“The good was excellent but the stuffy atmosphere wasn't.” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #68 of 5,292 Restaurants in Brooklyn
Cuisines: International
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: this is the only Michelin star restaurant in Brookly. Its an absolutely amazing place.
Kinnelon, New Jersey
“The good was excellent but the stuffy atmosphere wasn't.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2014 via mobile

What a fantastic idea. Sit around a kitchen and eat dinner as the chefs prepare the food. Amazing ingredients and presentation. Delicious! 20 course dinner.

No Pictures!! The chef watches like a hawk! He serves the food and then stares at everybody and runs over and let's you know there are no pictures. I spent $1,000 on dinner for my wife and I. I should be able to take a freaking picture. Also there is no list of food you are eating. Most restaurants that serve 20 course dinners at this level let you take a menu home so you can remember what you ate.

Also the chef is making it a personal dining experience cooking in front of everybody. So he should be personable and talk or greet the patrons. He and the rest of the chefs kept their heads down until he wanted to make sure no pics were taken.

I love culinary experiences. This definitely was one to remember. But it could have been a lot better if there was a more personable owner/chef, a list of food you ate and if we could have taken pictures.

3 Thank frankiec112373

Brooklyn, New York, United States
“My best dining experience ever!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

My husband and I went to Chef's table Brooklyn Fare a few weeks ago for a routine date night. I had called the requisite six weeks in advance on a Monday morning at 10:00 to make a reservation. They actually had a date only a few weeks away that was relatively early that could accommodate us. I snapped it up. The only 3 Michelin starred restaurant in NYC was walking distance from our apartment. I was a bit squeamish when I realized how much it cost per person and actually tried to get out of the reservation. If you want to do so do it more than one week in advance because they charge your card 7 days prior. We went and it was worth it! My husband and I have taken advantage of NYC's amazing restaurants and had some great experiences. In comparison to some of our better meals, especially those very expensive ones, this topped the list. Only seats about 15 people, amazing service, cooked to perfection, not too rigid. It was ideal. Despite the cost, we talked about going back. Soon! It makes me only want to go their for special occasions and then the other time eat at those great cheap eats throughout the city. Any type of restaurant that's priced at the mid-point or high end just seems like a waste. It should only be Chef's table for special experiences and cheap eats all the rest of the time!

Visited February 2014
1 Thank Carmen B
Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa
“Exceptional sensory culinary experience!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2014 via mobile

An amazing trip into culinary perfection. .. 12 magnificent works of art served on exquisite Crockery each mouthful more explosive and exotic than last.... truly amazing food, flavours and and experience...concept is a once in lifetime bucket list experience. ...p only issue was formality and regulations imposed by stiff staff. .. NO PHOTOs or even Notes allowed to be taken
.highly recommended

• Visited February 2014
New York City, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Overrated”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2014

We celebrated my husband's birthday here. The food is ok (first few fish courses were great, but then the meal fell flat with average-tasting duck and unnecessary wagu -- stick to the fish!) The biggest detractor here is the Chef himself; way too much attitude. And as we were leaving , we heard him screaming obscenities at his staff because of a missing espresso spoon, which they later found on the floor.

Better service and foodie experiences at Blue Hill and Per Se.

• Visited February 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank NYCyum
Sydney, Australia
“First class dining experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2014

We ate over 25 tiny yet absolutely delicious courses, the first 15 or so of which were seafood. The wine list is extensive and it's wise to study it online before your visit.
The fixed price is charged to your credit card approximately 1 week before your reservation.
Joel was very helpful in assisting us make our reservation given that we reside in Australia.
We found the chef friendly and totally enjoyed the experience.

• Visited February 2013