“Convenient and clean”

The Missing Lantern
Ranked #42 of 59 Brooklyn B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 28, 2012

My husband and I stayed in the James Amistad suite. It was clean and well appointed. The only complaint I have is that we could not regulate the heat and it was HOT in there. Thank goodness there was a fan that we plugged in, which helped to cool us while we slept and drowned out any street noise. We live in a very rural area of Maine and are used to silence at night.
We felt very safe in this building with 4 coded locks to get in. The neighborhood seemed fine too. We walked from our son's apt. on Franklin back to our suite at 10 p.m.
Parking was an issue in the evening and not knowing what the nearly non-existant paint on the curb meant earned us a $110. parking ticket for having the nose of our car in a bus stop.
Missing Lantern is very convenient to the subway, too.
As long as our son stays in Brooklyn we will be back again another time!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Dona E

Reviewed March 12, 2012

I stayed at the missing lantern guesthouse for two weeks and I really enjoyed it. The suite was very spacious and very cozy. I had my own private kitchen and bathroom. Free Wifi and cable. The staff was great and very helpful. Although I checked in late, getting in my suite was a breeze. I would definitely recommend this place to others and I will definitely return to the guesthouse whenever I am coming to NYC.

Room Tip: Ask for the Tropical suite.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Juny P
Reviewed February 18, 2012

We booked an apartment here last fall, immediately when we got there we wanted to get out. Ther room was very dark, with dark furniture. And the room was in the middle of the night crawling with cockroaches. We compained and got an insecticide immediately. Staff was friendly, but not pofessional. We ended up sleeping with 3 people in 1 bed because of the roaches. Never ever again. The neighbourhood is rough, the local store on the corner ripped us off. Very bad stay.

Room Tip: Dont go here
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
6  Thank An J
Reviewed January 26, 2012

I had nice stay at the guest,the area was good.The room was better than i expected it was very warm and cozy.You would more likely to see me again and yes i would defenitly recommend this guest.

Room Tip: beautiful stay
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank jessica s
Reviewed January 26, 2012

I really enjoyed my stay at the wonderful missing lantern Guesthouse. I stayed in the new suite (9) which is the asian suite and it was amazing. I was shock to see how they decorate the room with chinese umbrellas in the ceiling and the colors were fantastic. I would definitely come again. The staff was excellent and ver helpfull.

Room Tip: ask for the Asian suite or the Blues room. Those two suites are amazing.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank BettyP602
Reviewed January 5, 2012

I really enjoyed my stay at the missinglantern. I had to check in late because of my flight and it was not a problem becuase it is sort of a self check in. Free Wifi and I had my on kitchen for two days with a nighborhood store right on the corner.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank Abington B
Reviewed November 28, 2011

It was kinda weird. We arrived at the address on the original email and there were signs up directing us to the appropriate address across the street and 10 doors down. And all locks were keyless with punch pads set to your home phone number. The room itself was really nicely done with hardwood floors, a small kitchen including fridge, and a bathroom with interesting decor. So needless to say, we loved the room.

The neighborhood made us a bit nervous and we are seasoned travelers. We didn't get hassled at all, so maybe it was just our perception. The distance to the subway was a bit of a walk, maybe 6 blocks, but a little intimidating in that area. The wait for the subway, we used the A line mostly, was always longer than expected.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends