“best bed ever!!!”
Review of The Condor Hotel

The Condor Hotel
Ranked #21 of 73 Hotels in Brooklyn
Reviewed July 21, 2013

the bed at the condor is the best bed i ever slept in. it's like sleeping on a cloud!!!!the rooms are big and the bathroom is great...if you have a bath enjoy it!!!it is so big...there is easily room for two!...
the staff at the condor is so friendly! John is great! he did everything to make us feel comfortable. even when i asked him for plates and cutlery at midnight ( we had a midnight feasttakeaway from vanessa's dumplings) he didnt hesitate and got it straightaway.
the breakfast is good i loved the bagels! i just missed my waffles.. and even if you don't want to sit at the big breakfast room you can take your stuff up in your room and have brekkie in bed in front of the telly ( we mostly watched dr. phil)
the staff is always there if you need help. the station is around 15 minutes walk and easy to find. I must admit that i would prefer this hotel to any hotel (even the plaza or hilton) because it is just "my"condor...it was a great experience and at the end i really really wished i could stay. thanks to the lovely cleaning ladies too!!! i think they deserve a big trophy for cleaning our room!!! (especially my side..but that is a different story)
the hotel is so good that we sometimes just stayed in instead of going clubbing...and i really wouldn't change anything about my great holliday (except i would have liked some waffles =P))
staff was great even when we booked the hotel and there were probs with the money on my account. they just waited paitently..thanks condor for my condor moments!!!

Room Tip: ask for a bathtub!!!!and don't feel afraid to ask the staff...they are always nice and friendly!
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
David-CondorHotel, General Manager at The Condor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2013

Dear Guest,

I am so delighted that we were able to deliver our 5 star commitment to you during your recent visit to NYC. Your valuable feedback is so unbelievably helpful. Thank you for sharing all of this.

Our staff is happy that the beds, rooms and bathrooms met your expectations. By the way, all of our rooms have a bath! John and our staff are so proud that they made such a positive impact during your stay. We have the best staff in NYC and I am glad you felt so at home and taken care of. Our cleaning staff is also ecstatic that they delivered their 5 star commitment to you as well!

Come back again so we can recreate those "Condor moments."

Thanks agains,

Reviewed July 19, 2013

I loved staying at the Condor. I'm a Manhattan girl and I usually stay midtown when I'm in nyc but this trip was an emergency and I couldn't afford the 1000+ prices for just 2 nights. The Condor wasn't exactly cheap but it was a great deal. The hotel was really clean which is the #1 thing I look for. The rooms were contemporary, and look just like they are advertised. They were extremely roomy for one person and would be very roomy for two. They also were great checking me in and the front desk staff was pleasant. The morning breakfast was easy and quick, and perfect before running out to accomplish what I needed to. The only thing I would complain about was the location...it was a little hard getting to Manhattan where I had to do most of my business but the neighborhood was safe and peaceful. Which is a good change from staying midtown. If you dont mind staying in south Williamsburg, then u will LOVE the condor. I still very happy with my stay and I will be returning to the Condor in two weeks :)

• Stayed: July 2013
David-CondorHotel, General Manager at The Condor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2013

Dear Isabelle,

I am sorry that you found yourself in an emergency situation on your recent trip to New York City. Our staff and I are very honored that you have decided to join us again in two weeks even though all of your previous stays have been in very expensive Midtown Manhattan hotels. I am very glad that you experienced what our guests experience when choosing our hotel and that is kind, helpful staff, clean, spacious and contemporary rooms with a fine complimentary breakfast. I am disappointed that you did not find our hotel to be as close to your work location. Perhaps our front desk can research a quicker route. We are here 24/7 for our guests so please let us know what we can do to help (no matter what hour of the day or night).

Thanks again for choosing us and we can't wait to see you again in 2 weeks!

Reviewed July 19, 2013

I was in on business, filming in Brooklyn and wanted a place close to our studio. I am very delighted to report the hotel was clean, stylish, comfortable and had a very helpful staff. It had all the amenities of larger and finer hotels, but most of all, my room was spacious with an extremely comfortable bed! During the crazy heatwave, the AC was a fantastic lifesaver! I definitely recommend this place as a "find". You won't be disappointed.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

Dear Thom,

Thank you for choosing the Condor Hotel for your recent film production trip. I am proud that we delivered a 5 star stay. Your feedback in regards to our impeccable hotel cleanliness, style and staff as well as your very positive experience with our spacious rooms, comfortable beds and refreshing a/c is very helpful to us. My staff is delighted that their hard work during your stay made your stay so enjoyable.

We can't wait to see you again and encourage you to book direct for your next stay.

