“Nice and confortable”

Ranked #10 of 71 Hotels in Brooklyn
Cancun, Mexico
“Nice and confortable”
Reviewed March 27, 2014

This Hotel has been a great choice for us since we spend a lot of time in Brooklyn, because the main purpose of our trip is to visit our daughter that studies at Pratt Institute. Condor hotel is walking distance from Pratt and from other important schools in Brooklyn.

We stayed for 7 days and during our stay personel and service were always very nice. Rooms are confortable and breakfast is more than enough to begin your day.

I definetely will go back.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
David-CondorHotel, General Manager at The Condor Hotel, responded to this review, March 30, 2014
Dear Rosa,

Thank you for your feedback! I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. My staff and I really enjoyed your company and hope that you are safe and sound back in Cancun!

All the best,

David Margolies

P.S. For our BEST rates and PROMOTIONS be sure to book DIRECT!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (196)
Durban, South Africa
Reviewed March 25, 2014

The Condor Hotel is the place to stay if you are looking for an awesome and decent spot outside of Manhattan. The staff were amazing and by day 2, felt like old friends. Nothing was too much trouble and they were always there to help or offer a freshly-made cookie at the end of a long day! The rooms were spacious and well equipped with all the amenities needed when travelling. The area itself was safe to walk through, day or night, with the nearest Metro less than 1km away. Getting around the area as well as to Manhattan was fairly easy once you became familiar with the subway lines. I would definitely stay there again, if not every time I visit New York.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank VeeVisagie
Dear VeeVisagie,

We are honored and humbled to have been able to host you all the way from South Africa! Thank you for sharing your experience with us. My entire staff and I are so happy to know that you felt we put in a whole lot of effort to make you feel comfortable during your stay. This is one of the ways in which we try to separate ourselves from so many other hotels.

We hope to see you again soon on your next trip in!

David Margolies

P.S. Don't forget to book DIRECT for our best rates and Promotions!
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed March 24, 2014

If you need a hotel in New York or Brooklyn then put this one on your list. It is in a small neighborhood and the rooms are very well appointed. The lobby is what you would expect in a small local hotel but the rooms are better than the big name chains. The management is great. In my first stay they knew my name and were always very friendly and helpful.

1 Thank Chris W
Dear Chris,

It was a real pleasure getting to know you and spending time with you. I am glad to see that you are becoming a Condor regular! We really enjoy seeing you and hope to continue seeing you in the near future.

Good luck on your projects in Brooklyn!

David Margolies

P.S. As you already know our BEST rates and Promotions can be found by booking DIRECT!
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 24, 2014

This Hotel has been a great choice for this trip to New York.
As we we planning on spending a lot of time in Brooklyn, we decided to go for a Hotel there.
Best thing about this place is the personel and the service. Everyone is super friendly and helpful.
The neighborhood is very safe, both at night and during the day.
If I had to call out one negative thing, it'd only be the fairly long distance to the next metro station. It's a little bit of a walk to get there, but one the station is reached, the train takes you into Manhattan extremely fast.
Great place, will definitely stay there again!

1 Thank LauraBu5
Dear LauraBu5,

Thank you so much for taking time out of your bust day to share your experience with us! I am delighted to know that we met your expectations fully. My staff and I are fiercely devoted to creating a 5 star experience for each and every one of our guests. I am glad that our efforts paid off!

Until next time,

David Margolies

P.S. For our BEST rates and PROMOTIONS make sure to visit The Condor Hotel website directly!
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed March 22, 2014

stayed here for 2 nights and everything was satisfactory. Nothing to complaint about. Don't expect any help with luggage though. Overall the stay was pleasant. Parking across the street with in/out privileges was reasonably priced. Air Condition was a bit dated but all heaters make noise right?

Nearby restaurants with many choices.

Room Tip: higher floors if possible
1 Thank occasionshucchou
David-CondorHotel, General Manager at The Condor Hotel, responded to this review, March 23, 2014
Dear Aweiys,

We had such a pleasure hosting you and your friend during your recent visit from Beijing. I am glad to know that through all of your traveling and reviewing you felt our hotel was satisfactory and have "nothing to complain about!"

I am shocked to hear that you weren't helped with your luggage. Our front desk staff is of the best in the NYC area and offer their all to each and every guest who walks through our doors. I have never heard of such a complaint. This seems to be an isolated incident. As you can read in many many reviews our staff bends over backwards in every way possible for our guests. However it seems as if we fell short during your check-in. I am sorry for that. We can do better!

In regards to our a/c heating unit, these are of the best in the industry and are known to heat and cool rooms extremely quickly. We would have loved to know about the issue with your heater during your stay so that we could have run to find a solution. We definitely could have switched you to a room!

I want you to experience a 5 star experience like all of our guests come to expect. Please reach out to me directly at 718 526 6367 or manager@condorny.com so that we can discuss this further. I am confident we can deliver nothing short of 5 stars on your next visit in!

