“Great Customer Service” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #6 of 70 Hotels in Brooklyn
Boston, Massachusetts
“Great Customer Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2014

I stayed here to attend an event at the Barclys Center. Jonathan at the front desk was great in showing us the cool places to attend and making sure we were well accommodated. The hotel itself is small but very nice. Everything is modern and they have a pretty decent breakfast spread. The thing that made them 5 stars actually happened after I left. We were in a big rush to leave and I left my very expensive sunglasses on the desk in my room. I called and Jonathan not only had them, but offered to ship them back to me in Boston. Overall a great experience.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
David-CondorHotel, General Manager at The Condor Hotel, responded to this review, February 7, 2014
Dear Maxz89,

It sounds like you had a blast at the event at Barclay's Center. I was actually just there for a Brooklyn Nets game. Really awesome arena. I am glad that we were able to locate and ship your sunglasses back to you.

Enjoy being back in Boston. We hope to see you again soon.

David Margolies

P.S. For our BEST RATES and PROMOTIONS make sure to visit The Conor Hotel website directly!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (191)
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2014

Everything from the hotel to the staff were absolutely amazing! I look forward to frequently staying at the Condor. My wife and I really enjoyed the location and the breakfat. The Condor is perfect for anyone looking to stay in a contemporary, chic atmosphere close to everything Brooklyn has to offer..

• Stayed January 2014
Dear GSmith79,

Thank you so much for taking time out of your busy day to share your experience with us. My entire staff and I are delighted to see that you and your wife's expectations were fully met! I hope you enjoy being back home in Baltimore. We can't wait to see you again soon!

Stay Warm,

David Margolies

P.S. For our BEST RATES and PROMOTIONS make sure to visit The Condor Hotel website directly.
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2014

My husband and I had a wonderful stay at the Condor Hotel. We had boxing tickets at the Barclay Center and this hotel was very convienent. Our room was very clean and the staff was very friendly and helpful. Trevon helped us checking in and also helped us get to the right train to the Barclay Center. Mo helped us at check out and was extremely friendly. You have a wonderful staff. I would recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
David-CondorHotel, General Manager at The Condor Hotel, responded to this review, February 5, 2014
Dear Lisa W,

It was a pleasure getting to know you and chatting even more after you left us. I appreciate your kind words about our hotel which you expressed to me. Tevon and Mo are particularly excited to see their names being mentioned.

We are all so grateful that you chose our hotel for your recent visit to Barclay's Center. We are eager to see you again soon!

All the best,

David Margolies

P.S. For our BEST rates and promotions please visit The Condor Hotel website directly.
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2014

My friend and I booked a weekend stay at the Condor as part of a package deal. We were swayed by its #1 ranking for Brooklyn hotels. The hotel did not meet our expectations. We didn't feel very safe in the neighborhood and didn't find the hotel to be conveniently located to shops or transit. I would rank the hotel as a solid 3 star, the breakfast was pretty poor and the rooms weren't cleaned thoroughly. Intermittent WiFi service.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
3 Thank danannex
David-CondorHotel, General Manager at The Condor Hotel, responded to this review, February 3, 2014
Dear Ms. Engle,

My staff and I are extremely grateful that you spent your weekend with us. I am unbelievably disappointed that your recent stay did not meet your expectations, as we try very hard to deliver the most memorable experiences. However I do appreciate our conversations this afternoon discussing your stay. I always encourage guests to bring up any issues they may have, during their stay (as opposed to after they leave) so we can fix it immediately and provide a perfect experience.

I would like to respond to each one of your important points individually:

1. Neighborhood- Although we can't control much about our neighborhood, guests from all over the world are flocking to Brooklyn and the Williamsburg neighborhood of Brooklyn in particular. This is because Williamsburg is one of the most dynamic and diverse neighborhoods in the entire NYC area. Our specific street and surrounding streets are known to be a very safe, tight knit, family community. As you can read in previous reviews, guests find our hotel and neighborhood to be very safe. Although for a visitor from outside of New York, I can completely understand why NYC can be viewed in a cautious way. You did mention that we are not located in the middle of a lot of shops and restaurants. You are absolutely right. We are situated in a neighborhood which gets very quiet at night. We do not have the loud nighttime traffic (foot and car) and rowdy bars on our street. However if you want an amazing selection of restaurants, bars, activities, site seeing etc. this starts from just half a block away. Our front desk staff knows everything about how to make your stay enjoyable in Williamsburg!

