“Amazing”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Traif

Traif
Ranked #104 of 5,320 Restaurants in Brooklyn
Cuisines: American, International
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Brooklyn, New York
“Amazing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2013 via mobile

The best dining experience I've had in Brooklyn! Very tasty, and well prepared food! Highly recommend going and ordering the Chefs Selection.

“Strange but fantastic!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2013

The menu is an odd assortment but I think there is something for everyone. I had the fried oysters and the scallops; very tasty. My GF had the duck and the pork and she enjoyed. The waiter suggested that we order 6 items but this was way too much food. I suggest 2 items per person.

• Visited December 2013
Hong Kong, China
“Quite an Interesting Dining Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2013

This was a very interesting dining experience. The food was creative and delicious. I suggesting going with a group of 4+ to taste a broad range of items they offer. The price was fair (not cheap) but worth the try for this interesting dining experience.

• Visited November 2012
Long Island
“Little dishes, huge taste!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2013 via mobile

We visited Traif on a Wednesday night; had a reservation in the outer room. We I arrived to join my party, there was no one in the place, but when we left, the entire restaurant was filled to the brim. Pretty good crowd for mid week, I'd say.

The food is presented in small sharing plates, with an emphasis on pork dishes prepared a lot of different ways. (Hence the restaurants name, which is Yiddish for "non-kosher.")

We opted for the tasting menu ($45) since it was our first visit and couldn't decide what we wanted. They will custom tailor the tasting menu to your tastes. Got to have the pork belly sliders, done. Don't like the buttermilk crusted squab? Done.

There were 9-10 dishes that came out... We lost count... But each one was more tummy than the last. I can't even tell you what most of them were; suffice it to say that if you go this way, with the chefs menu, you will definitely not be disappointed.

The location, in downtown Brooklyn is convenient to the Marcy avenue subway stop, and is somewhat non-descript from the outside... I walked right past if before I realized where it was located.

It's hard to really make a mark in NYC, but Traif has done it. We will be back.

“GREAT”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013 via mobile

Food was pretty yumm service was great nice place to eat . The wait to get a table was a few minutes. Waiter was attentive and fast. Chicken plate was juicy

• Visited October 2013