“Pretty much everything I wanted”
Review of Pointe Plaza Hotel

Pointe Plaza Hotel
Ranked #25 of 72 Hotels in Brooklyn
Reviewed December 9, 2013 via mobile

Hotel was great. Staff, cleanliness, and the overall feeling of hospitality would lead me to not only recommend it but it will be my first choose next time I stay in Brooklyn.

Everything with the hotel was great. Only thing was the taxi company they called for me on the two occasions I requested one...both times, the drivers spoke only Spanish. Luckily, Spanish is my first language but I could see how it may be difficult for non-Spanish speaking guests, especially when they're in a rush.

That's it. Loved the place! Me and my girlfriend had a fantastic time. Quick $10 cab ride to Willimsburg proper. Definitely recommend Brooklyn Bowl on Wythe Ave and Fushimi on Driggs. Have fun! Stay here!

• Stayed: December 2013
Imam K, Manager at Pointe Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2013

Thank you so much for expressing how you felt about our hospitality.
Honestly, reviews like yours keep us going and motivate us to go out of our way.
It was our pleasure to host you and we promise to live up to your expectations
whenever you visit us again. We appreciate you taking time to share your experience with all of us.

There are newer reviews for Pointe Plaza Hotel

Reviewed December 9, 2013

Very clean, everything works. Beds are cheap and very soft. Location has very few restaurants or amenities. The front desk staff were nice, efficient and helpful in getting taxis. While there are kitchens in the rooms and advertised, there is no cooking implements or dishes, cutlery. You have to request these items. I received a very gross cooking pot and frying pan which I dared not use.

Room Tip: This is probably best for Orthodox jewish travelers.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for taking time and sharing your experience at the Point Plaza hotel.
We are glad you commented on your stay and pointed our cleanliness and Hospitality. I apologize for any inconvenience you may encountered with the cutlery and I can assure you that this will not be an issue if you decide to stay with us again .
We appreciate your comments they will only help us to improve. Hope to see you in the near future.

Reviewed December 9, 2013

Our family of 5 stayed there 11/27-11/30/13. Upon getting to our room we noticed a smell of cigarette smoke. We were changed to another room right away without a problem. The front desk was always very helpful, the breakfast was very nice, the shuttle was a plus. The cleaning staff was wonderful. The whole stay was great. If we need to come to the area again we would definitely stay there.

Room Tip: We had room 401. There was no outside noise at all. It overlooks the alley but if you want quiet t...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Imam K, Manager at Pointe Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2013

Thank you kindly for taking time to acknowledge.
We are very happy to hear that you would like to come back.
Yes as you have noticed, we do offer some great amenities here , the complimentary continental breakfast and shuttle Bus to times square are just a few of the things we offer.
I hope you come back soon because we would love to have you and your family back.
Your return to the Pointe Plaza would mean a lot to us.

Reviewed December 9, 2013

My best friend and I booked the pointe plaza for 2 weeks as we were preparing for the crazy sales on black friday. Initially we booked a suite and upon arrival we realised it was too small. I decided to speak to the manager who was extremely helpful. He showed me a few larger suites and also helped us out with the price difference. Throughout our stay we were treated like royalty. The staff are extremely friendly and attentive. As mentioned previously we were there for 2 weeks yet the staff assistance and environment remained positive and energetic. Never once were we ignored or left unanswered. All our needs were met. The manager is a very professional and helpful gentlemen. He is one of the few down to earth managers I have ever dealt with. He was always ready to help and find solutions to even the most trivial of problems. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and plan on making the pointe plaza our new brooklyn home. I would highly recommended this hotel to anyone wishing to visit NY for whatever reason. it is seriously a lovely, peaceful and friendly friendly environment. It has my highest recommendation.

• Stayed: November 2013

It really put a smile on my face reading your review and I would like you to know that it is greatly appreciated! Your kindness motivates me and our staff to do our job.In your review you gave me one of the highest compliments a Manager can receive and I am forever grateful. Therefore, I thank you for being our guest and taking time let us know how your stay was.I was very glad to assist you and hope that you made the best of your shopping visit. It would be our greatest pleasure to welcome you back, whenever that may be, Please visit us soon. You will always have a home here at The Pointe Plaza Hotel.

Reviewed December 9, 2013

Paid for the corner top floor King suite but due to lack of heat and a strangely wet carpet I was moved to a incredibly smaller room. Never offered compensation or a change back for the next day. Staff were friendly and courteous. Don't think I stay here again. Upon check out I was offered an upgrade in my next stay. Oh well not a useful offer so I won't be stating again

• Stayed: November 2013

Hello and Thank you for offering us a Review. I would like to apologize for any inconvenience you may have encountered and I can assure you that this will not happen again . We are always trying to accommodate our guests the best way we know how and your comments will only help us to improve. If you decide to change your mind , the offer will still stand. Once again Thank you for choosing to stay at the Pointe Plaza Hotel.

Reviewed December 9, 2013

I stayed here for 160 w tax but was at least expecting it to look like the pics online. It was just ugly and sterile , the rooms. The neighborhood was terrible. I asked to be pointed in the right direction to walk for food, was told to walk 3 blocks up and make a right on Myrtle. There was no food for at least a mile down. I almost got jumped because I was two block from the projects. I was warned by the restaurant I ended up at to not be walking around after 7 (it was 10pm). I called a cab. Got back. Slept fine. The staff was helpful the next day. Checking my bags all day. Late check out. But it was just a bad experience over all. I would never go back to this hotel. And the continental bfast left much much much to be desired. The tiny gym was good for me to do what I do, but I'm a trainer. Anyone else would have a problem w one dumbbell for each set of dbs, a bench with no bar to press anything, and no other equipment but a treadmill. Terrible blah gross. Sorry but it just was

• Stayed: November 2013

Sorry to hear about your unpleasant overall experience at Pointe Plaza Hotel. As you can see from our other guests who stay with us they experience quite differently than what you have . Obviously your opinion matters and we will try to improve the controllable areas you have mentioned .

Reviewed December 8, 2013

The perfect place to stay: warm welcome, clean room, free wifi, beautiful view, excellent breakfast, safe place, ... Everything is perfect at the Pointe Plaza! I would definitely stay there again, even if the location is not central (10 minutes walk from the subway or free bus every day for Times Square at 9.30 am).

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends

Hello and Thank You for taking time out to offer us a review. It brings me great pleasure to see that you described our hotel to be Perfect , that is surely one of the biggest compliments we can ever receive. Here at the Pointe Plaza Hotel we are constantly striving for perfection and we make it our priority to accommodate our guests the best way we know how . I hope that you will be able to stay with us again soon ! Please know that you will always have a home here with us at the Pointe Plaza.