2. Breakfast- We have only gotten the most positive feedback about our breakfast. However we are always looking to improve. After looking at many other hotels we decided that we wanted to go one step above for a continental breakfast. Not only is our breakfast room 3-4 times the size of other hotels but we also offer what we have been told by guests to be a wider variety of foods than they typical see at a continental breakfast. I will await further details from you in e-mail as to what you feel we can do to improve our breakfast even more!

3. Housekeeping- I am shocked to hear that you did not feel your room was adequately cleaned during your stay. We have a full team of highly trained housekeepers who are very flexible in addressing guests' concerns. You did mention to me in e-mail that there was a meal that was NOT thrown out by the housekeeper who cleaned your room one day. We advise our housekeeping team that if they are unsure if something should be thrown away or not that it would be better to leave it not thrown out. We wouldn't want our guests to find a fresh meal thrown out if they in fact didn't finish their meal yet.

4. WiFi- We are proud to offer free high speed wireless Internet as well as a Data Port and a guest computer (with Internet access) for all of our guests during the duration of their stay. As you can read in many other reviews, we get very positive feedback on our WiFi speed. This is the first I am hearing of such a complaint (as we just upgraded our entire system to be even BETTER) so please accept my apologies. I am still awaiting your response via e-mail so I can determine if this is an isolated issue or not.

We value your honest and detailed feedback. This is how we grow and improve.

We all hope to see you again soon as we know you will have a better stay next time!

Looking forward to chatting with you further.

Marathon, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2014

Very clean, great service and comfortable bed. Will definitely go again. Staff was very accommodating in every aspect. I loved the modern appliances in the rooms and bathrooms. The hotel rep even greeted us with fresh chocolate chip cookies and keurig coffee.

• Stayed January 2014
Dear Onmestilettos10,

I must jump straight to the Keurig comment. I bought this just 2 weeks ago so that our guests who come in from the cold can choose from 15 different flavors of hot, fresh coffee, hot chocolate and teas. I am personally glad that you enjoyed this free perk (along with our fresh baked cookies).

It sounds like our staff did a great job making you feel comfortable! Also, it sounds like you really appreciated our modern accommodations.

We are excited to see you again soon.

David Margolies

P.S. For UP TO 20% OFF and limited time only Trip Advisor PROMOTIONS be sure to book at The Condor Hotel website directly. All you need to do is search your dates on our site and the promotions will automatically show.
McLean, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2014

Midnight and at all fights cancelled out of JFK and as a result, all airport hotels booked. My wife remembered a mention of this hotel by a neighbor and she immediately called. A young man named Trevon answered and she said he was so very friendly, accommodating and helpful and she booked a room for me. I arrived and was pleasantly surprised by this Boutique Hotel in Brooklyn and Trevon's friendly demeanor. If you find yourself in the neighborhood, do drop in.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Dear Visiting612,

I am sorry that your flight got canceled. However we are delighted to know that you found a comfortable place with us until the next flight out.

We hope to get the opportunity to see you again soon on better terms. Thank you for your detailed review.

Thanks again,

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2014

Price and location great, Staff helpful. Spacious clean room. Just a few blocks from the subway. Lot's of neighborhood shops and eating places. Plus a continental breakfast. Probably going to be my "go-to" place when I'm in Brooklyn.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
David-CondorHotel, General Manager at The Condor Hotel, responded to this review, January 28, 2014
Dear jrlexjr,

Thank you so much for staying with us and for taking time out of your busy day to share your wonderful experience. It sounds like our hotel was a perfect fit for you, particularly the room rate, location, staff and complimentary continental breakfast. I am very proud to know that we can expect to see you in the future again!

Thanks again,