“great food and atmosphere”

Nick's Lobster Restaurant and Seafood Market
Reserve with OpenTable
Nick's Lobster Restaurant and Seafood Market is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #882 of 5,459 Restaurants in Brooklyn
Cuisines: Seafood
Description: Nick was a local fisherman, who docked his boat right here on Flatbush Avenue in 1955. Within a few years people would stop to buy fresh Lobsters and seafood right from the boat. Through the years the idea has grown to a successful restaurant, still in the family. With pride in the past we focus on the future. Our goal is to provide our guests with excellent service in a fun, casual atmosphere to enjoy the freshest Lobsters, seafood and ingredients around. We work with many local suppliers and aim to continuously improve Nick's Lobster House for another 60 Years.
Reviewed September 30, 2013

The filet of sole was delicious with linguini marinara. friendly staff.great atmosphere.
good prices.

There are newer reviews for Nick's Lobster Restaurant and Seafood Market

Reviewed September 16, 2013

come on Tuesdays and you can get second lobster for free!
they have seats outside which is nice if it's summer time of course)))).
i love this place.

Reviewed August 28, 2013

I've dined at Nick's many times as this is my mother's favorite restaurant. Usually I have a good experience and the food is decent. This is the first time I've been compelled to write about an experience here and unfortunately it isn't good.

Actually my most recent two experiences here weren't great. The last time my mom and I went I ordered steamed clams and although the ones I could eat were pretty good, many of them were so gritty and sandy then were inedible.

Today I went and ordered the seafood salad. It was advertised as containing shrimp, scallops,and calamari over a salad of romaine lettuce, tomatoes, and cucumber. The salad itself was overdressed (as per usual with Nick's) and there was a veritable POOL of salad dressing at the bottom of the bowl. I could have forgiven that if the seafood was good, but no such luck. I would have sent the plate back if I wasn't with my mother because she doesn't like me providing negative feedback so I shut up and dealt with it.

The salad did contain all the seafood they said it would. Shrimp (a total of 4. A decent size though), Scallops (a total of 2 large scallops but with a weird texture), and Calamari (a ton). The seafood had ZERO seasoning. It was completely bland. The shrimp were salvageable because of the cocktail sauce.

I'll be back because as I said, my mother loves this place, but in the future I'll stick with their broiled selections. Those seem to work better for me.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

Went to buy lobsters from the market and they were so overpriced it wasn't funny. They wanted $20 a pound!! They wanted $70 for a 3 pound lobster.

1  Thank RJ6486
Reviewed July 2, 2013

I love going to Nick's on Tuesday for their 2 for one special. The lobster is well prepared. The service is great. The price is right. The on water setting indoor & out is lovely.