“Lovely gem of a hotel in a fun neighborhood.”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of The Condor Hotel

The Condor Hotel
Ranked #8 of 72 Hotels in Brooklyn
“Lovely gem of a hotel in a fun neighborhood.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2013

Great decor. Lovely lobby and garden. Handsome rooms with comfortable beds. Rooms with high ceilings. Especially like how clean and new it feels. Plus Williamsburg is a fun neighborhood to explore. Just don't like the New York prices.

• Stayed September 2013
David-CondorHotel, General Manager at The Condor Hotel, responded to this review, October 6, 2013
Dear Sherriemarcu,

We had a blast with you on your recent visit to NYC and Williamsburg and can't wait for your next trip out here. It sure sounds like you enjoyed a plethora of features at the Condor including the decor, lobby, garden, rooms, beds, high ceilings and industry top standards of cleanliness.

Williamsburg is a blast. I am glad you enjoyed it and utilized our front desk staff to guide you to all the best restaurants and attractions.

Be sure to book direct next time to receive our best rates and promotions. You can find these at www.condorny.com or by calling us directly at 347.960.6423.

Thanks again for sharing such valuable feedback.

David Margolies

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (194)
Edinburgh
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2013

From arrival to departure the staff were very attentive, thoroughly helpful and friendly. Rooms and facilities were clean and at a massive discount to Manhattan this place is a steal! Despite being a bit out the way from transport links it's very easy to get around by either taxi or the citibikes parked at the end of the street. Brooklyn is a great place to base if you want out of the hustle and bustle to rest your head.

Dear travelleritus,

My staff and I are delighted that we had the opportunity to spend some time with you on your recent visit to Brooklyn. I am really happy that our industry high standards of cleanliness met your expectations. I am also glad that our super competitive rates allowed you to enjoy a comfortable, quiet, high-end stay for less than comparable hotels in Brooklyn and Manhattan. It sounds like you had a blast and you noticed how accessible our location is to all parts on Brooklyn & NYC.

We can't wait for you to return again. Be sure to book direct for our best rates and promotions by visiting our website www.condorny.com or by calling us at 347.960.6423.

Thanks for sharing your valuable feedback.

Chevy Chase, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2013

I chose The a Condor, because it was close to the campus of Pratt, where my daughter hopes to go to college. The hotel is small, funky, and very appealing. We were greeted warmly, and upgraded without asking to a lovely suite. The desk clerk gave us street parking advice and was very knowledgeable about the neighborhood.
The room was lovely and our upgrade gave us a kitchenette. My only gripe would be that the microwave smelled of burnt popcorn! But that is an issue in my own house!
Good continental breakfast, too.
So, if my daughter gets into Pratt, this will be my home away from home!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
David-CondorHotel, General Manager at The Condor Hotel, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
Dear Kfoleymd,

Thank you for choosing our hotel on your recent visit to Pratt. We are the closest hotel to Pratt and get a lot of their amazing visitors. We all hope your daughter gets accepted so we can see you more frequently!

I am very glad that you were greeted warmly and found free street parking just across the street. Just to point out by the way, ALL of our rooms include kitchenettes at no extra cost! I am delighted to see that you enjoyed this very uncommon amenity. Breakfast was recently upgraded due to our guests speaking to us during their stays and offering some great suggestions. We always learn most from our guests while they are hear in the hotel.

Thanks again for sharing your experience with us!

All the best,

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2013

I enjoyed my stay at the Condor. The front desk clerk (I believe his name was John) was very pleasant and kind. The rooms smell clean and fresh. My only complaint would be that the beds were small and on the firm side. The area surrounding the hotel was a quiet Jewish community and it was about a mile from downtown Brooklyn. My average cab fare was $13. I would stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank Miss_esquire
Dear Miss_esquire,

Thank you for your important feedback. MY staff and I (especially John!) are very happy you enjoyed your stay and rated your experience 5 stars. Our housekeeping staff does a phenomenal job. I am glad your room smelt clean and fresh! Regarding the beds, we get non-stop compliments on our beds and bedding so I would need to learn more about this. Please contact me directly to discuss further. You can reach me at 718-526-6367 or manager@condorny.com.

It sounds like you appreciated the safety of our location and the quiet area. I am glad.

Be sure to book again direct next time at www.condorny.com or 718-526-6367 for our best rates and promotions!

Thanks again,

Somers, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2013

I knew nothing of Brooklyn when we booked a stay for a recent business trip to NY. Everything from the front desk to the room was great. On our first night we checked in really late and the gentleman at the desk recommended a terrific restaurant within walking distance -- he called several places to make sure they were open first. The rooms were very nice with little balconies -- not a regular thing in the city. Free breakfast was great and we had a short walk to the subway for our Manhattan commute. Our luggage was stored gratis for 1/2 day while we walked to a great neighboorhood in Williamsburg to eat and shop on our last day there. And, our stay was about $200+ a day cheaper than my usual stays in Manhattan. Would definitely stay there again, although I wish there was fitness center onsite. But, did I mention the delicious chocolate chip cookies at the desk...

2 Thank kelgia
Dear kelgia,

My staff and I greatly appreciate your feedback. We are delighted that you had such an enjoyable stay. We work real hard as a team to assure this. We are currently brainstorming ways of building a state-of-the-art fitness center. Stay tuned!!

We hope to see you again real soon. Be sure to book directly at www.condorny.com or 718-526-6367 for our best rates and promotions.

Thanks,

Condor Hotel
Venice, Florida, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2013

We came to NYC a few days prior to a New England cruise to do some sightseeing. Manhattan hotels were anywhere from $100 to $200 more a night so we elected to stay in Brooklyn. Good hotel, very clean and organized and the staff was very friendly and accommodating. We loved the hotel, but the location is not so great. It's in a nice neighborhood but there are no stores or groceries in the immediate area and the walk to the closest subway station was about 15 minutes away. I'd say for the price it's a great deal, but you have to sacrifice the location for the price.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
David-CondorHotel, General Manager at The Condor Hotel, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Hi Butch,

Thank you for choosing with us on your recent visit pre-cruise! We really enjoyed your company. I am dissapointed that you felt Williamsburg was not the best fit for you. We never try to advertise that we are in the middle of a loud and busy bar or shopping scene. Our guests enjoy the serenity of our location. For this reason I always encourage our guests to ask our front desk staff any question in the world about Brooklyn and Manhattan in order to maximize their stay. We have some really great and well known restaurants starting from just up the street from us. We are just over the Manhattan, Brooklyn and Williamsburg Bridges from Manhattan and centrally located to many parts of Brooklyn.

Next time you come we will send you to some great places. Make sure to book direct at www.condorny.com or 718-526-6367 for our best rates and promotions.

Thanks for sharing your feedback!

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2013

Manhattan was fairly well sold out last night so I took a room at this hotel in Brooklyn. This is a no frills boutique. My room was good (none of the issues seen in some of the negative reviews). I was on the 5th floor; was very quiet. The location is out of the way in the middle of a Hasidic community, which was interesting in itself, and seemingly very safe. It is about a mile walk to the subway, but an easy one. If I came back late at night I would want to be in an taxi (as I would in NYC generally).

Dear JElliott_601,

Thank you for sharing your experience. I am delighted to see that you experienced "good value at the right price" and that you noticed nothing negative as read in some of the older poor reviews. So much has changed with Williamsburg and our hotel over the past 3 years since we opened and I am very happy that you noticed the difference. One thing that hasn't changed is the well known safety of our neighborhood. We are known to be very safe and family friendly.

Thanks again and be sure to book direct at www.condorny.com or 718-526-6367 for our best rates and promotions!