“highly recommend! ” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Condor Hotel

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
The Condor Hotel
Ranked #6 of 70 Hotels in Brooklyn
“highly recommend! ”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2014 via mobile

When you pull up to the Condor hotel, you may think what the heck did I get myself into? When you arrive early, they let you unload from the front of the hotel and will put your things in storage till you can check in. You then realize you don't have anywhere to park the car. When you ask inside after paying $20 for the gated garage across the street. It's very convenient and across the street with a passcode to get in or out. As we arrived early we still wanted to go sightseeing. Asked Trevor at the front desk. He was great, have us all the info we needed. After leaving for couple hours, came back and checked in. They night guy was Great (wish I could got his name). He was superb also. Got to our room and it was beautiful! But twin beds, first night in years I didn't sleep with husband.
Beds were super comfortable, very nice almost pillow like! Loved the beds! The whole room is excellent! Yes it's kinda small, but it was enough room for 2. I highly recommend the condor to anyone!

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Linda C

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (191)
Williamsburg, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2014

For those of us that are not well acquainted with Brooklyn, we were very pleased to find & stay at the Condor. The facility is like new with welcomed features both down stairs (lobby, bright sitting area, nice private court yard surrounded by shrubs and comfortable seating) and the room (modern and clean bathroom and room). The staff were helpful and friendly. With all this, we found free parking right in front of the Condor as well. That alone is a big deal in Brooklyn. The neighborhood seems safe enough and the location is close a primary route and bridges. The breakfast included fresh fruit and the assortment of breads, eggs etc. that one usually finds in the larger hotels.

The only issues we encountered was a noisy AC but then again we didn't complain so can't blame the staff for not trying to fix. Also, we had a 3rd guest and didn't get the 3rd set of towels/ But that said, we'd stay there again without hesitation.;

Room Tip: Although the street was generally quiet, might ask for rooms toward the rear.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Woodland Hills, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2014

I was traveling to New York for work and was trying to choose between a few different hotels to stay at...really glad I chose this place. Location was a pretty safe neighborhood and had a car lot for $20/day. The feel of this place is more like a B&B, but with the amenities of a great hotel. The room was actually larger than I imagined it would be for a hotel in NY, and was very clean with a super comfy bed to boot. I appreciated the mini fridge and microwave for my leftovers. Nice showerhead and better than average toiletries that you typically see (it's silly, but for me, little things like that count). WiFi connection was good all around. The breakfast bar had a wide variety of yummies to choose from and everything seemed pretty fresh. Fresh coffee and warm cookies everyday at the front desk (woot!). But really, the staff working there topped it off. Everyone was super friendly and very willing to help - and it wasn't the fake kind of friendly. They were genuine, down to earth, and funny (thanks Mo and Jamie)! I would stay here again for sure!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank karmanitrate
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2014

I have been here in good times, in bad times. In sickness and in health. For better times, for worse. I can strongly say, if you need a good nights sleep with tons of awesome pillows, and crisp cold sheets, or maybe you want to soak your ills away in a giant tub……hell, you might even be romancing someone up in there! This is the place for you. My family and I have stayed in pretty much every type of room in this hotel. All of them are great. Extended stay, short stay, this place is a little slice of hip and affordable luxury. The staff is genuine, friendly, helpful and they seriously care about you as a guest. When I call to make a reservation I honestly feel like I am talking to a friend who knows what I need…..WHERE ELSE are you going to feel that way in NYC? Think no more. Book your room and ENJOY!

Room Tip: All the rooms are nice. The big rooms with extra amenities such as as kitchen, living room or the sm...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2014

This hotel is not right in the heart of the action in Brooklyn but it is only a $5 or $10 cab/Uber away. Close to Williamsburg, Green Pointe, Brooklyn - all the best spots for food and drinks but at a reasonable price. Rooms are slightly larger than the usual NYC shoe box. Our room had two large single beds with a small kitchenette and fridge. A large balcony and windows that opened. Ah, fresh air. And quiet too, in the city! In the morning you can have a cup of tea on the balcony and read the newspaper and not feel like you are in urban hell. It is a family neighborhood so no trucks and horns blasting all night. Close to the freeway and very handy to LaGuardia, only $30 for car service booked by the front desk. Free continental breakfast i the courtyard, free wi-fi that actually worked, free newspaper each day, free coffee in the lobby 24 hours. Simple, plain, clean and effective. All for a reasonable price. Usually $50-$100 per night cheaper than other hotels a mile away. Everything you need when you come to New York and will be spending most of your time out and about. There is a large Orthodox Jewish community in this neighborhood so it is more residential and quiet - almost suburban. Safe to walk around at night and quiet in the evening. Best part, the staff were great too! So friendly and helpful no matter what we needed. They let us check in a bit early, gave us an hour late check out as our flight was delayed and then they minded all our extra luggage in their storage room for no charge so we only needed to take one suitcase upstairs. Helped us with cabs, directions, eating suggestions. Nothing was a hassle no one was rude or disinterested. All nice regular folks who know how to do their job. This place is not in a hipster part of town or a swanky, cool, luxury hotel but for $50-$100 a night less who needs it? This hotel is real NYC as far I am concerned. We will be back for sure.

Room Tip: The rooms on the ground floor can be a bit noisier than the upper floors. But the back room on the g...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Meyzee
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2014

I can't remember how many times I have stayed at the Condor although, I can tell you it will not be my last time. Each and every time I arrive I arrive it is a pleasant experience. This particular time I brought a co-worker with me and he conveyed the same sentiments.We were greeted by Mo at the front desk and she welcomed my co-worker as if he had been there before. "The hotel was so comfortable" he told me on the way back to Philly. I thank you for not changing what makes you great!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
      Sleep Quality
Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2014

Would highly recommend this hotel. Friendly and very helpful staff, close to subway very comfortable beds healthy breakfast quiet area noise wise ..adored the fresh baked cookies at the front counter each day .

• Stayed July 2014