“Great pizza under the Brooklyn bridge”
Review of Ignazio's Pizzeria

Ignazio's Pizzeria
Ranked #117 of 5,575 Restaurants in Brooklyn
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed September 16, 2012

We walked over the Brooklyn bridge and headed for Grimaldi's pizzeria but it was too hot to queue so we walked down the road to the bottom and turned right onto Water Street and tucked under the bridge was Ignazio's. We shared two medium 'The Pizza' with two different toppings between four of us and didn't finish it all! They were well cooked and delicious and good value for money and the beer was ice cold. If you can't face walking back over the bridge after all that pizza then just a short walk across the road brings you to the East River Ferry and the New York Water Taxi.

1  Thank Kim L

Reviewed September 8, 2012 via mobile

Just after your boat trip to Brooklyn side of the city,this is a big surprise that you can enjoy. From outside it looks like an average İtalian restaurant but when you start to taste the food it becomes an amazing place. You should taste Square Sicilian pizza but share woth your friends/family.

Reviewed September 6, 2012 via mobile

We are not big pizza fans but tried this one as grimaldis had a long line
Definitely best pizza ever and the stuffed mushrooms also had that write factor
Looked like you might normally have to line up although we were lucky as got in early

Reviewed August 31, 2012

I enjoyed Ignazio's. I ordered a medium pie with olives. It was very good, but I could only eat half. The service was very friendly and they quickly wrapped up the other half for me to take home. I felt very relaxed and at home there. I could have used a water refill and second napkin, though. I guess they were too busy! The price is a little high, but the food is worth it. It is cash only, but that is a slight inconvenience. I would recommend this restaurant and will return the next time I decide to leave Manhattan to go to Brooklyn.

Reviewed July 31, 2012

We took the subway to Brooklyn our first night in NYC. We wanted true NY pizza. After getting of the subway we had to ask a local for directions on how to get down under the bridge. The man we asked actually escorted us all the way to the restaurant with his 2 children. There was no wait when we arrived, but the place quickly filled up. We ordered a large pepperoni pizza. The sauce was excellent and the crust, thin, but also tastey. The only drawback was the price was a little higher than we were used to paying for a pizza. We enjoyed watching the joggers and families walking by on their way to the park close by. After eating dinner we walked down to the park for some amazing pictures of the skyline of Manhattan. The sun was setting, so this was an excellent place to be for pictures. After taking pictures we walked across the Brooklyn Bridge into Manhattan. I thoroughly enjoyed our evening and our experience at Ignazio's. FYI....cash only at this restaurant, so plan ahead.

1  Thank jbuffkin