“Very Good!”

Cuisines: German
Montreal, Canada
“Very Good!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2012

Good Schnitzel and excellent selection of German Beers. Service was top notch very attentive and caring. Price was o.k. for value, Schnitzels for two incl. two nice cool beers and tip $60. Well worth the excellent quality.

Visited July 2012

Brooklyn, New York
“Great food, Crappy service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2012

Tried this place for the first time on Saturday night with some friends, one of which is German. She said this is the most authentic biergarten she's visited in BK so I had high hopes. But not for long!

We sat at an outdoor table since it was pretty loud inside. We are all non smokers, but there were several other tables of people smoking. Gross. I thought you couldn't smoke in places that served food? Clearly I'm mistaken.

Took a while to get the attention of a server. Once we got a menu thrown at us there was plenty to choose from. Food prices were a little high, but there was a good selection of beer and traditional German food. The food was delicious, but our order came out pretty messed up. The worst server ever's excuse was that the items we ordered we not in the computer. Say what? But they're on the menu? Non capisco. It took one of the kitchen staff coming out to ask us what it is that we wanted to get our order straight. He was very helpful and polite. Needless to say our bill was a complete mess. We were charged for all kinds of randomness. It really can't be that hard.

I would recommend this place for drinks and side orders ONLY. Otherwise it's just too pricey and complicated based on my one experience.

• Visited July 2012
Brooklyn, New York
“The real deal, a fun place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2011

This restaurant and beer garden is yards from an elevated highway. In a former life it was a service station. The new owners surrounded this place with an undulating perforated brick wall that seems to have been inspired by the Whitney Bilbao. Never mind, inside one finds an authentic German beer garden. One can sit on benches under huge umbrellas enjoying a variety of good German beers.
I would cal the menu German Bistro. The bratwurst i ordered was authentic, another time I had meatballs. There is also nice planting inside the fence so the atmosphere is pleasant. The place has a strong enough character and ambiance that it can overcome the drawback of being almost under the highway.
The service is always proper. Every time I have been there I came away with the feeling that It was worth it and will visit again.
I understand this is the offshoot of the original Loreley on Rivington Street in Manhattan.

• Visited September 2011