Until Next Time,

Reviewed July 18, 2013

My family stayed here for two nights last week. Easily the best hotel I have been to in NYC and I have been coming to New York since 1998. The room was comfy, pleasantly air conditioned and had a handy mini-kitchen which was very handy for traveling with a small child. There was even a private screened in patio paved with soft rubber bricks perfect for a unsteady toddler to explore. The room had a energy saving system that cuts the electricity unless the key card is inserted- I especially appreciated that thoughtful feature. We were able to find street parking easily and we were in walking distance to a number of restaurants and stores. I would recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to Brooklyn and we can't wait to come back. We would like to say a special thanks to John who helped us upon check in and Drew (I think that was his name) overnight.

• Stayed: July 2013
David-CondorHotel, General Manager at The Condor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us on your recent visit to NYC. Your feedback is extremely important to us. We are humbled that you feel that The Condor Hotel is easily the best hotel you have been to in NYC since visiting here frequently since the late 90s. All of the positive points you have pointed out are so helpful to us and very descriptive for our future guests.

Thanks again, and we can't wait to see you again soon!

Reviewed July 17, 2013

I had only stayed in Manhattan during our trips to NY, but this time we decided to beat the Manhattan prices and give Brooklyn a try! Condor Hotel is unbelievable! So clean, so accommodating. The location is a bit of a walk from the subway, but it is totally worth it. Andrew, David, and John have all been so helpful. Every time I come to NYC, we will be staying at the Condor! Great hotel for families!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
David-CondorHotel, General Manager at The Condor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2013

Dear Sharon,

Thank you for joining us with your husband and three kids from Evangston Park, Illionois. We understood that you have always chosen Manhattan as your hotel destination on your past trips and are honored that you decided to give us a shot. My staff and I want to thank you for your very valuable and honest feedback. We work 24/7/365 to assure that our guests get a level of service that they would not find at any other hotel. You noticing this really lets us know that we are doing out job.

Be sure to call us directly for your next booking so that we can give you our best possible rate.

Thanks again!

Reviewed July 17, 2013

stayed at the Condor for two nights with my Mother and sister and were very pleased with the hotels ammeniites. very effficient use of space; modern rooms with comfortable bedding and adequate storage space. we were especially happy with the kitchenette (microwave, fridge, sink, wine glasses). Gentleman at the lobby was extremely helpful and friendly. its not too far from the subway either so it easy to get into the middle of town. The only problem we had was with our air-conditioner which was faulty and so very loud (my mother was unable to sleep properly the first night) However, this problem was rectified IMMEDIATELY by the hotel manager, David (my new bestfriend haha) and he refunded a nights stay! not only that, we were given a room to rest while we waited for our evening flight even though checkout is 11am! Furthermore, we were given cookies and lemonade everyday! The nice gentleman from earlier and David gave us a nice sendoff with more lemondae for our taxi ride to the airport!
Will definitely be staying at the Condor next time i'm in New York and would recommend to other travellers.

Dear Nicole,

I am so glad that you enjoyed the fresh cookies and lemonade that we sent you off with! Thank you for choosing our hotel and writing such valuable feedback. It's feedback like yours which helps us grow and become better every day we come into work. Thank you also for bringing to our attention the issue you faced with the a/c unit while you were here. Bringing it to our attention immediately allowed us to respond immediately.

It sounds like you really enjoyed our modern rooms, comfortable bedding, adequate storage space, standard suite-like kitchenette (with microwave, fridge, sink, wine glasses) as well as our staff and central location.

We hope you keep in touch and join us again soon!

Reviewed July 17, 2013

We had looked at the reviews before we went and were glad we booked here! Our room was on the first floor. No view but lovely and quiet! It was very clean as well which is always a "must"for me especially! The staff were extremely helpful with directions. They were also very helpful with our check-in as we also had our bikes with us that they stored for us when needed. The breakfast was in a lovely room downstairs . The staff there were also very friendly. They also have a lovely garden that is so pretty and private and quiet at the back. We really enjoyed having our coffee outside. There is also a lovely sitting area with a TV just off of that. We were within biking distance to the Brooklyn Bridge which was great. We felt it was a reasonable cost and the parking was just across the street. Very easy to access.

Room Tip: If you want a quiet room, the main floor worked well for us!
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
David-CondorHotel, General Manager at The Condor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2013

Dear Nancy,

Your positive review is really appreciated. I am very happy that you enjoyed a quiet sleep. Our night staff makes sure to keep the building extremely quiet. Our housekeeping and front desk team is going to be so happy that they were able to deliver on their 5 star commitment to friendliness, helpfulness and cleanliness. We recently upgraded our breakfast so I am very happy to see that you enjoyed it. I am very glad that you enjoyed what all of our other guests enjoyed including our one-of-a-kind garden, lounge, easy parking and great access to all parts of Brooklyn and Manhattan.

Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to share your experience and feedback with my hotel. Be sure to call us directly for your next booking so we can set you up with our best rate!