“Sanctuary in Brooklyn”

Hotel BPM Brooklyn
Ranked #40 of 72 Hotels in Brooklyn
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed October 15, 2012

My husband and I recently stayed @ the BPM after attending a concert at The Barclay Center.
It is a $10.00 taxi fare to the arena. The hotel is new and clean and extremely comfortable!.
The included breakfast was a lovely touch only surpassed by Angel(fodd&bev.mngr).His friendly and happy attitude made our stay even brighter. Enjoyed the Kuerig coffee in our room as well.
We will definetley stay here again on our next vist to Brooklyn!
Thank you to the staff!
Janet&Michael B.
Denver,CO

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank RatDog388
There are newer reviews for Hotel BPM Brooklyn

Reviewed October 15, 2012

We recently stayed at this hotel. Everything was great. We were in town for a concert at the Barclay's Arena, it was one stop away on the train. The staff was very pleasant and helpful, including those in the morning serving the breakfast. Overall great stay. Can't wait to visit NY again to stay here.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 11, 2012

I stayed here for the weekend of the Jay-Z concert (Oct. 6). I just love this hotel. Modern feel and the staff was great. The rooms are small but cute but this is NY. The bed feels so good it will rock you sleep. The shower is amazing and the products smell great (I normally use my own). They still have a few kinks because they are new but the way the staff welcomes and makes you feel it wasn't even worth mentioning. It is in a great location to stay if you are going to the Barclay for any events, subway nearby, cabs available, and on site and street parking (your choice). Plenty of places to shop and eat in the area if you like even late night after hours spots for food. I will definitely be returning my next visit to NY and I have recommended it to all my friends. You won't be disappointed with your stay.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank LetMeTellUWhy
HotelBPM, General Manager at Hotel BPM Brooklyn, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2014

Hello LetMeTellUWhy,
Thank you for choosing BPM Brooklyn and taking the time out to post a review about your stay and love reading that you loved our hotel. We look forward to have you as a guest with us again.

Reviewed October 9, 2012

I have been waiting for this hotel to open as I am a fan of DJ Bijal. I decided to stay when I went to see JayZ at the Barclay Center. The subway was 3 blocks away and 1 express stop away from the arena! If you are going to an event there, Hotel BPM is where you want to stay.

First, they have parking which is extremely rare! After walking into the lobby, we were greeted by a very friendly staff. Remember that you are in the NYC area, hotel rooms are not going to be enormous. We stayed in a deluxe double which was pretty spacious with a great minimalist vibe. The bright green headboards are a great touch! I have stayed in several Hyatt/Marriott/W hotels and this was one of the nicest bathrooms.
The beds are truly heavenly! I had such an amazing sleep.

After the concert, we were lucky enough to watch DJ Bijal himself spinning in the lobby. We had a drink in the lounge area while we enjoyed the music.

In the morning, we came down for the FREE breakfast. There were bagels, fresh fruit, and the hot entree was french toast! Did I mention it was FREE!!!!

For a hotel that just opened, this place is great and there seems to be more coming.
I am definitely staying here next time I need to stay in the city!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 8, 2012

Firstly I've read a couple of reviews that say that the rooms here are small......Seriously?? In my opinion the rooms are a good size.

I found this hotel online as an emergency replacement for the one I'd originally booked, and frankly couldn't be happier that I had to change my plans!! Hotel BPM is a "themed" hotel in so much that it's centered around the DJ/Nighlife culture but don't let that put you off, during my stay I saw people of all ages/social background. I wanted a nice clean friendly hotel within easy reach of Manhattan and I certainly got what I was looking for. 3 (very short) blocks from the D, N & R subway lines, it's a short journey to the centre of the city but far enough away to escape the madness should you so desire. As a solo female traveller I had no issues in the general area of the hotel, regardless of the time of day/night.

I'd like to see some facility for purchasing drinks in the evening (vending or cafe) and the lift could do with a serious "hurry up"..... oh and maybe a notice to ask other guests to be considerate of others as the people in the next room to me were utilising the ipod dock ALL night. But other than that there were no major issues that would prevent me from using this hotel again if it's still within my budget when I return to New York.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
HotelBPM, General Manager at Hotel BPM Brooklyn, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2014

Hello NixxMiff,
Thanks for the 5 star review! We agree on the room size we feel our smallest room is still large for New York, our only problem we strive for providing guests with so such comfort that we placed a King bed in our smallest room instead of a Twin which most hotels do. We think our single king is perfect for single travelers. You will be happy to learn that this summer we will be launching a new restaurant and bar in the hotel. We look forward to having you as a guest with us again.

Hotel BPM Brooklyn

Reviewed October 7, 2012

This is a great hotel for many reasons but the big thing is that the staff goes out of their way to help you. When my cab pulled up someone came out and greeted me and started to load up the luggage cart for me. This a little confusing for me thinking they had me mixed up with a VIP guest but the staff member told me they do this as a normal part of his job. I was very impressed. My room big for New York standards for very nice. The bathroom is very sexy with a glass shower and speaker playing music. I had ordered food and the delivery man forgot my silverware. The hotel was very quick with my request for a fork and even went a head and gave me some napkins along with it. The breakfast in the morning was very good however they have large tables that you share with other guests which was ok at first but ended up talking all breakfast with a couple from Brazil so that was cool. I guess that's the plan with the large tables for the guests to mingle with each other. The subway is very close and if you need a taxi is very fast. It arrived in about 10 minutes of me asking for one. Manhattan was about a 20 ride with some traffic downtown. They also let you leave your luggage for free if you have a flight later in the day. All and all great hotel with amazing service. A good recommend for anyone coming to New York.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed October 7, 2012

This weekend was the second time my friend and I stayed at BPM. All the staff are very nice, friendly and hospitable. We enjoyed our stay very much. Even though there is not much to do around the hotel, the subway is close by and convenient to get to. The free complimentary breakfast was a nice treat (shout out to Angel with the great service). Upon arrival, hotel staff were welcoming and made us feel at home. Jonathan at front desk was very friendly and took the time to answer any questions. The speakers in the bathroom were a nice touch. I would definitely recommend BPM to those looking for a trendy affordable hotel.

• Stayed: October 2012
HotelBPM, General Manager at Hotel BPM Brooklyn, responded to this reviewResponded April 14, 2014

Hello Slongo24,
Thank you for posting a review about your experience here at BPM and are very happy to hear it we a 5 star review and we look forward to having you and your friends stay with us again. Be sure to check our website for any events and specials we may be offering.