However I am very pleased to know that aside from these two incidents you noticed our efforts and modern accommodations and felt that you had no complaints. This is what we work so hard for.

We are eager for your return,

David Margolies

P.S. For Our LOWEST RATES & LIMITED TIME PROMOTIONS Visit The Condor Hotel Website Directly!
La Roda, Spain
Reviewed March 18, 2014

The staff make you so confortable! we´ve stayed in a business travel, we arrive so tired, and the reception was so nice, polite and confortable. Also, they kept us our baggage all day til we depart at 5.p.m. Very nice experience, sure we´ll be back!

Room Tip: I put Swimming pool average cause I didn´t try, and in the restaurant I ate only the breakfast
1 Thank jose carlos g
Dear Jose,

My staff and I are so happy that you left here with only the most positive things to say. My team and I give our all to every single guest in hopes that you all experience such positivity. It sounds like you really appreciate our free luggage storage service!

Looking forward to your next visit. Viva Espana!!

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed March 17, 2014

Here's the good:
--Upon arrival, I was impressed with the size of the room and the newness of the decor/amenities. Nothing too fancy, but very nice. The twin beds in our room were comfortable.
--The staff at the front desk was always pleasant, day and night.
--There were fresh-baked cookies in the lobby - a nice touch while waiting for Uber.
--The breakfast was a lot bigger than I would have imagined - reminded me of small European hotels a bit.

The not so good:
--I'm not sure why this hotel is so highly reviewed - it's pretty much in the middle of nowhere. It's not, as one review lead me to believe, within walking distance of the heart of Williamsburg. Ok, maybe it is, but it's not the Williamsburg you were hoping for - with the boutiques and the restaurants, etc. That Williamsburg is about a $10 taxi ride away.

--Our room was never freshened up for our 2nd night, even though we were gone from about 11am to 4pm and the housekeeping staff was right outside our door. That's a pretty big miss in my opinion.

--Other minor details: the heater was VERY loud and without it, the room was too cold, so it was necessary to listen to it.
--The tv remote didn't work or the batteries were dead. Not a big enough deal to fix, we were too tired to call the front desk. This was a first for us though.
--The views are not really something you'd write home about.

In conclusion, I can't imagine staying here again unless I had business within the walking distance. But, if you do, it's an affordable option I suppose. Just not my kind of location for a vacation/business trip - too far from anything I was in Brooklyn for (music/style/food/art).

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
5 Thank avideno
David-CondorHotel, General Manager at The Condor Hotel, responded to this review, March 26, 2014
Dear avideno,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I am delighted to read all of the unbelievably positive things you experienced with us. However I am disappointed to know that not everything was up to your standards. So that you understand how much thought I put into your experience I want to share some point by point feedback for you!

One of the reasons we are so highly rated is because we are centrally located to so many parts of Brooklyn and Manhattan without being stuck smack in the middle of the crazy and loud bar scene. We do not allow parties and encourage very quiet evenings. However we are just around the corner from some of the best restaurants in the greater NYC area (as you can read from some other reviews). We also have some really great bars. Alternatively we are several blocks from the subway or about an $8 cab ride to the other parts of Williamsburg should you decide to check those areas out.

In regards to your room not being cleaned, this is unacceptable on our part. We are known to be one of the cleanest and most modern hotels in NYC and Brooklyn. Thanks to our great operations manager and housekeeping team. Sometimes when guests put the "please clean room" sign on the door, it accidentally flips when the guests close the door. If it flips to the Do Not Disturb sign then we take that request very seriously as many of our guests travel from afar and dearly need their sleep. However at any point during the day you can feel free to call the front desk to send a housekeeper up to clean your room or bring ice or towels etc. Whatever you need we are here for you!

We have a very advanced A/C and heating system which heats and cools the rooms in record time. However for light sleepers we also offer a white noise machine for free. All you need to do is ask the front desk. With the quiet nature of the neighborhood at night guests have expressed that we are quieter than all the other hotels they have been at. I am sorry that you did not experience this and would love the opportunity to prove your experience otherwise!

We test each and every remote during cleaning as well as during our post cleaning inspections. It seems as if we either missed testing your remote or your remote stopped working at some point during your stay. However we are equipped to handle this issue at any time during the day or not as we have numerous spare remotes and batteries for you.

We have balconies in 33 of 35 of our rooms but NEVER advertise views. Some rooms have views but some do not. We would hate for a guest to expect something we can't guarantee. Now that the weather is warming up I can assure you that you will enjoy your balcony...even without a view! It's real nice to get a breath of fresh air. Plus we have a beautifully maintained garden in the back of our hotel.

We'd love the opportunity to turn this 3 star experience into a 5 star experience. We know we can! Please contact me to discuss this further. It was nice to see that you did experience some really amazing things during your stay though! I can be reached at 718 526 6367 or manager@condorny.com. You deserve better and I know we are fiercely committed to delivering this.

All the best,