“Superb pizza and ambience, reasonable price”

Forcella La Pizza Di Napoli
Reserve with OpenTable
Forcella La Pizza Di Napoli is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #601 of 5,391 Restaurants in Brooklyn
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Opened in 2012, Forcella crafts each pizza with style, grace, and top ingredients. It all begins with Caputo 00 flour and ends in a big, domed, wood-burning oven to pump out perfectly blistered, pillowy crusts like clockwork. The warm, rustic dining space is simple but comfortable, with a welcoming bar that offers a great view of the pizzaiolo performing his magic. You can create your own pizza with any number of fresh ingredients, or try one of their signature pies, like the Montanara, a unique house specialty that's fried, then decked with creamy fior di latte and slid into the oven for finishing.
Winchester
“Superb pizza and ambience, reasonable price”
Reviewed May 16, 2012

This was really a good find. Best in class pizza, good house wine ($11 per 500ml). Small intimate environment and attentive staff. Well done! Will definately return and recommend.

• Visited May 2012

Brooklyn, New York
“Delicious!”
Reviewed April 4, 2012

Went there with my parents this weekend and it was an amazing meal.

-The service was incredible
-Ambiance very pretty and clean
-Burrata - AMAZING
-Pizza Frite - delicious and like nothing I ever had
-Tiramisu - best I ever had

• Visited April 2012
San Diego and New York City
“Pizza Lovers Paradise”
Reviewed August 26, 2011

So in a city that has excellent pizza, Forcella is a standout.

Mmmmm....Forcella, just thinking about it makes me yearn for another trip to Brooklyn for their exquisite pizza. So yummy - we actually ordered one of the fried dough pizzas which was incredible. Simple margherita pizza but when each of the elements are perfectly prepared it comes together like a little symphony of tastes and textures. The fried dough was amazing, crisp and tender with a lovely chew and not greasy at all.

We also started with a croquetta and an arranccini - not sure I spelled either of those correctly but the potato in the croquetta was super tender and the arranccini which I've always loved was delightful - well balanced in the rice, meat, cheese and just a hint of tomato sauce. The appetizers are small so make sure you order plenty if you're hungry!

We also had a nice mixed green salad that also featured some sweet corn which was a nice change especially in the summer.

The dough was so good that we even ordered their dessert of fried dough strips with nutella. It was a bit of an overload on the dough but we figured we wouldn't eat fried food for the next week!

Also you can bring your own wine and their coffee is we were informed not very good so we passed :-(

I would heartily give Forcella 5 starts - food and service were great, but I'm taking off one star for the crowd. I like eating at all kinds of restaurants and am fine with hipster joints. I don't care what kind of eatery you're in, if you're in public and unless you're at the beach or pool, you should keep your shoes on.

When we first arrived we were going to be seated next to a table where this fellow had removed his shoe and had his naked foot on the seat next to him. The tables at Forchella are rather close so we would have had to sit mere inches from this guy's wiggling toes! We asked to sit at another table and our waiter told us he'd asked this rube 3 times to put the foot down and back in the shoe. I can only surmise that since they'd drank a few bottles of wine and looked like they'd only ordered very little food they were just too drunk to realize they weren't home.

Other than that, unless you're very claustrophobic, if you enjoy great pizza and a lively atmosphere you'll love Forcella.

• Visited August 2011
Ottawa, Canada
“Best pizza this side of the pond!”
Reviewed July 10, 2011

My husband and I stopped here (on our last day in ny) after reading a good review on one of the new york foodie sites that talked of their home-made mozzarella and the brick oven. I only wish we went sooner, because we would've gone here a few more times that trip! I felt it was worth getting tripadvisor to create a listing for them so that I can add this review.

our experience:
They were just setting the tables up for lunch, and the place was empty. They said the oven wouldn't be ready for another 15 but we opted to wait. The venue was clean with nice wood table/chair sets, gorgeous oven flaming in the cooking area. they had been open for three weeks.

we ordered two pizzas even though it was likely too much to finish. the margherita (home-made mozzarella, basil, tomato sauce), and a pizza bianche, with porcini mushroom, pesto, bufala mozzarella.

they brought us a delicious fresh salad 'for being patient while the oven warmed up'. It was a good size salad, and tasty, so I ate the entire thing and started worrying about ordering two pizzas. Then the pizzas arrived, about 12 inches, and it was heaven. We both agreed the margherita was the fav, though they were both exceptional. I'm getting hungry writing this review! That mozzarella, the pizza crust, and the tomato sauce flavour, all amazing. Comparable to pizza we had in Italy. We finished most of it and got the rest to go, but it lasted probably 30 mins before I ate the rest. I'm sorry about not ordering one of their dessert pizzas to go as well.

I'd highly recommend you go. it's so worth the drive to brooklyn, though I heard they're opening one in Manhattan this summer. If it was a two-hour drive or less, I'd do it for this pizza. Thanks Forcella! such simple ingredients done right, and it makes for some delicious pizza that we can't stop talking about.

• Visited July 2011