“Great time in DUMBO with Dom!”

Made in Brooklyn Tours
Ranked #8 of 64 Tours in Brooklyn
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Made in Brooklyn Tours are neighborhood walking tours with a "Made in Brooklyn" theme. The stars of the show are crafters and artisans, individuals and small businesses makin' it in Brooklyn. Discover Brooklyn's Industrial Revolution and celebrate the creativity, ingenuity and entrepreneurial spirit of today's Brooklyn Makers. Tours are designed for small to mid-sized groups for an especially good time together. We walk at a leisurely pace and make frequent stops. No two tours are the same. See who's makin' it in Brooklyn!
Reviewed September 8, 2012

Dom was friendly, so knowledgeable, flexible and available prior to and following the tour! We are not big tour people but loved this unique tour. definitely would go back for another tour with Dom!

There are newer reviews for Made in Brooklyn Tours

Reviewed September 8, 2012

We had a great time on our Red Hook tour. Learned so much about the history of the area and it was such a treat to connect with the local businesses and manufacturers in the area. Highly recommend!

Reviewed September 3, 2012

We took the Williamsburg tour with Dom, and it was a wonderful experience. He's very knowledgeable about the neighborhood and has made many connections with local artisans and shop owners that resulted in special treatment wherever we went. The tour was a great mix of history, architecture, culture, and food. Dom welcomes questions and when he didn't know the answer to one of ours, he emailed us later that night with the information - talk about dedication! As a New Jersey native living in the suburbs, I've become a big Manhattan fan over the years and am just now beginning to learn more about Brooklyn - what a great way to get an inside view! I plan on joining Dom on more of his tours and may just work my way through all four!

Reviewed August 20, 2012

Dom is a native Brooklynite so has a bond with the borough scarcely seen in tour guides! He is extremely knowledgeable and versed in the history of Brooklyn and can tackle almost any question you throw his way! He is constantly changing and improving his tours to accommodate the array of customers that take his tour! Truly a Brooklyn Aficionado Dom not only met but exceeded my expectations. I took the Williamsburg tour. I will not give give away what we do on the tour because I'm pretty sure Dom likes the element of surprise...he will not let you down. I came on the tour expecting a long, boring walk through the streets of WIlliamsburg but Dom proved to have many tricks up his sleeve! I give him a 5 star rating and encourage anyone who is interested in the area to take the tour!

Reviewed August 7, 2012

I live in Brooklyn, but the borough is so big, and has so much history, that there is always more to learn. I did the Red Hook tour, and the port history we saw and talked about gave me a new perspective on the city. We also got access to many places that are normally closed to the public, as well as candid talks with local entrepreneurs.

Dom is a fun guy, and great tour leader.