“Unique flavors of homemade ice-cream!”

Ample Hills Creamery
Ranked #1 of 128 Dessert in Brooklyn
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Very good homemade ice-cream with very unique flavors! Some seating inside and a couple benches outside on a patch of "grass". You can sample the flavors. Also can get half scoops which is a bonus when you can't decide between flavors! Loved it!1

Reviewed May 24, 2013

While visiting in New York, our host took us to Ample Hills Creamery for ice cream. Oh. My. Goodness. Can I take this place home? Or can they open a store in my town? All the ice cream served at Ample Hills is made in their kitchen. In fact, you can see the people in the kitchen through windows into the smallish seating area. The counter people are delighted to let you taste one flavor after another. I thought I had settled on a flavor, but the guy said, "Try this," and handed me a taste of something called Ooey Gooey Butter Cake. Holy Mackerel. Very hard to describe, but out of this world good.

Even after we had finished, I asked this same guy for a taste of a flavor I'd heard a lot about called Salted Crack. And he obliged, very politely. Salted Crack is a very interesting caramel ice cream with a salty flavor. It would probably be good alongside some other flavor to tone it down, but would take some getting used to alone.

If you live in Brooklyn or nearby, get thee to Ample Hills for a major treat. I suggest you go on a cold, rainy afternoon, like we did, so you don't face a long line.

1  Thank pfafftonian
Reviewed May 4, 2013

There's a reason this place is rated #1! Try the deep chocolate and/or (always prefer the "and") "Crack Caramel."

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Wonderful ice cream with a variety of flavors which change according to the seasons. Friendly atmosphere. You have a chance to see how the ice cream is made and to suggest new flavors.

Reviewed March 30, 2013

Ok so it wasnt cheap. Eleven dollars for a banana split but sometimes a nice local business with a good feel to it can be a bit cheeky and get away with it. I would normally have one to myself but ina moment of weakness agreed to share. A "gooey" base followed by a banana. three HUGE scoops of icecream (three different flavours of your choice - in my case banana, cookies and sweet cream, and mexican hot chocolate) whipped cream, hundreds and thousands, chocolate sprinkles etc etc.

It was huge and if assessed by dollars to weight (or calories !) was probably better value than most ice creams. We just about finished it (ok a small lie but we only left a small bit !).

My advice to visitors is dont eat for a few hours beforehand if you are going to attempt a sundae or banana split. Ok expensive but a rare treat.