“Nicest, most unusual food I've ever had!”
Review of Traif

Traif
Ranked #121 of 5,575 Restaurants in Brooklyn
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed June 25, 2013

Love this place! Went twice on my last trip to NY and couldn't wait to go back. My favorites were the scallops with risotto and the salted shrimp. The pana cotta for dessert was also amazing! Great value considering the quality of the food. Little but too loud, but the delicious food makes up for it! If you're like me and didn't know how to get there, catch the J or the M train to Marcy Avenue. Only couple of minutes walk from there. Enjoy!

Reviewed May 9, 2013

I was on a work trip and staying overnight near Newark airport. As always, looked on Yelp for interesting food places and Traif was at the top of the list ... but far far away in Brooklyn. Played clueless tourist, and took a train-subway adventure to this place with no regrets!
Apparently, there is always a long line to get in but since it was just me I lucked out and managed to get seated at the bar right away. I just went by the pics on Yelp and knew that I had to end with the bacon donuts fo' sho'. This is a small plate-sampler type place - which I gathered just by staring at the plates being served to my neighbors. Ended up going with the pork belly dish & the scallops & risotto dish. Pork belly was yummy - reminded me of carnitas that's prepared with some crunchiness on the outside ... and fatty goodness on the inside. Scallops were cooked well, and risotto was good, but pork belly was definitely better "value".
Of course, the bacon, dulce de leche donuts were amazing and I pretty much wolfed everything down. My only negative - if you could call it one - is that I dished out 60 bucks inluding tip for just me and left still feeling a lil' hungry. Probably best to approach this place dim-sum style with a large group sharing LOTS of plates.

1  Thank ih17
Reviewed April 28, 2013

Foodie heaven! This is a great little place with terrific food! Small plates of varying types with terrific deserts! We had the sampler which gave us about 10 tastes plus 3 desserts...somewhat pricey for the amount of food, so not for those who want huge portions....right next to the Williamsburg bridge....little patio in back is nice but small...

1  Thank drjeff77
Reviewed April 17, 2013

We dined on a Tuesday night and had a great waiter and the food was super. However, I could hardly hear my wife as the noise level was much too high. We also sat near the "kitchen" and the traffic was quite distracting. Get a table outside if you can and the visit will be perfect.

Reviewed April 7, 2013

Fantastic place. Six of us at the table, we had the tasting menu. Just incredible food and service. Our waiter John also helped to make this a great experience with good service and recommendations, and his fun sense of dining. We can't wait to return.

1  Thank Stephanie C