“Excellent value for money and very friendly staff”
Review of Pointe Plaza Hotel

Pointe Plaza Hotel
Ranked #25 of 75 Hotels in Brooklyn
Reviewed April 18, 2014

I have been meaning to write a review for a while, as I stayed here a couple of years ago now, in Easter 2012. I always usually stay in Manhattan but wanted to get a flavour of Brooklyn and had read up about the trendy Williamsburg /Hipster area, so stayed here for a few days. What a great find and really interesting too. Teh hotel is run by tradition Hasidic Jews but there were a variety of people staying in the hotel when I was there. I am an experienced solo traveller of the 'off the beaten track' variety and this hotel is an extremely safe neighbourhood, plus very interesting to be in a different culture too. I used the subway, think is was about a 10 minute walk and never had any problems.
My room was huge, combining a bedroom area, lounge/kitchen/diner and a fabulous bathroom with a great deep bath for soaking in. There were no utensils in the kitchen but I got some on request. The manager was extremely helpful, I'm from the UK and I think he'd studied in London or Manchester so we spent quite a but of time chatting.
Overall great value for money and interesting to stay in a different area to normal. Recommended!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank BristolBelle
Imam K, Manager at Pointe Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2014

It took you 2 years to complement us?
Just kidding.

Good to hear from you. It actually shows even 2 years later you remember us with every little detail.
We made an impact. thank you for that.
When are you coming back?
Please know that we are improved and eagerly waiting for your return.

Reviewed April 17, 2014

The basics were there . . . clean modern room and lobby, good and friendly service, comfortable bed, working safe, ample closet storage and all within a safe neighborhood (although a little distant from transportation and bars/restaurants). What they lack is in the details, for example pillows were horrible, towels small and cheap, operating the temp of the shower a pain, set up of room a little off and although we had a kitchenette, there were no plate ware, glass ware, silverware, pots or pans! So not understanding why they even have a kitchen in there lol??? We used our kitchen area as storage basically for our suitcases and etc. In the end my husband and I feel we would stay there again but we would also be open to looking at other hotels closer to some more tourist friendly restaurants, bars and shops. The neighborhood was a bit of a trip but again did feel safe and in a way kind of cool to see such a close knit community (Hasidic Jewish community), however we did feel like intruders at times, not in the hotel at all, but when walking around the neighborhood. All in all good value for the price.

1  Thank Tabitha H

Thank you for staying at Pointe Plaza Hotel. Appreciate you taking time to give us a review.
Your feedback is well taken and we look forward to improve.

As you mentioned, I will put up a sign in all our suites,
"POTS & PANS ALONG WITH KITCHEN UTENSILS ARE AVAILABLE. UPON REQUEST.
PLEASE CALL THE FRONT DESK"

You are right about the value & safety. Thank you for mentioning that.
Hope you come back to see our improvement.

Reviewed April 14, 2014

This is NOT a hotel to stay in for your vacation. The noise from the construction next to the hotel building and the traffic noise from the street cars around the neighborhood is unbearable!! It is not worth your money. Do not get trick by the nice photos of this hotel.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Imam K, Manager at Pointe Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2014

Thank you for your review.
I am sorry that there was construction noise at one point from the next plot.
In fact there is nothing to like about the noise. We hated that too.
There is very little we can do about what happens outside the hotel;
That construction was for couple of days and NYC traffic noise is part of our everyday life in NYC.

If as a hotelier anything we could do, we would.
I just don't think it is fair for you as a guest to blame the hotel and say
"Do not get trick by the nice photos of this hotel"
What is wrong with the nice photos?

Nonetheless, I hope you are having a better day today.

Reviewed April 10, 2014

Overall hotel is OK but concern for guest welfare & satisfaction rates about the worst I've experienced. On departure day (after 5 nights in hotel) I awoke feeling ill & requested a 2-3 hr delayed check out time. I was told I could have 1 hr but if I exceeded this, I would be charged the half-day room rate. I would never go back there again, nor would I recommend this hotel to anyone due to lack of staff & mgmt consideration. Bottom line appears to be strict adherence to policy and profit and no concern for the hotel guests they serve.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel for better guest service.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank j e s

Firstly, sorry to hear that you we're ill on your last day.

Regarding your complaint of Hotel Staff adhering to Policy.
I would like to clarify, that Check Out time Policy is in Place to assure That incoming Guest can have their rooms properly cleaned and set, for Prompt Check In.
You mis-characterized adhering to this policy as Poor Guest service. it's actually in Place to assure Prompt guest service.
Think for a moment, how you have felt, arriving to the hotel for check in, only to be told that you must wait 2-3 hours because a previous guest has delayed to checkout.

As you wrote, We did offer you a Free Extra Hour as a courtesy.

Wish you well!

Reviewed April 10, 2014

Not a better value in the New York area, close to subway, clean, grand accomadations, but most important a helpful pleasant staff, breakfast was great also. The neighborhood was safe and area very clean. They even recommended local pizza placed that were tasty and even delivered free. Bus service close by, decent taxi service, short ride to la guardia airport

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank Hefe123456

Thank you for staying with us and taking time to give us a review.
Special thanks for mentioning the VALUE.
We thrive on that. Our goal is to have happy guests who feel they have spent the money wisely.

We hope to see you soon and your endorsement will get stronger every time you sty here.
That's a promise.

Reviewed April 10, 2014

As soon as I walked in I was impressed with the tall ceilings and moderm look of the room. The bed was super comfu,big kitchen and luxury feel bathroom. The gentlemen at front desk was super nice! The only thing i wished was if parking they have could have been right next to the hotel. It like a block away not too far but It was raining and uncomfortable to carry the bags but at ease knowing my truck was secure. Overall would definately stay there again!!!!

1  Thank yani50

Your well thought of comments are appreciated.
I am glad you liked the Pointe Plaza Hotel and it's accommodations.
I also wish the parking was on premises.
You are always welcome to park in front "loading-unloading" zone to check in and drop off your luggage before you go to park your car.

We will be sure to mention that next time you are checking in.
Hopefully soon.

Reviewed April 10, 2014

Excellent on all accounts. My only complaint was beds were a little small. Top notch place with huge rooms and close to public transportation. Clean, well designed, with secure parking. In a Hasidic neighborhood that was very interesting to walk through. Highly recommend it, we will book again.

1  Thank Royor242

Well, it is not a secret anymore.
Thanks to you.

Thank you so much for your endorsement. You made our day.
How about we make sure you get a King Bed next time around?
Please come back soon, It will be our pleasure.