviews for Hotel BPM Brooklyn

Reviewed October 29, 2012

I came to Brooklyn for a family emergency and this place was chosen for me by someone else as the hospital was in the vicinity. I just pretty much landed there and the vibe was wonderful! Joe and Jonathon bent over backwards for every request. Service was impeccable, quiet as can be, comfortable, clean and modern. Nice breakfast in the am. Great music.

The downside is that it pretty much is in the middle of nowhere, however, there are cabs and the subway is just four blocks away, and of course, from that point, the world is your oyster.

Room Tip: Mine was 311 which was in a little alcove away from other rooms and the elevator which I'm sure...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank msliz56
HotelBPM, General Manager at Hotel BPM Brooklyn, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2014

Hello Msliz56,
I am very happy to hear that you arrived to the hotel delightfully surprised. We strive to offer each guest the best service possible and happy to hear we did so. We look forward to having you as a guest again.

Reviewed October 28, 2012

My boyfriend and I recently stayed at Hotel BPM and enjoyed our stay very much! The staff was very friendly and attentive, the rooms were comfortable and the atmosphere was great. When we arrived there was a live DJ spinning a diverse mix which created a nice vibe in the lobby and lounge area which we had the option to also enjoy in our room. We spent some time in the lounge where I enjoyed delicious Sangria and my boyfriend a beer before heading out to dinner. We hopped on the subway - located just a very short stroll from the hotel - and headed toward Park Slope just one stop away. There were tons of restaurants to choose from and we chose Peperoncino - a tiny and delicious - Italian restaurant.

In the room we loved the bathroom speakers, comfortable beds, complimentary WiFi and the Keurig Coffee Maker was an excellent touch. We also LOVED the complimentary breakfast the next morning served in the lounge area. It was great to have the option of a hot entree (bacon and eggs the day we stayed) and the breakfast staff was also very friendly.

I definitely recommend this hotel and we will return again soon for sure!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Alyssa D
Paul R, General Manager at Hotel BPM Brooklyn, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2013

Dear Alyssa D

Sorry that it took so long to respond to your review. We had a "touch" of bad weather that made me fall behind in responding. I didn’t want you to think that we don't appreciate your kind words because we do!

The entire staff works so diligently to bring a superb guest experience to everyone that stays with us and we get feedback like yours it lets us know that we are on the right track.

Thanks again and hopefully you and your boyfriend will be visiting again soon.

Cheers,

Reviewed October 25, 2012

My friends and I stayed at BPM last weekend and had a great time. The hotel and rooms were clean and comfortable. The mini fridge and Keurig came in very handy! The breakfast was delicious! The music with the speakers in the bathroom made it a very fun place to get ready for a bunch of girls heading out on the town! The staff was AMAZING!! Every single person we came in contact with who worked at BPM was committed to making sure we had a great time and had everything we needed. To say they were AWESOME is still not saying enough. I would highly recommend BPM. The neighborhood was not fantastic- there was nowhere in walking distance that we felt we wanted to try for dinner or drinks; but the 36th St station is very close and cool restaurants and bars are a quick train ride away. I certainly did not feel unsafe in the hotel neighborhood; it's just not vibrant or where we wanted to eat and hang out. But, it was so conveniently located to the T, and we were able to get everywhere so quickly and easily, that I would definitely not the neighborhood deter me from staying there again! I would absolutely go back!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank ASJ4
Paul R, General Manager at Hotel BPM Brooklyn, responded to this reviewResponded October 27, 2012

Dear ASJ4,

Your review is a great compliment to our staff. Everyone here at Hotel BPM makes a sincere commitment to the comfort of our guests and their experience when visiting.

There are things that we realize are out of our control at times...the weather…traffic…BUT details that we have control over we go out of our way to make sure that it reflects us at our best. Truth be told…we are only as great as our guests and it’s guests like you that make the effort worthwhile.

Thank you and we’ll leave the music on for you 

Reviewed October 25, 2012

In my 20 years of extensive traveling, this is, hands down, the most amazing staff I have ever seen. Each and every person that I encountered during my stay was friendly, helpful and even funny! From the moment we checked it, to the day we left, everyone at BPM impressed me. The rooms are clean, modern and the beds are comfy. The hotel is just 5 blocks from the Subway. The breakfast is much better that the standard hotel breakfast and the free DJ on the weekends is an added bonus. If you are thinking of staying in Brooklyn, this is an amazing place. Thank you BPM for such an amazing experience!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Christy K
Paul R, General Manager at Hotel BPM Brooklyn, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2012

Dear Kristy K,

We are really thrilled that you loved the Hotel. Our founder and all round hospitality guru…DJ Bijal…made a sincere effort to design a Hotel that would be warm and inviting and at the same time give you all the comforts you would come to expect this modern world.

His credo of having a Hotel that would mimic the experience of a guest staying with their cool friend is something we take serious.

Thanks for the review and don’t wait so long before your next visit 
Cheers,

Reviewed October 25, 2012

Reminded me of good, clean, simply styled, affordable hotels we have found in Europe. Room had all we needed, with no space wasted. Staff most friendly and helpful. Drinks in the evenings and good breakfast included. While the neighborhood is a bit industrial, surprised by the ease with which we could drive to different locations in NYC on a Saturday - Monday. Easy trip to & through the tunnel into Manhattan; easy to other parts of Brooklyn to visit family and friends. Easy trips to Green Wood Cemetary, Park Slope, Botanical Garden, Brooklyn Museum. Convenient parking right behind the hotel, if not on the street in front. Very reasonable rate for all we got, but it depends on where you need to go in New York. Definitely is on our list for next trip to see family in Brooklyn.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank JRBII

Dear JR BLL

Thanks for the review...and finding out about us they are. We recently have been ranked the third most popular hotel in Brooklyn out of 49 hotels...a pretty great accomplishment for being brand new.

It's guest like you that have helped catapult us to that success and we are thankful.

Look forward to your next visit,

Cheers, Paul

Reviewed October 25, 2012

I got a voucher from Groupon and tried it over the weekend. It was the best impulsive decision I've ever made.
The service is excellent, from the concierge to the bartenders at the hotel lounge( free drinks) seriously, free alcohol!!!! all night!!!!
Room service is to die for and very neat in terms of housekeeping. It's nice and quiet, you barely hear any noise...well the woman next door to me made it clear she was having the time of her life. But what are Hotels for...if you get what I'm saying.
The room was cozy enough, from iPod docks ( i forgot my charger for my iPhone, i didn't even need it anyways) to music coming from the ceiling. 24 hrs DJ in the lobby, you can request any song you desire and the DJ will play all over the hotel, even in the lounge. Smart TV on the wall, Netflix compatible. The bathroom made it hard to get away from, from vanity mirrors to stand in showers. Even the shampoo and soaps were out of this world.
Unlimited towels and complimentary drinks in the minibar!!! yes, COMPLIMENTARY.
The king size bed made it difficult to leave when it was time to part ways with BPM. I'll be back for sure, plus the subway station is just two blocks from the hotel. You get everything at your disposal.
All in all, this is one of the best up and coming hotel Brooklyn has to offer, and it's worth every penny!!!!!

Room Tip: Call ahead! it will be best to speak with the crew before booking
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Sienna8304
HotelBPM, General Manager at Hotel BPM Brooklyn, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2014

Hey Sienna8304,
I see you took advantage of our Groupon sale we had running. Keep in mind we are always match any rate you find anywhere. Lucky you I see you were even able to land a stay on one of our random open bar nights we do here at the hotel. We look forward to having you again with us as a BPM guest.