“Nice Hotel”
Review of Pointe Plaza Hotel

Pointe Plaza Hotel
Ranked #25 of 73 Hotels in Brooklyn
Reviewed June 29, 2014

The Hotel is quite nice. If your are looking for neighborhood amenities (coffee shops/restaurants) there are not many to choose from within walking distance. The Subway is about a 7 block walk. The hotel does offer the free shuttle to Manhattan, but it is only one time a day at 9:30. My only suggestion would be to offer the shuttle at all times to the guests. The room itself was really nice and the staff was very nice as well. There is construction at the block in which in the hotel is located so at 8 am, it was none stop jack hammering, and it seems as if this construction is just beginning, so be aware of the noise that occupanies construction.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Julie W
Imam K, Manager at Pointe Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2014

Thank you for staying with us and taking time to write a review.
Yes, the construction next door was very annoying. We are sorry.
It has stopped since. No more jack hammer.

We are glad that you liked your room. with breakfast, Shuttle to Times Square and free WiFi
it is a great value.
We actually tried having Shuttle multiple times, our study showed 90% of our guests are going to Manhattan between 9 am & 10 am. So, we decided 9:30 am. Has been a hit so far. We will keep your suggestion in mind.
Thank you once again, hope to see you again.

Reviewed June 29, 2014

I think it was an excelent option to visit new York. Event though it is 10 kms far away from times square; it included a morning Shuttle every day. The price was excelent, confortables and clean rooms with a full kitchen.
The breakfeast was the only thing that Needs a little more options, was basically bread, cereal and fruits.
The service was very kind
I will Stay again in this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank humbert
Imam K, Manager at Pointe Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 29, 2014

Thanks so much for taking your time to review.

We are glad that you enjoyed your stay, and We hope to welcome you in the future, Upon your upcoming Visit to NYC.

Enjoy Your Summer!

Reviewed June 28, 2014

The room design, size, beds , and services were great. The noise and vibration from construction took everything to enjoy about the room away! The price that I paid on expedia was much higher than if I would had paid directly to hotel as a walk in. When I called expedia to explain the cost differences and other issues with room; they but me on hold to contact room after 50 minutes of this and the expedia supervisor verify my issues twice she hook up on me!!!

• Stayed: June 2014
Imam K, Manager at Pointe Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 28, 2014

Thanks Much for taking the time to Review.

We are really sorry to hear that you were bothered by the Noise from a Nearby Construction Site.

I'ts important to Point out, that the construction that was going on last week, is outside the Premises of the Hotel, so there's nothing that we can control. Nevertheless, we would be glad to switch your room to the other side of the building, so the Noise wouldn't be so loud.
Sorry about this ordeal.
Thanks Much!

Reviewed June 25, 2014

I only spent one night, my daughter lives in Brooklyn, I was very pleased with this hotel, It was very clean, the breakfast was excellent and the stuff was very friendly and professional. The airea is nice and quite, the cab to my daughter' place arrived in 5 minutes, it was $10 to Bedford avenue subway station.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Imam K, Manager at Pointe Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2014

Thank you so much for taking time to write a review.
We are happy that you liked our hospitality.
Since your daughter is so close to us, you have to be here frequently.
We are counting on that.
Hope to see you soon.

Reviewed June 25, 2014

We were here for 3 nights and they were very enjoyable ones. We felt safe in the neighborhood as it is predominantly an ultra-Orthodox Jewish community which has significantly lowered the crime rates in the area over the last decade. Our room (a suite) had a kitchenette (we called the front desk for complimentary plates and silverware) and 2 very comfortable double beds. We were able to control the temperature in the room adequately and the water temperature as well. A previous reviewer stated it took them a long time for hot water but that was not the case for us. The staff was very friendly and went out of their way to help us when we needed to quickly fax something spur of the moment. The parking area is secure but it is down the street about half a block. There's a subway station about 5-10 minute walk away depending on how quickly you walk.
It's also close to the Brooklyn Heights Promenade which has amazing views of Manhattan day or night. We went twice it was so awesome!
Negatives would be the complimentary breakfast. Yeah, it's free, but it's really a carb-overload especially so early in the morning. They'd do well to at least offer some yogurt. The only protein came in the form of hard boiled eggs and the rest of the offerings was some cold cereal, bagels, pasteries (not freshly baked) and fresh fruit.
Another negative was the internet speed. We tried watching some of our favorite shows on our iPad through Netflex but it frequently stalled for minutes at a time or completely froze the program.
All in all, we were very pleased with the hotel, the room, the staff and the location. If we're ever back in the City we'll definitely stay here!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Dream4Ev

Thank you for your vote of confidence.
We appreciate you taking time to write the review, I liked all your details.
You are right about the safe area.

Please stay with us again when you head this way, as you have mentioned.

Reviewed June 24, 2014

The hotel folks and room were all lovely, and the free parking lot was a great addition. My problem was the confusion with making the reservation. I was traveling with a group of 12 people, and 6 rooms had been reserved for our group. I made my reservation, explaining that another woman (I gave her name) would be sharing the room, and she would be making her reservation. My friend called the hotel, saying she was sharing my room. 1 or the 6 rooms was cancelled. When I arrived, and checked in, I said that my friend, giving her name, would be checking in later, and would be sharing the room. Said I was paying for 1 night, and she'd be paying for the 2nd night. I even left the 2nd room key for her. However, when she checked in, she was put in a 2nd room, and charged for 2 nights stay. 3 weeks later we're still trying to get this straightened out!

Room Tip: Make sure your reservation information is understood.